The Troll Lord product you'd like to see produced for C&C...

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

The Troll Lord product you'd like to see produced for C&C...

Post by slimykuotoan »

What is it?
For crying out loud, do what you can with the rolls the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Re: The Troll Lord product you'd like to see produced for C&

Post by Julian Grimm »

A product that fills in the gaps from the SRD as far as spell lists and monsters goes.
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

New material. A book of magic, sort of like the Tome of Magic for 2nd edition, or more like Kobold Press' recent Deep Magic. Lots of new, different, and weird magic and magic items - and not setting specific (like Aihdre).

Failing that, I would like to see The Haunted Highlands expanded. First off, a new edition of the Player's Guide to the Haunted Highlands. Hell, a simple update and re-edit. But beyond that, expand the setting with a wealth of new setting information, monsters, and even a brand new Black Libram of Natarus (kind of like Tome of Magic for the Haunted Highlands).

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

The Codex of Airhde.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

A supplement for playing sandbox/hex-crawl style C&C and tips for using the official settings and module series as sandboxes.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Rigon wrote:The Codex of Airhde.

R-

Rgr that. Plus more of the 'history' type books/settings
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Aergraith wrote:A supplement for playing sandbox/hex-crawl style C&C and tips for using the official settings and module series as sandboxes.
Yes, this too.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

gabriellyon
Hlobane Orc

Post by gabriellyon »

Finally, an easy question I can actually answer.
Rolled up Monster and Treasure book (combining the two non-Ahirde books) with a nice index
Book containing all the runes for the rune caster in one place
Ahirde map that contains the stuff for the haunted highlands on it
hmm sure there was more on my wish list but for some reason that is all I can think of right now.

Slight aside to Omote, whats the big problem with the current HH players guide? Have not had a real chance to dive into it.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

The Scrolls of Serleran.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

gabriellyon wrote:
Slight aside to Omote, whats the big problem with the current HH players guide? Have not had a real chance to dive into it.
No real problem per se, other than some editing problems with 3Eisms, and a few glitches here and there. Frankly, the editing for that book did not come out the best. Too many hyper BOLD lines. Plus, that Player's Guide to the HH incorporated some of the early 5th printing PHB. There are some flaws in that. I would like them to bring it up to the 6th printing standard. I think some of the class abilities, powers, spells, etc. need a little bit of fine tuning as, again, there are too many 3Eisms in the product.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

(1) All the Monster Books in one huge codex - Classic, M&T of Ahirde (just the Monsters), M&T (but just the Monsters), Of Gods & Monsters (yeah, just the Monsters), Codex Nordica and Codex Celtarum (again, just the monsters...), Tome of the Unclean, etc.

And of course the book would come with new monsters and art for all the monsters added.

(2) I'd also like to see pawns much like Paizo's Pathfinder Pawns, maybe starting with Iconics, the each of the Monster Books. Maybe Prepainted Miniatures?

(3) The next printing of the PHB have Iconic Images and perhaps a 32 page book that has all the classes with Iconics at various levels (say every 6) up to 24th Level.

(4) Hero Lab officially released by Troll Lord Games for C&C, with import capability to Fantasy Grounds.

(5) and/or a drop and drag Icon in Fantasy Grounds that auto-populates all the stuff for the class you select and race you select.
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

I'd like to see the coloured books published with black text.
For crying out loud, do what you can with the rolls the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

Warunsun
Hlobane Orc

Post by Warunsun »

TheMetal1 wrote:(1) All the Monster Books in one huge codex - Classic, M&T of Ahirde (just the Monsters), M&T (but just the Monsters), Of Gods & Monsters (yeah, just the Monsters), Codex Nordica and Codex Celtarum (again, just the monsters...), Tome of the Unclean, etc.

And of course the book would come with new monsters and art for all the monsters added.
I would definitely buy this Collected Monster Manual idea. :) In some ways it seems like a double dip but it would be entirely useful as a Dungeon Master. Since this would be a genuine reference manual I would keep it all black and white and make sure it had an excellent table of contents and index plus experience point errata or any needed monster errata. It would be a big book and expensive but very useful.

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

I'd enjoy a Rogues Gallery similar to that of the old AD&D release in which, along with NPC stats, liches, etc., the write ups and bios of the characters played by the Trolls themselves are included.

The write ups of the characters played by the TSR folks such as Gary Gygax (Bigby, Mordenkainen), Erol Otus (Valerius), Rob Kuntz (Robilar), Jean Wells (Ceatitle Trodar Northman), etc., were my favorite part of the AD&D Rogues Gallery. I imagine I'm not the only C&C fan curious about the characters played by the folks at TLG.....
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

marroon69
Mist Elf

Post by marroon69 »

A reference for quick NPCs; Thugs, buglers, priests, guards, captains, kings, pirates, druids, hermits...basically a quick resource for a GM to add NCPs with a little flavor to there game. I am not thinking full write-ups, save that for the Campaign stuff, just quick generic guys. Sort of a Monster and Treasure but NPC and ?? oh vehicles? Yes flush out vehicles, ships, carts, wagons, airships, horses...so NPC and Vehicles guide. Just a thought...new to the game an I know this would help me.

Korean Knight
Skobbit

Post by Korean Knight »

Optional advanced combat rules and/ or a few more character classes. :D

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Crusader regularly published. I used to love getting the Dragon magazine even when half of it sucked. Half a loaf of suck was better than half a loaf of nothing.

On line Wiki-like TLG volumes.. let the boards be more wiki-like in key topics.
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

cuchulainkevin
Ulthal

Post by cuchulainkevin »

More toolbox resources:

As Ancalagon mentioned a Rogues Gallery although with emphasis the lists of pregenerated npcs with evocative names like Kracky the Hooded One, Trebellos the Boy Magician, Mogo the Mighty, Bruno the battler (no, really)

Monster and Treasure assortments with a thematic focus - ie Hobgoblin city encounters, elven wood encounters, besides just the dungeon level encounters

Rules for class creation such as presented in The crusaders Companion

More engineering dungeons and castles- thanks Serleran! And Towers of Adventure. For example, Towers of Magic, Fighter's Strongholds, Thieves Guilds, with customizable adventuring tools. And it want them in Digest Box sets!

Codex Graecia

Official psionic rules that incorporate the psionic attack/defenses matrix (no, really)

Racial classes for C&C

A chronicle of the Winter's Dark Wars

I'd buy those
Ah room zoom zoom, ah room zoom zoom. gilly gilly gilly gilly, gilly ah sa sa. Come through the magic door with me and see the things you never dreamed you'll see.

exoknight
Ungern

Post by exoknight »

More Hardcover Monster Books
Oriental Adventures for C&C
Arabian Adventures for C&C
Check out my Blog.
Monster's Lair: A blog about uncommon creatures from OD&D to D20.
http://creaturespotlight.blogspot.com/

Warunsun
Hlobane Orc

Post by Warunsun »

exoknight wrote:Oriental Adventures for C&C
I would probably buy this.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Are we on a slippery slope? Can we avoid the slide into too many books, too many options? I love the fact you can still play this game with 1 book for players plus M&T for the CK? I love new stuff, I love house rules, I think many things in many games would be cool to add or try.. but well, I just don't want to turn into ADD XE....
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

On the oriental line, that would make a great page on its own, could not our community create the bones of that ourselves? Why wait? Start a Wiki-like post and we all add in our own and work to group tweak here and there? Put one author or poster for each class?

If we start simple with guidelines we can all work within it would not be bad. Two options come to the front for me A) No to few "new rules" for new classes and B) with new rules/options

Examples based on A above:
Monk exists, just flavor the weapons.
Ninja is a Class and a 1/2 Monk/Assassin, again favor the weapons and possessions
Samurai is a straight fighter or possibly a Knight trading horse stuff for battle stuff like lowest level monk stuff and some open hand (in armor)

exoknight
Ungern

Post by exoknight »

I would also like to see a Psionic Handbook product too.
Check out my Blog.
Monster's Lair: A blog about uncommon creatures from OD&D to D20.
http://creaturespotlight.blogspot.com/

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Here's one Have had kicking around in my head for a while: A Core Rules like program for C&C.

My dream version would have the required campaign mappers, character/NPC generators, Die rollers and custom content builder. Books could be handled in an e-pub format that is only compatible with the program. New C&C books would have a code in them to DL them to the program. Of course they would be hyper-linked and indexed for easy reference. As well there would be a program to make figure flats or paper mini;s for your games.

A deluxe version would have set ups for online play similar to Fantasy Grounds. And would connect to a site to find active games.

More than likely a dream but one of the rare things I would Kickstart or pay a good amount of money for.
Lord Skystorm

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

GreyLord
Hlobane Orc

Post by GreyLord »

exoknight wrote:More Hardcover Monster Books
Oriental Adventures for C&C
Arabian Adventures for C&C
You're thinking right up my alley.

Oriental Adventures would be the top of the list though...and I mean fully OA adventures, one that can stand on it's own. Something like the original OA from TSR (which had monsters and everything you need in the book).

Something else which was mentioned a long time ago, but I haven't seen materialize (so if it did, I somehow missed it) is the C&C basic set.

timburns
Ulthal

Post by timburns »

Here's a quick question for you guys, and maybe it should be a poll... but what are your digital habits? How many of you are moving over to kindle, etc? And how many just prefer the PDFs?

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

slimykuotoan wrote:I'd like to see the coloured books published with black text.
My sleep deprived mind skimmed this as reading "colouring book" and I had to read it again. Oddly that same mind went, "Cool!"

:mrgreen:
timburns wrote:Here's a quick question for you guys, and maybe it should be a poll... but what are your digital habits? How many of you are moving over to kindle, etc? And how many just prefer the PDFs?
PDF's definitely.

Maybe start a new thread and pop a poll option at the top. It'd make your life easier.
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

timburns wrote:Here's a quick question for you guys, and maybe it should be a poll... but what are your digital habits? How many of you are moving over to kindle, etc? And how many just prefer the PDFs?
I prefer a kindle for general reading, but I still much prefer hard copies for gaming products. About the only upside for me with PDFs is that I can download them and have the product immediately if I want it. That doesn't change my preference for hard copies, though.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

PDFs for things like reference sheets. Hard copy for books and main material.
Lord Skystorm

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

I seldom use any electronic format material other than as an archive copy of things. Character sheets to print off and that's about it. I have to have hard copy of things if I'm looking at more than one reference. I'm just a luddite that way.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."