North Texas RPG con :

Forums for Troll Con, Gen Con and other convention discussions.
BudaZoa
Hlobane Orc

North Texas RPG con :

Post by BudaZoa »

Thursday June 6, 2013 @ 1300 until Sunday June 9, 2013 @ 1800 http://ntrpgcon.com/

"If you want to sign up to run a game, please contact the con event coordinator at [email protected]" from their site above/

Dallas Texas is primed for a Castles and Crusades take over.

There are many and I MEAN MANY, 1ed players here who perk up at the mention of CnC. It just isn't widely known here, and like with everything else in the world, people fear the unknown...

... Until they try and and discover , WOW, this system is fuckin Great ! (pardon my french, from NYC here)

I think Dallas Texas area is an untapped region for the Troll Lords. If you guys got a table or two goin, you prolly would fill them up just people on these forums and people they would bring. If you check out drummed up interest from my thread alone viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12457 , you would see the potential in this area, which is mostly dominated by 3.5 and Pathfinder (which I have already converted two from those systems.)

I am almost certainly attending this event and have seen many replies in the Dallas link above that a few others will be attending, Make it Official Troll Lords, put up a table or two and lets roll some Dice !
I'd rather be hated for who I am

Than loved for who I am not.

Omote
Battle Stag

Re: North Texas RPG con :

Post by Omote »

I agree. NTRPG deserves some Troll Lord action. If this was a convention I could easily get to, I would be running there.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I don't know The crowd there is pretty hard core "Old School". Swords and Wizardry, OSRIC/1E AD&D, etc... were the driving forces there.

To the best of my knowledge, there were only 6 C&C fans there this past June, when I was there.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

6 you say? That is pretty good. It's time to get in there and UP YOUR CRUSADER CRED!

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

BudaZoa
Hlobane Orc

Post by BudaZoa »

Six last Year..

And maybe four to six new this year if I show up with some C&C love from my group...

That's ten this year, Troll Lords gets a table and runs a game with eight to ten at the table gives the Dallas/Fort-worth area a Huge taste of what RPG should be !

Next year Troll Lords has two tables cuz there's more interest and maybe a booth to sell the proda ! ( I would buy more if I saw the actual material up close)

If we never get more than one table filled with HardCore C&C peeps the worst case scenario is many people see us havin a great time playin the best system out there and we have a great time !

Still givin more exposure to the system in this area where there isn't any at all.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

At least two of us who were there last year won't be there this year. I think Liz and Mike plan on being there, but far from sure. Jay should be there.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

blackmote
Mist Elf

Post by blackmote »

BudaZoa wrote:Six last Year..

And maybe four to six new this year if I show up with some C&C love from my group...

+1 more if I can logistically plan for it. :mrgreen:
"Nothing is so terrible that a huge red dragon can't make it just a hell of a lot worse."
-Dragon Magazine, issue #194, pg. 3

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

Liz and I will be there as usual, we haven't missed one yet!

Depending on feedback from NTX I might even be running a playtest of the Victorious module A Night for Jackals too. ;)

Mike
The Save for Half Podcast: Old School RPGs Reviewed
http://www.saveforhalf.com

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com

BudaZoa
Hlobane Orc

Post by BudaZoa »

DMMike wrote:Liz and I will be there as usual, we haven't missed one yet!

Depending on feedback from NTX I might even be running a playtest of the Victorious module A Night for Jackals too. ;)

Mike

You get a C&C table goin on this con I will be there with at least two other players (possibly 4) !

blackmote
Mist Elf

Post by blackmote »

BudaZoa wrote:You get a C&C table goin on this con I will be there with at least two other players (possibly 4) !
(possibly 5)

<.<
>.>
"Nothing is so terrible that a huge red dragon can't make it just a hell of a lot worse."

BudaZoa
Hlobane Orc

Post by BudaZoa »

Any word yet of a C7C table for all of us who wish to roll some dice and show the people in Texas how we roll ?

I would be good for both Saturday and Sunday !

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

I'm still getting my schedule together but if I have time I'd be cool with playing some C&C!

Mike

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I wish I cold make it again this year. Its a few months yet, so maybe I can make it happen.

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

Yeah, it would be cool to see you and your daughter again. Theoretically speaking, that is. ;)

Mike who only kinda sees :D

BudaZoa
Hlobane Orc

Post by BudaZoa »

My people are getting hyped for this !

They are expecting a Troll Lords table with some C&C going !

NTRPGCon
Henchman

Post by NTRPGCon »

Have contact Troll & Toad about coming to the Con since it's inception in 2009.

They committed to a Vendor Table in 2010, then never showed up (still have a Vendor Table credit on file)

They said they were coming in 2011...

We still invite them every year, but have never seen anyone from T&T...

As far as CnC goes, I am sure there are people that would sign up for a game... but alas no one has submitted a game to be placed on the schedule.

Hope to see some of you there, and there is plenty of open gaming for something not on the schedule

blackmote
Mist Elf

Post by blackmote »

eh. :( may as well count me out. I just returned from GnomeCon yesterday to turn right around and go shopping for a new washing machine. *sigh* The 12-year old machine finally gave out completely. So much for budgeting for a NTRPG road trip.

ya'll have fun storming the castle... without me. :cry:

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Pretty certain I won't be going either. None of my kids can go due to college schedules, and I cannot do the 18 hour road trip by myself. So unless air fare is surprisingly cheap...

BudaZoa
Hlobane Orc

Post by BudaZoa »

Any word on who will be attending ?

Any of the Troll Lords attending ?

Any of the veterans from the forums attending/running a game?

Anyone want to run a C&C table at this con ?

Anyone ?