Monday Wilderlands, The Slavelords.

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Treebore
Mogrl

Re: Monday Wilderlands, The Slavelords.

Post by Treebore »

I have a possible idea to have us miss fewer game sessions. Could you guys do a "make up day", meaning if the Monday session gets cancelled have the automatic reschedule be on Wednesday of the same week? Same time?
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:I have a possible idea to have us miss fewer game sessions. Could you guys do a "make up day", meaning if the Monday session gets cancelled have the automatic reschedule be on Wednesday of the same week? Same time?
Wednesdays are out for me. That's poker night. I could possible do Tuesdays.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Rigon wrote:
Treebore wrote:I have a possible idea to have us miss fewer game sessions. Could you guys do a "make up day", meaning if the Monday session gets cancelled have the automatic reschedule be on Wednesday of the same week? Same time?
Wednesdays are out for me. That's poker night. I could possible do Tuesdays.

R-
Excellent suggestion. Unfortunately, I don't think it can work for the same reason we are in a death spiral: in a large group, there will be enough people with important non-game situations that we won't be able to get the whole group together on the alternate days either ;). Darn people like Rhuvein and Nwelte responsibly providing for their families like the upstanding gentlemen they are. Darn them!

For example, I think both Treebore and Kayolan have a game Tuesday so they would be out for Rigon's suggestion. In fact, I think Treebore's only open night might be Wednesday :lol:

Friday might be a possibility for some. I actually toyed with starting a campaign on Fridays, to get some gaming happening, but the inevitable attendance death spiral fortunately brought me to my senses and I shelved it.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Yeah, Wednesday is my only night currently free (Tuesday-Josh's game, Thursday, Thursday Night Irregulars, Friday-Legend of the 5 Rings, Saturday, Face to face gaming, L5R last weekend, Sunday, Nate's game). Still, I don't consider us in a "death spiral", just too much real life getting in the way. I am determined to keep playing, and as long as everyone else is as well, we're fine.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Your game tonight, right?

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote:Your game tonight, right?

R-
Sure is, as long as nothing unexpected occurs. I feel good, so sickness should not be an issue.

Galadrin
Hlobane Orc

Post by Galadrin »

Hi Tree, is it an open table? I'd love to stop by if I could.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Galadrin wrote:Hi Tree, is it an open table? I'd love to stop by if I could.
Sure. You wouldn't be the first we've had watch, etc...

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

"We officially wrapped up A-2 last night and are now moving into A-3 next session. A certain Ranger ended the negotiations with Markessa but putting a sword through her head. It then finally occurred to you that the Markessa "double" may be a clone, etc... and was maybe a double for a reason. So you started talking to her, detecting evil and magic, and found out that she is also a Fighter/Mage just like the Markessa, just much lower in level, only being able to cast 1st level spells. You also found out that she was also trained to present herself as the Markessa, so knew much of what the Markessa knows, even names and partial names of 3 of the Slavelords, which she gave you, including the partial name of Brother Mil... something. She also told you of a secret being guarded by another lesser Slavelord in the "Draken Mountain", which is actually not too far from where you are now. She also said he is not as powerful as Markessa was, but is more trusted with at least guarding one major secret of the Slavelords. So likely knows even more.

You also freed over 80 slaves, some of whom wanted to go home, such as a pot bellied grey haired Merchant who promised 300 pp for his safe return to the CSIO, and well as a fair haired young boy from the lands up North. The rest accepted jobs on Sir Gavriels lands, while the Monk of Fharlanghn http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fharlanghn asked to travel with you, care for your horses, tend your camp, etc... .

So you returned to Highport and put the freed slaves, humans, elves, halflings, and even 3 dwarves, on Sir Gavriels ship back to the CSIO and their new lives under Sir Gavriels protection.

You also arranged for Executioner and his 40 Ogres to stay and keep the Fort "cleared out" for you. The Markessa "double", who has taken to calling herself Corrina, and her elven "Body Guard" who calls himself Tell'ser, stayed behind while they decide what to do with their futures. With all the gold you gave them they have a lot of options.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I also brought up my desire to take another break from running C&C, and fantasy in general, after this campaign wraps up. I suggested two possibilities, Eclipse Phase, because it is really cool, and you can get the PDF's free and legally, and I also brought up Synnibar, because I want to prove it is not one of the worst RPG's of all time, but one of the better ones.

I am also open to other suggestions, such as a Supers RPG, like Wild Talents, Mutants and Masterminds, the recently cancelled Marvel Superheroes, and I do have the new M&M DC Heroes core book.

I'd also be very open to running you guys through Aces and Eights.

I have a LOT of other RPG's as well, so please, make suggestions/requests. We'll see what happens.

But we still have many more months to go with this campaign. Tegal Manor, A3 and A4, Tomb of Horrors, and probably Expedition to Barrier Peaks.

ArrowHawk
Hlobane Orc

Post by ArrowHawk »

Sorry I missed another game guys. I got called into work last minute and didn't have access to a computer to post. Not sure if I will make next Monday either. It's a long weekend for us and we are going out of town. See you in two weeks.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

For those of you missing a lot of my games, and you know who you are, what do you want to do? Do things look like they will settle down soon, or is your respective craziness going to continue for the foreseeable future?

So do you want me to keep your "spot" open, or do you feel you should give it up so others can be recruited?

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Do you guys (especially Americans) want to game this Memorial Day, or is it something we just cancel? Also, I have a Veteran here for Service Dog Training, so Rigon, it would be a good idea for you to be prepared to run your game. Just in case the training keeps me away on Monday.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

I'd love to game, but unfortunately I have to work. :(
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Treebore wrote:Do you guys (especially Americans) want to game this Memorial Day, or is it something we just cancel? Also, I have a Veteran here for Service Dog Training, so Rigon, it would be a good idea for you to be prepared to run your game. Just in case the training keeps me away on Monday.

Game on!

Either Rigon or Treebore's game

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Sorry guys, I'm not going to be able to make it this week.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I should be home in time, but we will see.

ArrowHawk
Hlobane Orc

Post by ArrowHawk »

I'm still in for gaming. Are we a go for tonight?

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

He is not home yet and will be another half hour or longer, so says he will not be running the game and is sorry.

ArrowHawk
Hlobane Orc

Post by ArrowHawk »

See you next week.

64bitrobot
Hlobane Orc

Post by 64bitrobot »

Just finished reading about Fharlanghn, he's a pretty cool god, I'm all for having the Monk travel with us.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Then while I got home I was sick from something I ate today, but I think I am now on the rebound. At least the nausea has died waaaaay down.

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Looks like we are right on the cutting edge of modern gaming. Feels good to be avante garde! :lol:

http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/ ... 15?pg=last

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Aramis wrote:Looks like we are right on the cutting edge of modern gaming. Feels good to be avante garde! :lol:

http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/ ... 15?pg=last

Yeah, I am thinking of getting it and seeing if it will fit in with what you guys do and have this group be the first to play it as part of the whole series. IE playing A1 to A5.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

As I have mentioned before, we are wanting to go to Europe this year, for at least one month, but hopefully for two months. So far the best time frame I can give for that is Sept. 01 to possibly as late as December. As we figure out costs, availability, etc... we will get a more solid time frame. I'd really like to be in Germany for Oktoberfest, which is the end of September and beginning of October, so our dates will very likely involve part of that time frame.

So keep that in mind and figure out what you guys want to run while we are in Europe, because I doubt I'll be able to game with you. If it ends up being possible I will. I just think it is better to expect me to be completely unavailable.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:As I have mentioned before, we are wanting to go to Europe this year, for at least one month, but hopefully for two months. So far the best time frame I can give for that is Sept. 01 to possibly as late as December. As we figure out costs, availability, etc... we will get a more solid time frame. I'd really like to be in Germany for Oktoberfest, which is the end of September and beginning of October, so our dates will very likely involve part of that time frame.

So keep that in mind and figure out what you guys want to run while we are in Europe, because I doubt I'll be able to game with you. If it ends up being possible I will. I just think it is better to expect me to be completely unavailable.
Looks Like Kurty has to put together a little some-some-tin. ;)
R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote:
Treebore wrote:As I have mentioned before, we are wanting to go to Europe this year, for at least one month, but hopefully for two months. So far the best time frame I can give for that is Sept. 01 to possibly as late as December. As we figure out costs, availability, etc... we will get a more solid time frame. I'd really like to be in Germany for Oktoberfest, which is the end of September and beginning of October, so our dates will very likely involve part of that time frame.

R-

Heck, I think all of you know how to CK. You, Josh, Kurt, Ross, and Nate certainly do.

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Rigon wrote:

R-
Careful what you wish for! I do it true old school. No skill checks, no role playing, not even saving throws. Just like Wesely's Braunstein intended :lol:

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I have to train a Veteran in Tucson tomorrow, so it is best to plan on Rigon running his game. Then do mine next week, or keep to the Schedule and run Rigon's two weeks in a row. We can discuss that when I make tonights game late, or in this thread before next week.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:I have to train a Veteran in Tucson tomorrow, so it is best to plan on Rigon running his game. Then do mine next week, or keep to the Schedule and run Rigon's two weeks in a row. We can discuss that when I make tonights game late, or in this thread before next week.
I know we discussed it last week, but I will not be able to run my game this week. I am going to a "school's out" picnic for staff at a friend's house this afternoon and will be in no shape to run a game. ;)

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads