Monday Wilderlands, The Slavelords.

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Rigon
Clang lives!

Re: Monday Wilderlands, The Slavelords.

Post by Rigon »

I've got pretty good idea of where in FR I intend to run the game and I've been looking at adventures to use so I'm going to start up my own thread. Everyone can post characters and questions in it.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Just putting this here for future reference, since it will be easier for me to find.

At 1st Level:
1. (and presumably thereafter) a fighting-man is +1 to hit and +1 to damage rolls,

2. a fighting-man can have any one set of armour (presumably for free),

At 4th Level:
3. He is immune to fear and/or panic (such as that caused by a wand of fear, drums of panic, a terrifying dragon, and so on.),

4. He adds +1 to morale rolls of any troops he is leading in combat,

5. He is not subject to randomised missile or melee hits unless there are no other targets available,

6. He can hit (ordinarily impervious) dragons with normal weapons.
If dragons are not impervious to normal weapons in your game, then he is instead +4 to hit dragons.

At 8th Level:
7. He causes "normal" types to check morale when he charges them.
Normal types includes clerics up to 5th level, M-Us up to 6th level, fighters up to 2nd level, and (presumably) most other man-like types with up to ~3 HD.

8. He is +2 to hit (ordinarily impervious) dragons with normal weapons.
If dragons are not impervious to normal weapons in your game, then he is instead +6 to hit dragons.

At ALL Levels:
9. He has multiple melee attacks per one minute combat round versus ALL opponents.
Regardless of HD. Yessiree.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

What is this in reference to?

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote:What is this in reference to?

R-
Its what the Fighter class got in Chainmail. Men-at-arms, whatever the proper name was in Chainmail.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:

R-
Its what the Fighter class got in Chainmail. Men-at-arms, whatever the proper name was in Chainmail.
I kind of figured that. Just wasn't sure what it had to do with.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote:
Treebore wrote:

R-

R-
My on going quest to put Fighters, and other fighter types, on par with the spell casting classes without having to resort to magic or Anime style supernatural powers.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Plus I like the fact that I went with Combat Dominance the way I did without ever having seen the Chainmail rules.

"At ALL Levels:
9. He has multiple melee attacks per one minute combat round versus ALL opponents.
Regardless of HD."

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:
Rigon wrote:
Treebore wrote:

R-

R-
My on going quest to put Fighters, and other fighter types, on par with the spell casting classes without having to resort to magic or Anime style supernatural powers.
OK, now it makes sense.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

ArrowHawk
Hlobane Orc

Post by ArrowHawk »

I think I will go with a Ranger, or a Druid depending on what everyone else picks.

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Hey guys, hate to miss two games in a row but I just worked a brutal near double shift at work today and I'm exhausted, all I want to do is go to sleep. Next week things will be back to normal for me with my work schedule. Anyone who wants to play my character may do so if it helps.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

An awesome battle was missed by those who had to do work, etc... tonight. No less than FIVE Luck Points were PERMANENTLY burned tonight.

Kayolan, your little gnome brought the bad guy down with a final round of awesome attacks.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Whoooot! The Premium "S" series module has shipped and is estimated to arrive tomorrow!!

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Sometimes you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you. This time, the Tree-bear got us!

Nice to see all those "2"s Treebore has rolled in climactic battles over the years finally rewarded with a string of natural 20s when he had the weapon in hand to make it count.

Unfortunately, my career as a dungeon guard came to an end before it could begin. Seemed like a sweet, no danger gig too...

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

For those of you how did not make the game or signed off early, we talked a little bit about my game. We are planning on starting on April 1st (baring anything). So, go over to the other Monday night game thread and get caught up. If you don't want to play or are unsure of your availability, please let me know.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

It arrived! Now I'll be able to run the other S series modules from a fresh new copy! Wooohooo!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

BTW, when you reach 12th level you WILL be going through Tomb of Horrors. Hopefully you will figure out a way to make it (mostly) survivable rather quickly like my old group did. Most of our deaths occurred in the final encounter. 7 went in, 2 came out. Without luck points.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Training I am doing today will keep me from running the game today. Sorry. I'm also sick, again, but since it wasn't bad enough to keep me from gaming, it wasn't bad enough to keep me from going a hundred miles to Tucson to do training. :(

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:Training I am doing today will keep me from running the game today. Sorry. I'm also sick, again, but since it wasn't bad enough to keep me from gaming, it wasn't bad enough to keep me from going a hundred miles to Tucson to do training. :(
That stinks. However, I will start up both Skype and MapTools around 930 PM Est. For any questions, testing of MapTools, and what nots for any one who wants to hang out.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Nate, are you going to make a character for my game? Just checking to get a head count. 64bit indicated that he will not be playing in my game and I'd like to know if I need to recruit another player or if you guys are comfortable with what we have.

On another topic, Tree, since we missed last night, do you want to finish up A2 next Monday or go a head and start my game? I'm ok with either.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Well, since we aren't permanently putting my game on hiatus with this alternating schedule, we can start with yours next week.

nwelte1
Lore Drake

Post by nwelte1 »

Rigon wrote:Nate, are you going to make a character for my game? Just checking to get a head count. 64bit indicated that he will not be playing in my game and I'd like to know if I need to recruit another player or if you guys are comfortable with what we have.

On another topic, Tree, since we missed last night, do you want to finish up A2 next Monday or go a head and start my game? I'm ok with either.

R-
Yes. Just been busy.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:Well, since we aren't permanently putting my game on hiatus with this alternating schedule, we can start with yours next week.
Cool, I'll star preparing the death.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

nwelte1
Lore Drake

Post by nwelte1 »

Rigon wrote:
Treebore wrote:Well, since we aren't permanently putting my game on hiatus with this alternating schedule, we can start with yours next week.

R-
Cool. Special request, can my character die by being ripped limb to limb by a mod of a cannibalistic children?

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

nwelte1 wrote:
Rigon wrote:

R-
Cool. Special request, can my character die by being ripped limb to limb by a mod of a cannibalistic children?
I'll see what I can do.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Hey, remember that discussion we had a few weeks ago when Daithan tried to pick that slave up while under the fly spell and we couldn't find the chart in the 2e PHB. I found it today. It is on page 76 in the encumbrance section (go figure). I'm gonna look at it and see if I want to maybe add encumbrance rules to my house rules. Anyways, just thought I'd let you know I found it. I knew I remembered it.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I was able to participate in a Q&A with the Roll 20 developers today. Some good news, we will see macros linked to specific tokens, but working on it is a long ways off. They have given priority to some work on the card deck. They are also already testing a new zoom feature, but they could not give me a time estimate on its implementation.

The bad news is the pinging circle is here to stay.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Any word on whether or not you will be running tonight our should i just plan on running my game?

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

nwelte1
Lore Drake

Post by nwelte1 »

I will be out of Monday night games until mid-May. I am spending a lot of my free time working on launching my new firm. (Still aiming to preserve my Sunday game). If I need to bow out let met me know.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon, plan on running your game. I'll sign in and participate as I can.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

nwelte1 wrote:I will be out of Monday night games until mid-May. I am spending a lot of my free time working on launching my new firm. (Still aiming to preserve my Sunday game). If I need to bow out let met me know.
I'll keep your spot open.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads