A0 Map Scale vs Aihrde Map Scale Question

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
Corrilwynn
Skobbit

A0 Map Scale vs Aihrde Map Scale Question

Post by Corrilwynn »

I am preparing my first C&C game, and I'm using the Umbrage Saga. I am a little confused about the map scale. I have the beautiful Aihrde poster maps, which list a 1 inch = 24 mile scale. The "Malforten to Botkinburg" map from the set shows a scale of 3/8 inch = 10 miles, which works out to be 1 inch = about 26.7 miles.

The adventure map is a zoomed in version of the area on the larger map, but it has a slightly larger scale than the world map? Has anyone played this adventure, and changed the map scale? How would 3/8 inch = 1 mile work out with the adventure? Would the sites be too close together? I suppose I could just use the 3/8 inch = 10 miles scale of the adventure map and change the world map to a larger scale per inch.

When I measure out the distance between Ludensheim and Botkinburg on the world map, it is 1/4 inch. On the A series map, the 2 towns are about 2 inches apart, or 8 times the distance shown on the adventure map. So if I use the scale of the adventure map, the larger map should be 1 inch = 26.7x8 = 213 miles.

I know this is all nit-picky, but I'm trying to build a hex crawl with the Aihrde setting, and want to start in the Blacktooth ridge...

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Re: A0 Map Scale vs Aihrde Map Scale Question

Post by alcyone »

Honestly, I'd draw a new map of the Umbrage area doing your best to fit the descriptions in the module, and if you have to, change those too. I did something similar last time I ran it, but I don't think I have the map anymore. You can leave the larger map's scale, and make sure future maps fit that.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

PeelSeel2
Ulthal

Re: A0 Map Scale vs Aihrde Map Scale Question

Post by PeelSeel2 »

I think scale on the map should be 1 hex = 1 mile instead of 10. That places 6 miles between the two towns,bringing it in line with the larger map.