Seeing some very positive statements abouot the ...

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
Treebore
Mogrl

Seeing some very positive statements abouot the ...

Post by Treebore »

Haunted Highlands books. I think I supported high enough that I get a T-shirt, etc... so my stuff won't ship until next week, but the initial excitement I am seeing about it is very encouraging, despite the editing errors mentioned. The Trolls really need to use us KS backers to get extra sets of eye's on their PDF's before they are sent off to get printed. Regardless, they are loving the material, as I am sure I will, since I cannot stand learning new material from a digital format.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: Seeing some very positive statements abouot the ...

Post by Treebore »

and now that it has arrived in my house hold, my oldest is very excited about it and is already messaging his gaming group about the new HH campaign he wants to do, and all he did was flip through the Players Guide. I wonder how he is going to react when he see's what is in the HH CKG...
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Oh, and he pretty much screwed up my Darlene map as soon as he put his hands on it, so I am glad I had already ordered 2 more...

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Argh. Mine's still out in the mail somewhere! Now that I moved to Maine, my stuff always seems to arrive after all the rest of you guys.

Pat Payne
Hlobane Orc

Post by Pat Payne »

Treebore wrote:Haunted Highlands books.
I've got the PDF of the Player's Guide, and I am very impressed. I've already got plans to use the expanded humanoid races (Orc, Goblin, Kobold, Etc.) to make new and unique NPCs in my campaign.

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

dachda wrote:Argh. Mine's still out in the mail somewhere! Now that I moved to Maine, my stuff always seems to arrive after all the rest of you guys.
Try living in Canada and wait for packages sent from the U.S. It seems the U.S.P.S. and Canada Post have had a model of expensive shipping for the crappiest service they sometimes go out of their way to provide.
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson

Shadowslayer
Ungern

Post by Shadowslayer »

Sir Ironside wrote: Try living in Canada and wait for packages sent from the U.S. It seems the U.S.P.S. and Canada Post have had a model of expensive shipping for the crappiest service they sometimes go out of their way to provide.
Haha. Yeah the shipping rate is pretty obnoxious. But I did make an order for 3 hardbacks a while ago. They got here in pretty decent time. I forget exactly, but it was less than 2 weeks. Maybe I got lucky.

pawndream
Red Cap

Post by pawndream »

I was hoping to see my copies of the HH PHB and CKG arrive in the mail today, but no luck. I guess it takes a bit longer for things to ship from mainland to Hawaii.

Maybe tomorrow?

:)

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Just picked HH up at my FLGS that had a couple of shrink wrapped bundles, with PHB, CKG, cookbook, module, 2 maps, and map booklet. I like this a lot. I like that the PHB has redundant information from the core PHB, couched in terms of the setting, that is useful. I already had a bunch of the modules but it's neat to have them all in one place, and this series really seems to be a setting first and an adventures series second.

I found it a bit weird that the Jim Ward module had Tefnut, an Aihrdean deity in it, in a HH bundle, but such is the madness of C&C.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Aergraith wrote:
I found it a bit weird that the Jim Ward module had Tefnut, an Aihrdean deity in it, in a HH bundle, but such is the madness of C&C.

Well, it kind of makes sense, since the HH now has an official location within Aihrde.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I recently obtained these books but have not been able to read through them. Casey has a great grasp on barbaric fantasy so I'm sure they're going to be a nice addition.

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

serleran wrote:I recently obtained these books but have not been able to read through them. Casey has a great grasp on barbaric fantasy so I'm sure they're going to be a nice addition.
Indeed. I have enjoyed my first (rather cursory) read-through of the material. I printed out from the PDF the Mantua adventure (DB8? DB9? I don't have the book with me) as I am running my HH campaign from Eskadia southward for my son's solo play. I plan on keeping him inside the city first, with some jaunts outside of it, before allowing him to trek towards Karbosk & Rhodensia.

As stated in another thread, I plan on posting my notes RE: Eskadia in future. Real life has taken a bite out of that plan's progress but eventually I will do it.
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax