Amazing Advent characters for con demo?

Discussion of the pulp roleplaying system, including hard-boiled detectives, fedora-wearing action heroes, and steampunk gadgeteers rocketing to battle.
tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Amazing Advent characters for con demo?

Post by tylermo »

Hello. The ol' TLG fanboy/part-time convention rep and demo runner has decided to run one AA demo at a convention in late June. 5 of our games are C&C (as it's the flag ship), but I wanted to showcase AA a little. I'm using a shorter version of the Heart of Yhtill, and am in the process of making characters. Are there any existing sample characters for this game? I need as many as 6. Raider, Arcanist, Gumshoe, Pugilist, Hooligan, and Socialite. Thanks.

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Re: Amazing Advent characters for con demo?

Post by Jason Vey »

I'll post some stat blocks for characters by the end of the day Saturday. Will try tonight if I can--the wife is working late, so I should have some quiet time in the house to bang some things out.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Don't kill yourself trying to get it done. lol I've been working on them a bit. I used one trait per character instead of two (sometimes it was hard to find ones I felt were right for each character). I may ignore backgrounds and skills for now. I started each character w/maximum fate points, and I'm trying to eyeball equipment and weapons for each class. It seems the arcanist isn't quite as restricted as a wizard, so I have to make certain he doesn't overpower the other classes. I'd post what I have so far, but I'm on cellphone internet. Thanks for your help and advice.

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

The Arcanist won't overpower the other characters--the system's been playtested and the math triple-checked.

I would honestly dump Traits before dumping Backgrounds and/or Knowledges. If you were going to use one of the three, I'd go with just Backgrounds.

old school gamer
Red Cap

Post by old school gamer »

Still waiting?

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

Tyler has the stat blocks. They were sent straight to him ages ago.

However, they will be included in the revised second printing of the game!

old school gamer
Red Cap

Post by old school gamer »

Can you send to me too?

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Just got back from a convention for Troll Lord. Jason, I'm trying to recall if you sent those via e-mail or what. It's been awhile. My memory is really foggy. I've been using about 6 pregens of my own for 4-5 different con demos.