GaryCon V - March 14-17, 2013

Forums for Troll Con, Gen Con and other convention discussions.
CKDad
Master of the Kobold Raiders

GaryCon V - March 14-17, 2013

Post by CKDad »

Luke Gygax has confirmed the dates! The con will once again be at The Lodge at Geneva Ridge in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. Mention that you're with "Gary Con" for the special $89/night rate, and there's a special $49 rate for Sunday night for those who can or want to stay later.

Details on the website soon, apparently.
"I don't wanna be remembered as the guy who died because he underestimated the threat posed by a monkey."

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Re: GaryCon V - March 14-17, 2013

Post by Go0gleplex »

It's looking pretty grim right now for a return trip, though I've not given up hope just yet. Wife and I both want to attend again next year, so maybe we can work something out finance-wise. Took some hard hits these last couple months.

If you've not attended before. It's well worth the time and money. Best con I've been to in 30 years. Also, we have a C&C Society get together evening to hang out, talk, and put faces to names. :)
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

I would love to go for a second time next year. It was a very unexpected surprise that I was asked to go this year. If duty calls again, I'd be glad to do it.

CKDad

Post by CKDad »

The hotel is still taking reservations, and con registration opens on Sunday, September 16th.
"I don't wanna be remembered as the guy who died because he underestimated the threat posed by a monkey."

Sir Osis of Liver
Unkbartig

Post by Sir Osis of Liver »

Been gone a while...sorry. :( Damn you, real life.

I'm on board for two sessions of the Society tournament, and will be running a pick-up, off-the-grid Saturday night at 10 wherever we can find room to play, in my homebrew campaign setting. Some of my regular players will be there with established characters, but it's open to anybody who wants to play.

CKDad

Post by CKDad »

Looks like the six tournament sessions are filling up nicely. The 4 PM Saturday game is full, and the 6 PM Thursday game has only one space left. Friday noon and Saturday 10 AM have three players each, while the Thursday 2 PM and Friday 6 PM (same time as Steve's game) are wide open.

FYI, the Lodge is sold out and I believe the nearby French Country Inn as well; folks are spilling over to the Comfort Inn a few miles away.

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

I'm still in awe of Gen Con, but I swear I'm going to hit this con before it's all said and done, darn it! I'm going to my third Gen Con this year, and am pretty excited about that, but I want to do Gary Con and Troll Con some day soon.
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

CKDad

Post by CKDad »

Last year (and possibly other years before that?) a number of Society members gathered on Saturday evening to share a meal, tip a few brews and socialize. I know Gerry, John & I will be getting together anyway to assess the winners of the tournament. Hope to see some of you there in two weeks!

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

You'll be glad to know that Stephen has assured me twice in the last month or so that he'll be there this year. Just had to be certain that he didn't need a last minute fill in. That said, if disaster strikes at Troll HQ, you know who to call. ;-)

Hal G
Red Cap

Post by Hal G »

There will be an auction at GaryCon for Ernie this year, I donated a piece of original art from the original Bluffside, so please if you have the money please jump on this item, I do not have very many pieces from it so it is truly a rare item.

If a C&C person steps up I will also send them a coupon for the new Interludes in pdf when it is up at RPGNow and a pdf of the original Bluffside for your records to see your art in the book, the art was created by Storn Cook and is of two NPC's in a real rich sepia tone.