So, I want to plan a campaign

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
thoth93

So, I want to plan a campaign

Post by thoth93 »

And I'm stuck.

Unfortunately, I don't have the Codex of Erde, being content (well, not really) to wait for the new C&C goodness. So I'm really, really unfamiliar with Erde, which is a handicap at the moment. I'm seriously considering ordering the Codex anyway because I'm frustrated. We'll see.

I do have other campaign worlds -- including the new DCC Known World and Wilderlands, but I want to set the games where they're "supposed" to go.

I suppose I might start off with Beacon at Enon Tor. But from there, I'm not quite sure how to get the players wending toward Malforten. I'm not even sure where to put Enon tor because, again, I don't know Erde at all.

I'd like there to be a small thorp somewhere along the way, where I could throw in a fun, old little Forgotten Realms adventure. I thought about making this the intro scenario, but I have the advantage of already having run Enon Tor for a different group as a one-shot. I know it would be super-easy for a first outing, although this time I think I'd like to try to work up a bit more of an intro.

From there, it'll go to Blacktooth Ridge, natch. I'll plan the rest when they start to get past that.

Any advice, noble lords and ladies?

Brian

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Well, the country of Outremere does share part of a coastline (along the southern borders of the country). Enon Tor can be really *ANYWHERE* there if you want. Malforten would could simply be days (if not weeks) to the north of that (I'm not sure of the scale in terms of distance). Throwing something in 'the middle' of all that wouldn't pose too many issues either.

However, here's at least a map of the country of Outremere (in color) if you haven't seen it yet:
http://www.cncplayer.net/download/OutremereFinalTIF.pdf

I believe that Malforten lies somewhere below the Northen Marches. There was a thread on the boards here discussing that very point. Be sure to grab the Rising Knight which is a free PDF which takes place (optionally) before Blacktooth Ridge -- there may be a few tidbits of info of some use to you in detailing the area.

BTW -- If you are considering the Codex, the Trolls still have it listed at $10.00 on their site... You *REALLY* can't go wrong at that price and with the gazetteer coming out very soon, it will actually complement as opposed to replace the Codex. That is... until a more complete Box Set comes out!

I hope that's a start... If I have a chance to dig up more info for you, I will!

Moriarty the Red

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

Maliki
Lore Drake

Post by Maliki »

Looking at the map that comes with the Rising Knight download, you could place the Beacon nears Elmast, on Elmarsh Lake. From there the party could hear of Malfortens troubles, or if they cure the wizard from Beacon, he could hire them to search for Kuthrad Ondal, or searching through the wizards stuff they could find hints about Kuthrad Ondal,which would also get them to Malforten.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Do you know about the downloads that give you some background about stuff?

Also, if the old d20 modules are on sale somewhere cheap, whether at the Trolls website or in your LGS, buy them. They have a fair amount of "flavor". Winter Runes is the best, as far as I am concerned.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

As mentioned on DF, I have a preference for the island of Trier south of Outremere.

It occurs to me, thoth93, that you may not have seen the Erde map, since you don't have the Codex. Here's a free download:
http://www.trolllord.com/files/erdemap.pdf

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth