Monday Wilderlands, The Slavelords.

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Treebore
Mogrl

Re: Monday Wilderlands, The Slavelords.

Post by Treebore »

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

115 opponents

Dead in 40 seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It7107ELQvY

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Flaming bear sky attack was awesome.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Anyone up for barbecued hobgoblin?
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

BBQ Hobgoblin

By Treebore, the Ruby Lord

(adapted from a recipe by Sam Beaumont)

This recipe is based on a 50-75 live weight Hobgoblin quarters.

We have the meat cut into what's called a BBQ cut. Each quarter is cut into pieces. By that I mean it remains in the shape of the quarter, and is cut through the bone in about a thumbs (width) leaving only a piece of meat holding the whole quarter together (this will allow serving sizes to be cut using a fork).

All of the meat is marinated in a mixture of whiskey, hot mustard, salt, pepper, and other spices of choice for about 24 hours. (see below).

During the marinating process go dig a hole (or a whole hole) big enough for all 4 quarters to comfortably fit in and about 18" in depth. Also, you want to make a rack of something strong, with long handles that will protrude well above the top of the hole.

Several hours prior to the marinating being completed, build a good fire in the hole and let it burn down to a bed of coals.

Scoop out some of the hot coals and set them aside, put the meat on the rack and lower into the hole, then shovel hot coals on top of the quarters, and the remaining dirt on top of that.

Let it cook for about 7 hours, uncover, pull out the rack, dust off the quarters, cut off badly burned or otherwise ruined meat, open, let rest for about 15 minutes and enjoy.

Marinade:
1 cup of hot mustard
1-1/2 cup oil fat
1-1/2 cup vinegar
1/4 cup horse raddish
1/2 cup Whiskey
Favorite Seasonings.
Rub the quarters with the Seasoning and leave it the marinade for about 24 hrs. Overnight would work but the flavor wouldn't be as strong.
Added flavor?... Throw in some cut up raw onions and cut up hot peppers.

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

sounds good but you forgot the most important ingredient

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I bet bear meat will work perfectly with the recipe too.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Some up coming changes to Roll 20:

"There are several new features currently in the works including dice tokens, multi-sided tokens, faster syncing, better support for tile-based maps, and more. "

I know some of you don't like Roll 20 very much, but also consider with all the problems I am having with Maptools, especially the tons of error messages, right now I absolutely HATE Maptools. So if anyone comes across any solid fixes for the Maptools problems, let me know. Such as the running JAVA 6 at the same time I use 7. I am not going to get rid of JAVA 7 with all the security fixes that gets rid of.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:Some up coming changes to Roll 20:

"There are several new features currently in the works including dice tokens, multi-sided tokens, faster syncing, better support for tile-based maps, and more. "

I know some of you don't like Roll 20 very much, but also consider with all the problems I am having with Maptools, especially the tons of error messages, right now I absolutely HATE Maptools. So if anyone comes across any solid fixes for the Maptools problems, let me know. Such as the running JAVA 6 at the same time I use 7. I am not going to get rid of JAVA 7 with all the security fixes that gets rid of.
I need to figure it out too. Those error messages are definitely annoying. And it's not that I dislike Roll20, I'm just used to MT.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Yeah, when it is working right, there are things I still prefer about Maptools. I much prefer the zoom in Maptools. I much prefer how it links macros to individual mini's. I like how we can walk point by point with the space bar. Plus more.

Since Roll 20 is just a baby, being born less than a year ago, I am just hopeful that Roll 20 will get just as good before long. I mean, Maptools took years to get as good as it is.

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

I think Roll20 is a great idea because it makes connections so easy. But for the life of me, I don't understand why they didn't just look at the Maptools interface and say "let's do that, but in a browser"

The absence of "macros tied into a token" thing is very annoying, but given that I hardly ever roll attack rolls ;) it does not bother me too often. But for a DM running a bunch of monsters whose attacks and saves have different HD and bonuses it would be a drag. Imagine if we weren't doing C&C where you can kind of wing the math on the fly.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I am actually OK with the macros when I am a player. Just create the macros, have them show in that bar, and I am good. Where I really miss it is in encounters where there are a number of different HD monsters or character classes. Even then it isn't so bad. Just input it on their token and every time I highlight it I see their HD, HP and AC. So I can remind myself pretty quickly. Which occurs every time they are hit and I change their current HP total.

So what I really need to do to speed things up a little bit, is fill out the tokens ahead of time, so I don't have to look back in the module to remind myself. Since I have this module in PDF I can even paste all the descriptive text when it is there.

Lets face it, once I know their HD, all I really need to do is roll a D20 and add their HD and any other relevant modifier, if any. So its not like I really need a macro for their rolls.

nwelte1
Lore Drake

Post by nwelte1 »

Treebore wrote: I know some of you don't like Roll 20 very much, but also consider with all the problems I am having with Maptools, especially the tons of error messages, right now I absolutely HATE Maptools. So if anyone comes across any solid fixes for the Maptools problems, let me know. Such as the running JAVA 6 at the same time I use 7. I am not going to get rid of JAVA 7 with all the security fixes that gets rid of.
http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19503

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

nwelte1 wrote:
Treebore wrote: I know some of you don't like Roll 20 very much, but also consider with all the problems I am having with Maptools, especially the tons of error messages, right now I absolutely HATE Maptools. So if anyone comes across any solid fixes for the Maptools problems, let me know. Such as the running JAVA 6 at the same time I use 7. I am not going to get rid of JAVA 7 with all the security fixes that gets rid of.
Wow, that thread started a year and a half ago, and it is still not fixed?

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

nwelte1 wrote:
I'll have to see if I have time to do this before our next Sunday session.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Tree, just a reminder, we had daylight savings this past weekend. We sprung ahead an hour.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Yep, I was aware of that crazy stuff the rest of the US does. So now our games start at 6 PM for me, instead of 7.

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Awwww ~ heck. Forgot to post that I had to work tonight. :oops:

See y'all next time, mebbe (working nights on my 2nd job, Tree).

:)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rhuvein wrote:Awwww ~ heck. Forgot to post that I had to work tonight. :oops:

See y'all next time, mebbe (working nights on my 2nd job, Tree).

:)
Yeah, we were guessing you either had to work or had fallen asleep from working.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

New Roll 20 add ons and fixes, etc...

Rollable Tables and Dice Tokens for Subscribers

If you've got access to the advanced features on Roll20 through your subscription (e.g. Dynamic Lighting), today you're getting access to the new Rollable Tables. We're not bringing this to everyone yet because it's not finished and there's no documentation, but we do want to gather some additional feedback.

Rollable Tables allow you to create a table of items that you can then "roll" to choose from in the chat box. To set it up, you'll find a new "Rollable Tables" header under the "Cards and Tables" tab on the right sidebar (the icon that looks like a list). Add a new table, then add a few items, and you're set. You can optionally upload an icon for each item and we'll show that instead of the text when you roll the table, great for creating custom dice. After you create the table, the syntax to roll it is "/roll 1t[tablename]". Obviously you can change "1t" to "3t" to roll it 3 times, or any other number.

In addition to the Rollable Tables, we're also introducing Dice Tokens. This allows you to drag and drop dice from the chat window (the same ones you can re-order) onto the tabletop. Doing so creates a little token that looks like that dice, which you can then use as a game piece. You can also change the "side" of the token shown, or "roll" the token to get a random result. And if you create a Rollable Table, you'll also find a "Token" button in the sidebar which will let you create a token for that table and do the same things.

We are planning to add on additional functionality which will let you create other types of multi-sided tokens without needing to create a Rollable Table first (so you could have a token of a werewolf that has a "normal" and a "transformed" side, for example). Let us know what you think!

Special thanks to Balladeer of the Mod team for creating the graphics that are used for the dice tokens!

(Everything below this line is being released to all users today, not just subscribers).

Rendering/Sync Improvements

We've made some tremendous improvements to the way that we both render and sync data across users and back to our servers. This should result in some really great performance increases, especially for maps that have several hundreds of objects. You'll start to see faster load times in general as well. There's nothing you have to do to take advantage of these new improvements, they'll just automatically take place as you use Roll20. Do let us know if you see any new glitches in your campaigns today, although we don't expect any.

Polygon FoW Tool

We're going to be releasing some new improvements to the FoW tool and Dynamic Lighting over the next couple of updates, and the new feature in today's update is the ability to use a Polygon tool to reveal FoW areas. There's also a new "Clear" button in the FoW menu, which will reset the map back to completely hidden. I would recommend doing this, and then re-revealing areas with the new polygon tool, if you really abused the square tool by, for example, revealing hundreds of small areas to match a diagonal hallway.

Better Z-Order Handling

We've completely re-worked the way that z-ordering works, so you shouldn't have any further issues with leaving a campaign and coming back later to find that things have re-arranged themselves. In addition using To Front and To Back is now a quick and seamless experience, even if you have a large campaign with hundreds of objects.

Help Videos!

Kristin on the Mod Team has done a fantastic job of creating some great new help videos that cover some basic and advanced Roll20 topics. You can check out the full list on the new "Roll20Help" YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 89cHHcuk2a

Looking for Group Mini-Forums

Now each LFG listing has its own little mini-forum (similar to the ones for Campaigns). We've done away with the "Apply to Join this Campaign" feature, instead opting for this. Anyone can post into this forum, so perspective players can post their application right on there. The campaign's GM can also post additional information, requirements, etc. Once the player has been invited to join the Campaign (via the invite tools), they'll be able to see and post in the Campaign's forum with the other campaign players.

And Even MORE!

In case you missed it yesterday, Roll20 is now fully SSL across the virtual tabletop, forums, and Marketplace. More here: https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/84791 ... post-85614
Items on the Tokens/Objects and the GM Notes layer will now render ABOVE the grid if you have the grid enabled. So the grid will only cover things on the Maps layer.
The Marketplace now features downloads for entire sets all at once for sets that you've purchased and are download-enabled. Just go to the Set's page and use the handy new "Download Set" link.
Group snapping has been improved, now items in a group will always retain their relative positions to each other when snapping, and the entire group will be snapped to the grid by default.
When using the Align to Grid tool, you now have the option of editing the values in the boxes before accepting the changes, great for fixing the numbers if it's off by a pixel or two after you draw your box.
The upload progress bar now actually works when you upload things to Roll20 so you can see how much time is left in the upload.
There's now a "Duplicate Deck" button to allow you to quickly make a copy of an existing deck in your Campaign.
The zoom tool has been slightly re-worked, now when you use the Alt+Scrollwheel zoom or the zoom drop-down, it should try to keep you at least somewhat centered on the same location.
...plus of course the usual smattering of handy bug fixes and minor tweaks.

Thanks for your support of Roll20, and enjoy!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Hey Rigon, when we finish A2 would you be interested in giving me a break for a while and run a game?

You don't have to, I am not feeling burned out or anything. I'm just asking.

If not, I am going to be squeezing Castle Amber in after A2 wraps up.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:Hey Rigon, when we finish A2 would you be interested in giving me a break for a while and run a game?

You don't have to, I am not feeling burned out or anything. I'm just asking.

If not, I am going to be squeezing Castle Amber in after A2 wraps up.
Yeah, I've been wanting to run a game again for a while. I'll have to figure somethings out, but I'll do it. Suggestions on a setting anyone?

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Thinking last night and this morning, I've decided to use either Forgotten Realms or Kingdoms of Kalamar when I take over. What are your guys preferences?

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

After looking at somethings and going with what I know best, I've just decided to use FR. I'll start up a new thread at some point in the next few days when I get everything (locations and what not) figured out for it.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

nwelte1
Lore Drake

Post by nwelte1 »

Sounds awesome. I will run a druid.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

nwelte1 wrote:Sounds awesome. I will run a druid.
Good choice. I'll treat your druid like you treat mine. ;)

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

nwelte1
Lore Drake

Post by nwelte1 »

Rigon wrote:

R-
I respect your druid. The creatures in my campaign have no grudge against you. It just you look tasty and stand in the wrong spot.

N

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

nwelte1 wrote:
Rigon wrote:

R-
I respect your druid. The creatures in my campaign have no grudge against you. It just you look tasty and stand in the wrong spot.

N
Haha.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

FR is fine with me. As I am sure I have said before, it was my primary setting for my whole 10 years of running 2E games.

I am thinking I will go with a pure Fighter. I'll have to see what the multi classing option(s) are before I am sure.