Harvesters: Adventurers Return!!

Discuss the SIEGE engine, and SIEGE Engine games other than C&C, such as StarSIEGE, in this forum.
Deogolf
Lore Drake

Harvesters: Adventurers Return!!

Post by Deogolf »

After a long, tiring (but prosperous!!) trip, the mighty adventurers returned from an excursion to an island in the far northern reaches on Lake Lotor. Although it was filled with new and dastardly creatures, the brave heroes returned with new riches and magic items. What was found there? Only time will tell! Coming to Gary Con VI in March, 2014!!

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Harvesters: Adventurers Return!!

Post by tylermo »

Sounds cool. For a minute, I thought you were annoucing new supplemental material for Harvesters.

Deogolf
Lore Drake

Post by Deogolf »

Well, it kinda is. ;o)

Steven and Co. have two adventures and a bunch of new critters/creatures in their hands -
enough to keep one busy for a while. This is the next adventure that is being worked on.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Who is the artist?
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

I can't tell on my small phone screen, but is it Jim Holloway? Then again, I'm not certain. Glad to hear about the adventures and additional creatures. BTW...When I'm selling Troll merch at cons, I almost always try to sell it to anybody who may be interested in Mouseguard and the like.

Deogolf
Lore Drake

Post by Deogolf »

Thanks, T!!

Yes, the artist is Jim Holloway - one of the best!! 8-)

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I was pretty sure it was Jim, and I agree he is among the best. Certain pieces of his work are among my all time favorites, and they tend to be his dwarf work. I just couldn't make out the sig either.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Deogolf
Lore Drake

Post by Deogolf »

His dwarves rock! But, then again, I tend to think of most of his artwork that way! 8-)

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I need to get Jim to draw me a lizard man in a kilt.

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Make sure it's a bearded lizard, serl. ;)
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

Deogolf
Lore Drake

Post by Deogolf »

serleran wrote:I need to get Jim to draw me a lizard man in a kilt.
He is open to commissions! 8-)

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I wish Jim would... never mind, I spend too much money on RPG stuff as it is.

Deogolf
Lore Drake

Post by Deogolf »

Treebore wrote:I wish Jim would... never mind, I spend too much money on RPG stuff as it is.

Ideas?! He likes those too!!

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

I love the rabbit “dragon” prow! I didn’t think you could make a rabbit look fear inspiring !

I can’t wait till my little ones a just a bit older and I can get them this game – by them I mean me first and then the little ones ;)
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Deogolf
Lore Drake

Post by Deogolf »

Lurker wrote:I love the rabbit “dragon” prow! I didn’t think you could make a rabbit look fear inspiring !

I can’t wait till my little ones a just a bit older and I can get them this game – by them I mean me first and then the little ones ;)
:)

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I bought Harvesters because I am also into Mouse Guard, so I'd love to see more art like this.

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

Nice... would love to see these adventures.

Deogolf
Lore Drake

Post by Deogolf »

Frost wrote:Nice... would love to see these adventures.
Me, too! ;)

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

Nice!
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson

Starslayer
Skobbit

Post by Starslayer »

Any news on Harvesters?

Deogolf
Lore Drake

Post by Deogolf »

We talked a bit about it at Gary Con - nothing concrete, but I have all the interior artwork done for the next module. Still waiting to see what is going to be done about the cover and a possible redo of Harvesters (which really needs to be done).

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

This is good to hear. My wife and I welcomed a baby boy into our house last June and he'll be gamer-ready like his 11 year-old brother soon enough. :) Maybe getting the little guy into gaming will finally bring his mom into the fold? Using a game like Harvesters would be more readily-accepted methinks than more standard fare.

I look forward to more coming for this line!
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I'd like to see a redo as well. Its current version doesn't look very impressive, and could benefit from lessons learned.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Tree, in what way do you think it could be improved? The cover and 90-something percent of the artwork was done by Jim Holloway. I believe John Siebel talked about changing animal movement rates, alterations to some spells, etc. Other than adding some extra monsters/creatures, and more adventures in Wheat Hollow, I'm happy with it overall.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

tylermo wrote:Tree, in what way do you think it could be improved? The cover and 90-something percent of the artwork was done by Jim Holloway. I believe John Siebel talked about changing animal movement rates, alterations to some spells, etc. Other than adding some extra monsters/creatures, and more adventures in Wheat Hollow, I'm happy with it overall.
Well, maybe I don't have the right "version", the one I picked up at the last Troll Con I went to was just essentially a magazine, not a hard cover, or even a soft cover perfect bound.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Next module = 2 paws up!

Redo = 2 claws up!

:)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

BLOOD AXE
Ulthal

Post by BLOOD AXE »

Me too!
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

As far as I know, there's only been one version of Harvesters. The latest printings have featured loose maps of Wheat Hollow, as opposed to being bound. Mine is a softcover. Not as much page count as M&T, M&T of A, etc., however.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I talked to Deogolf at some length about Harvesters at GaryCon this year. He has a lot of great ideas, adventures, and source material for Harvesters already (mostly) done. He has tons of new and older artwork, and his vision for this game is pretty extensive. I don't want to put too many words in his mouth, but he did say that a rewrite and new edition of this game is needed. There's a lot of material for Harvesters (Wheat Hollow) that needs to see the light of day, and with Deogolf's enthusiasm, I hope it comes to pass.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Omote wrote:I talked to Deogolf at some length about Harvesters at GaryCon this year. He has a lot of great ideas, adventures, and source material for Harvesters already (mostly) done. He has tons of new and older artwork, and his vision for this game is pretty extensive. I don't want to put too many words in his mouth, but he did say that a rewrite and new edition of this game is needed. There's a lot of material for Harvesters (Wheat Hollow) that needs to see the light of day, and with Deogolf's enthusiasm, I hope it comes to pass.

~O
I'll buy it. Once upon a time I thought I would never be interested in such a game, but thankfully I got shown that its pretty cool to change your perspective to that of a Mouse, etc...