Gamehole Con, Madison, Wisconsin Nov. 1-3

Forums for Troll Con, Gen Con and other convention discussions.
Narl
Mist Elf

Gamehole Con, Madison, Wisconsin Nov. 1-3

Post by Narl »

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up about Gamehole Con in Madison, November 1-3, 2013. This is our first year. I am a long-time C&C player, and I'd really like to see some C&C run at the convention. Unfortunately, I will be too busy running a convention to run any games.

If any of you are interested in running games at Gamehole Con, we have some nice perks, which you can see here: http://www.gameholecon.com/event-submission

We also have a great list of special guests, including a number of former TSR guys. Let me know if you have any questions!

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Re: Gamehole Con, Madison, Wisconsin Nov. 1-3

Post by Dracyian »

I would love to run a game or two down there for C&C, is the C&C society game that was run at Garycon still going to be in use come November? If so I would love to run it once or twice (to get my ten dollars off) down there, otherwise I will rig something up to run down there

Narl
Mist Elf

Post by Narl »

Dracyian, that would be great if you can run some games! I am going to check with the Trolls regarding prize support of some sort if we get a few C&C games going.

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

I can easily run a few games saturday and sunday, friday is up in the air whether or not I will be able to get down there soon enough to run a game. I will keep in touch as the time draws near but I will for sure be there saturday and sunday

Narl
Mist Elf

Post by Narl »

Great! You don't need to buy a badge to submit games. Just set up an account here:

http://www.gameholecon.com/user.do?method=edit

And then go here to submit whatever you want to run:

http://www.gameholecon.com/event.do?method=edit

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

I will be there at some point, but am not sure yet what my work schedule will be like around that time. How late will registration go?
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

Narl
Mist Elf

Post by Narl »

John, we haven't considered that yet. I expect we can accept game submissions up until a week or two before the con (but they may not make it into the program). If you can't commit until right up close to the con, and we have closed game submission for some reason, let me know and I'll get it on the schedule.

It would be great if you could run some games!

Thanks, Mike

Narl
Mist Elf

Post by Narl »

We have just confirmed that the Trolls will be exhibiting at the convention, and we will be getting a number of C&C games on the schedule. We are still looking for more CK's of course! Game registration is open now as well.

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

Is there going to be a society game or anything along those lines?

Narl
Mist Elf

Post by Narl »

Honestly, I'm not sure what makes a C&C game a C&C Society game. I do know we will have six or more games of C&C, run by Tylermo and Troll James.

If someone would like to run C&CS games or a tourney, we are of course open to that!

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

there was a C&CS game ran at Gary con that is why I was asking, I have to sign up my games, I'm just waiting for my boss to return from leave to discuss friday

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Wasn't sure if Mike was going to break the news first, or the Trolls themselves. Either way, TLG will be running games and selling the entire line of products at the con. My buddy and con helper, Troll James, and I will run as many games as we can. TLG's booth will probably be conveniently located by our demo tables. I'Ve been told there may be the possibility of a special guest gm for one C&C session. I'll say no more until that has been 100% confirmed. I'd sure appreciate any other gm's who wish to run C&C at the event. Sounds like we're going to be well represented. More to come....

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

tylermo wrote:Wasn't sure if Mike was going to break the news first, or the Trolls themselves. Either way, TLG will be running games and selling the entire line of products at the con. My buddy and con helper, Troll James, and I will run as many games as we can. TLG's booth will probably be conveniently located by our demo tables. I'Ve been told there may be the possibility of a special guest gm for one C&C session. I'll say no more until that has been 100% confirmed. I'd sure appreciate any other gm's who wish to run C&C at the event. Sounds like we're going to be well represented. More to come....
I was looking to run two sessions myself, I am just waiting for my managers return from vacation to see how soon I can head down there

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

Signed up and will be there - Friday night and all day Saturday :)
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

Narl
Mist Elf

Post by Narl »

seskis281 wrote:Signed up and will be there - Friday night and all day Saturday :)
Great! We have the C&C games posted now if anyone wants to check them out.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Here is Troll Lord Games' schedule for GameHole...

Friday, Nov. 1st
------------------------------------------------------------
A Relative Problem 1:30pm

They Call Him Guff 7:30pm

The Winding Stair 7:30pm

Saturday, Nov. 2nd
------------------------------------------------------------
Wizard's Tower 8:00am

The Looking Stone 1:30pm

The Mythnoc Cairns 7:00pm

Amazing Adventures:The Heart of Yhtill 7:00pm

Sunday, Nov. 3rd
-------------------------------------------------------------
Cloud Giant's Tower 8:00am

In addition, to Troll James McCormick, and myself, Jim Ward will be running his latest adventure...Beneath the Dome. That's confirmed after I spoke with Jim again yesterday. I don't know the exact day or time, but it will be on the GameHole website. Jim may be up for autograph sessions at the TLG booth, but we'll have to coordinate with his busy demo and panel schedule. He's been a real trooper in promoting the hobby at this con. Also, a relative newcomer to gaming, Jaclyn, will be accompanying us. This may free up time to run more demo's. Even if not, I'd say we've got a pretty nice schedule of games. Can't wait to meet old and new faces at GameHole. An honor for the organizers to have invited us. :D

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

All Signed up for games and vacation is okayed at work woohoo

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Draycian, are you running some games at GH? Look forward to meeting you.

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

tylermo wrote:Draycian, are you running some games at GH? Look forward to meeting you.
I am running two games of Relaxo's Yarr, one firday afternoon and one saturday morning for all ages, been working on a funblackbeard's treasure adventure.

I am also in Ernie's game one of yours and one of James, so it will definitely be a blast :D

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

I would have loved to sign up for games being gm'd by Ernie, Jim, and the rest. Full days of selling and demo-ing for me. Which games of our's did you sign up for?

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

tylermo wrote:I would have loved to sign up for games being gm'd by Ernie, Jim, and the rest. Full days of selling and demo-ing for me. Which games of our's did you sign up for?
I'm in your winding stair friday night and then Jame's Mythic Cairn Saturday Night

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

WARD, MENTZER, GYGAX JR., and tylermo and troll james. Who's out of their leagues on that gaming roster?? Lol Thanks for supporting us anyway. ;)

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

tylermo wrote:WARD, MENTZER, GYGAX JR., and tylermo and troll james. Who's out of their leagues on that gaming roster?? Lol Thanks for supporting us anyway. ;)
I'm in a Gygax game for sure but for me as odd as it sounds, there was more interest and want for me to sit in and play your's and troll james games. I interact with you guys on th boards and it would be spectacular to see how you run a game and act in real life and put a person behind these names. There will be "The Great DMs" at future Gary cons and other conventions and I will sit in and play their games then if I can.

I also have minimal D&D experience I played a little bit AD&D with my pops years back but now we ahve moved onto C&C or as we call it rules light D&D

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

Got my lastest email update for this a week ago or so, just read it this morning and I am glad I got the package with the cup (i'm a sucker for collecting things) $3.00 pints of spotted cow, we will all have to unwind :D with some good old fashion Wisconsin Cow