Fantasy Races third-party material

Discuss the SIEGE engine, and SIEGE Engine games other than C&C, such as StarSIEGE, in this forum.
Christina Stiles
Ulthal

Fantasy Races third-party material

Post by Christina Stiles »

So, I believe I have squared things away with the Troll Lord to have a C&C license to produce materials. Peter Bradley has asked me to do up some alternate fantasy races. I have kobolds and wereblooded in the works. What else would you want yo see as player races?

Drop me a note her or no by and like my Facebook Page. These will be produced under my upcoming Christina Stiles Presents company. You can find my Pathfinder material through Super Genius a Games and Misfit Studios.

And what other things would you like to see from a third-party publisher for C&C?

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Fantasy Races third-party material

Post by alcyone »

I'd like to see solo and 1-on-1 adventures.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Though it may be passe', I'd like to see more traditional fantasy-type, humanoid races presented for C&C. For example, trolls, goblins, hobs, ogres, and the like. From there, branch out into the more unique and fantastic (satyrs, centaurs, grigs, etc.).

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

PeelSeel2
Ulthal

Post by PeelSeel2 »

Minotaurs, Warforged, Dragonborn, Tiefling.

kreider204
Unkbartig

Post by kreider204 »

PeelSeel2 wrote:Minotaurs, Warforged, Dragonborn, Tiefling.
Those are D&D 4e races, yes? I think that's a great idea - it might help steal D&D players and woo them over to C&C. :) I suspect there are copyright issues, though, so you'd have to come up with versions with the serial numbers filed off ...

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

kreider204 wrote:
Those are D&D 4e races, yes? I think that's a great idea - it might help steal D&D players and woo them over to C&C. :) I suspect there are copyright issues, though, so you'd have to come up with versions with the serial numbers filed off ...
Teiflings definitely, I think I saw them in Pathfinder that would make them not product identity

As long as Dragonborn is unique to the writings that one will be safe too there are dragonborn in a lot of non-wizards works take Skyrim for example.

Minotaurs are so drenched in legend and mythology from civilizations who have died out long ago that Christina can't be even touched for making that a race.

However Warforged may be product Identity and need to be restylized, redone and renamed.

I am all for Kobolds.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I'd love to see the 2E Complete Humanoids book pretty much completely redone for C&C. Plus having every creature on the Reincarnation chart done up as a playable "race".
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Alternate versions of standard races or sub-races and different ideas on humans. That way they are not all cookie cutter versions.
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Christina Stiles
Ulthal

Minotaurs and tieflings are OGC, so not an issue. The others would have to be changed somewhat, but that is not impossible. There are OGC versions of similar things that can be emulated.

On another note, would you want the ability to trade out a trait for something different? This is an idea from Pathfinder's Advanced Races.

Christina Stiles
Ulthal

Julian Grimm wrote:Alternate versions of standard races or sub-races and different ideas on humans. That way they are not all cookie cutter versions.
I actually had alternate humans in SpirosBlaak, so that is something possible to pursue.

Christina Stiles
Ulthal

Treebore wrote:I'd love to see the 2E Complete Humanoids book pretty much completely redone for C&C. Plus having every creature on the Reincarnation chart done up as a playable "race".
I don't recall that particular book, but list what is in it, and I will use that as a starting point. Note that I'm interested in doing C&C versions of playable lycanthropes, as well.

Christina Stiles
Ulthal

Aergraith wrote:I'd like to see solo and 1-on-1 adventures.
That is something I can consider. I will mull it over.

You guys keep letting me know what you want, and I will make it happen. If it is of any interest, I have a license to do Savage Worlds and Dungeon Crawl Classics.

capmarvel
Hlobane Orc

Post by capmarvel »

Julian Grimm wrote:Alternate versions of standard races or sub-races and different ideas on humans. That way they are not all cookie cutter versions.
Wow...I was going to type this exact thing until I saw you beat me to it.

I'd like to see 5 or 10 (or more?) unique options for Dwarf, Elf, etc. Different racial traits/abilities. Different background or social status suggestions.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Christina Stiles wrote:
Treebore wrote:I'd love to see the 2E Complete Humanoids book pretty much completely redone for C&C. Plus having every creature on the Reincarnation chart done up as a playable "race".
I don't recall that particular book, but list what is in it, and I will use that as a starting point. Note that I'm interested in doing C&C versions of playable lycanthropes, as well.
Yeah, my daughter has been doing Lycans for a few years now, with a little input from me. Seeing another take on how to do it would be cool.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Hal G
Red Cap

Post by Hal G »

capmarvel wrote:
Wow...I was going to type this exact thing until I saw you beat me to it.

I'd like to see 5 or 10 (or more?) unique options for Dwarf, Elf, etc. Different racial traits/abilities. Different background or social status suggestions.
Christina, if you like this idea, drop me a message I am sure I can do some cool fluff with this and have Peter S work on crunch.

Christina Stiles
Ulthal

Hal G wrote:
Christina, if you like this idea, drop me a message I am sure I can do some cool fluff with this and have Peter S work on crunch.
I'm wanting to publish this material. Are you saying you want to write for me?

Hal G
Red Cap

Post by Hal G »

Christina Stiles wrote:
Hal G wrote:
I'm wanting to publish this material. Are you saying you want to write for me?
I am saying it is a possibility, drop me an email/IM/PM and we can talk, I have fluff ideas for it and have a stat guy in my back pocket.

Christina Stiles
Ulthal

I've sent over my kobold for Peter Bradley to take a look at. Hopefully, he'll make a pdf out of it, too, while he has it. :) Tieflings next. Then likely goblins.

Also, Hal and I have talked, and he will be doing some cool stuff for Christina Stiles Presents! Yay, Hal!

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Christina Stiles and Hal Greenberg working on C&C material is going to create some fantastic C&C products. This is what the C&C community needs. Thanks guys, and best luck! I can't wait to see what the both of you come up with.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

great news!

I too like the idea of variant core races, but also minotaurs, or perhaps (dare I use this word) make a template for beast-headed people, so you could be a pig-face, bull-head classic minotaur, dog head, or even mosquito headed monster guy. why stat each one separately?

how about playable giants? Warforged seems cool.
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

Christina Stiles
Ulthal

Relaxo wrote:great news!

I too like the idea of variant core races, but also minotaurs, or perhaps (dare I use this word) make a template for beast-headed people, so you could be a pig-face, bull-head classic minotaur, dog head, or even mosquito headed monster guy. why stat each one separately?

how about playable giants? Warforged seems cool.
I actually have a beast-headed folk called wereblooded we did for Pathfinder. I can bring that "template" over easily. There are bear-headed, wolf-headed, and cat-headed in there--and there was room for other "heads" to be added.

I'm certainly up for doing the other races you mention.

Additionally, I opened up the definition of who could be a lycanthrope in Pathfinder, and we have a weremantis coming up for my Misfit Studios Bite Me! series. I could see a wereblooded mantis!

Christina Stiles
Ulthal

Christina Stiles wrote:I've sent over my kobold for Peter Bradley to take a look at. Hopefully, he'll make a pdf out of it, too, while he has it. :) Tieflings next. Then likely goblins.
Btw, I included alternate trait that you could trade out for with the kobold. I'll do this with all the races I'll present. I liked the way Pathfinder's Advanced Race Guide offered up options like that, so I thought C&C should, as well. Players like some options.

Christina Stiles
Ulthal

Omote wrote:Christina Stiles and Hal Greenberg working on C&C material is going to create some fantastic C&C products. This is what the C&C community needs. Thanks guys, and best luck! I can't wait to see what the both of you come up with.

~O
Hal and I are bringing C&C sexy back! ;-)

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

You go girl!

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

So now is it a Kobold dressed in a black and white tux with bow tie dancing next to a lycanthrope in a little black dress?

Hal G
Red Cap

Post by Hal G »

Dracyian wrote:So now is it a Kobold dressed in a black and white tux with bow tie dancing next to a lycanthrope in a little black dress?
I am wearing a tux-wow, nicest I have dressed in years! :mrgreen:

capmarvel
Hlobane Orc

Post by capmarvel »

Note yesterday I was skimming through the Castle Keepers Guide (I'm still reading the Players Handbook)...anyway, I see in there a few "racial variants" like the Deep Dwarf - would like more of these type of write-ups for each race.

Christina Stiles
Ulthal

Hal has you covered!

I'm working on alternate races. Tieflings are on my plate this week.

capmarvel
Hlobane Orc

Post by capmarvel »

Well, quit replying to us forum nerds and get back to work!

:lol:

Hal G
Red Cap

Post by Hal G »

capmarvel wrote:Well, quit replying to us forum nerds and get back to work!

:lol:

LOL
Tomorrow Brian and I are writing up the first race for this project and hope to have it ready for CS to look at it by next weekend.

I am working on this with Bluffside contributor Brian Boonstra and stat guru Peter Schroeder.

If all goes well we can start a regular series for these.