Please post the titles o' your favorite C&C adventures.

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Please post the titles o' your favorite C&C adventures.

Post by slimykuotoan »

And a brief reason as to why you like them. :)
For crying out loud, do what you can with the rolls the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

AGNKim
Lord High Inquisitor

Re: Please post the titles o' your favorite C&C adventures.

Post by AGNKim »

Dark Journey... duh. :lol:

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

I... don't think I've heard o' that one. Why dost thou like it?
For crying out loud, do what you can with the rolls the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

Pour moi, Haunted Highlands was a super treat. It featured one o' my favorite characters: Draupnir, and was run by a dear friend: Treebore.

Wonderful times

It's C&C's Keep on the Borderlands for me, in terms of its flexibility and freeness.

AGNKim
Lord High Inquisitor

Post by AGNKim »

slimykuotoan wrote:I... don't think I've heard o' that one. Why dost thou like it?
I wrote it. Which makes the initial joke just not that funny I would guess...

It started as an AD&D adventure from years ago. It was kind of half-written, and half played from the hip for years as I tweaked it. When I started writing for TLG, I went back and resurrected it for C&C. It has a very old-school feel to it because I started writing it in the 80s.

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

Ooo... nice!

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I always like Mortality of Green. That vast forest setting just resonates with me.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Fullerton
Mist Elf

Post by Fullerton »

CZA1 Dark Chateau (the best C&C module I've run)
CZ2 The Upper Works (the best C&C module I've played)

And three modules by Melan / Gabor Lux:
The Garden of al-Astorion ( see here https://web.archive.org/web/20091111093 ... index.html )
The House of Rogat Demazien ( same link as above )
Strabonus ( http://fomalhaut.lfg.hu/files/2010/03/e ... nusz-e.pdf )

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

I don't play nearly enough C&C adventures; everyone wants to run AD&D modules all the time :).
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

Verdant Rage is killer awesome; I love it, love it, love it.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

I own pretty much all of the C&C adventures, and a few of TLG's D20 modules. Mind you, I haven't gm'd anywhere near all of them. I'm hesistant to name a favorite, but I thought the A0:The Rising Knight was a very solid 1st level adventure. I ran a group through that one a few years ago. Good npc's in the town, encounters overland, and the main part of the story in the temple. Good stuff.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

I don't think I really have one. I have run a few but none of them stands out for me. I am thinking about trying to modify the A-series for my world when I get over my CKing break and see what I think of it. Sadly, most of the feedback I have gotten from my players on the modules have been lukewarm at best.
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Castle Zagyg. For obvious and not obvious reasons.

Umbrage Saga. Likewise.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Assault on Blacktooth Ridge is one of the best D&D adventures of all time, IMO!!!

:D
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Rhuvein wrote:Assault on Blacktooth Ridge is one of the best D&D adventures of all time, IMO!!!

Seconded. There is talk that the campaign I was running in that will get together again this year. :D I really enjoy that adventure and hope I get to do more than to just have had the PC's arrive there from A0.
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

A0 to 2, 4 to 6.
The first 3 of Haunted Highlands.

I like all of them, just some, like A3, needed some serious rewriting and rethinking to make it run smoothly and make more sense to my players. I have yet to run A7 onward, so can't say what I really think of those. All of the C&C converted modules were well received by my face to face group, especially Mysterious Tower and Fingers of the Forsaken Hand. Stewart's Halflings Hall has been well received both times I ran it.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Oh yeah, I should mention a few more that I really liked as did my players:

Lion in the Ropes
Shadows of Halfling Hall
Dark Chateau
Rising Knight

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Hmm...

Here's a few memorable ones which rank up there for me and my various groups for C&C. My top three:

A Lion In The Ropes
Fantastic Adventure
Shadows of Halfling Hall

Honorable Mention:

The Secret of Ronan Skerry

M

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Shadows of the Halfling Hall is a good one.
I suppose I'll have to start playing Victorious if I want more Mike Stewart adventures.

I like Ruins of Ramat a lot as a C&C intro for CKs and players.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

maasenstodt
Hlobane Orc

Post by maasenstodt »

My favorite introductory C&C modules are Beacon at Enon Tor and Dark Journey. I just wish the later incorporated wandering monsters and dungeon restocking.

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

Aergraith wrote:Shadows of the Halfling Hall is a good one.
I suppose I'll have to start playing Victorious if I want more Mike Stewart adventures.

Well, I have no idea about its status (or the company's) but I sold a module (For Love of Evil) to Brave Halfling a few years ago!

After Victorious is out for a bit, I might very well return to some C&C modules if Troll Lord allows...

Mike
The Save for Half Podcast: Old School RPGs Reviewed
http://www.saveforhalf.com

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

They'd be fools not to allow you to do more modules, Mike. ;)

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

Stop! ;) I'm blushing here...

Though I've been asked over the years to do a sequel to Halfling Hall, maybe in dealing with the destruction of the widget.

Mike

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Keep blushing!

I'd like to see a sequel. NO, I DEMAND A SEQUEL!!!! :D

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

DMMike wrote:
Aergraith wrote:Shadows of the Halfling Hall is a good one.

Well, I have no idea about its status (or the company's) but I sold a module (For Love of Evil) to Brave Halfling a few years ago!

After Victorious is out for a bit, I might very well return to some C&C modules if Troll Lord allows...

Mike
Hey Mike... I remember that module and it used to be in my possession. That was a three computers and a fatal hard drive crash ago. I'd have to talk to John (Brave Halfling) about it -- everything C&C related that we did (and stuff planned) was transferred to me and it seems to be the only thing I can't locate right now. I'd be happy to actually put it out and work with you to get it published starting sometime after July (my wedding is towards the end and then we are honeymooning at GenCon -- I consider myself a VERY lucky man).

If you are willing of course. With the failure of bringing Victorious to print when it was under are care was something that really saddens me when I consider the disappointment and frustration this process has caused. Needless to say, I am delighted that this is finally getting the treatment it deserves.

If you want to bring 'The Love of Evil' to the light of day, PM me at your convenience and we can chat some more.

M

Desrimal
Hlobane Orc

Post by Desrimal »

A big +1 to Shadows of the Halfling Hall from me.

I remember The town of New Brayer (Briar?) served my old group as a base of operations for many adventures. Many of the NPCs from that adventure had major roles in some my own spin-off adventures.
RPGing since '89

Guitarist in Rust Age (old-school rock)
https://youtu.be/c7ULaz7yRig

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

Ok, sorry I took so long to reply but this thread flew under my radar for a bit.

Morty; sure I'd be interested. Email me at my last name stewart with the addition of 69 (*) and at gmail.com

Thanks all for the kind words about Shadows. Believe it or not, it was inspired by a dream. I woke up one morning and told Liz that I'd dreamed I saw a module on sale at a FLGS that I wrote....and it was called "Shadows of the Halfling Hall". So, my dear wife Liz said to write it and submit it somewhere.

I don't know if that constitutes precognition or just moving with an idea regardless of hurdles....but there it is. :D

Mike

(*) = That's my birth year guys, seriously!

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

DMMike wrote:Ok, sorry I took so long to reply but this thread flew under my radar for a bit.

Morty; sure I'd be interested. Email me at my last name stewart with the addition of 69 (*) and at gmail.com

Thanks all for the kind words about Shadows. Believe it or not, it was inspired by a dream. I woke up one morning and told Liz that I'd dreamed I saw a module on sale at a FLGS that I wrote....and it was called "Shadows of the Halfling Hall". So, my dear wife Liz said to write it and submit it somewhere.

I don't know if that constitutes precognition or just moving with an idea regardless of hurdles....but there it is. :D

Mike

Hey Mike... that's OK. This thread also few under my radar and with my wedding three weeks away, my focus has been elsewhere. I will email you when we get back from GenCon.

M

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

moriarty777 wrote:
DMMike wrote:Ok, sorry I took so long to reply but this thread flew under my radar for a bit.

Mike

Hey Mike... that's OK. This thread also few under my radar and with my wedding three weeks away, my focus has been elsewhere. I will email you when we get back from GenCon.

M
*bump*

As I, too, would love to see more Stewarty goodness in C&C modules.
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

Mine so far is A12 the Paladin's lament mostly because it was the first published product that I got a tribute in lol along with a few others on the board. I bought it because I was told and I actually enjoy it. I'm also a huge fan of the "Jack of Lies" it is such an interesting setting full of good ol fashioned intrigue murder and mystery most foul