Amazing Adventures: Moment of Truth

Discussion of the pulp roleplaying system, including hard-boiled detectives, fedora-wearing action heroes, and steampunk gadgeteers rocketing to battle.
Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Amazing Adventures: Moment of Truth

Post by Jason Vey »

And we have a THIRD five-star review of Day of the Worm at DriveThruRPG!

The Thule Society, a dark Nazi cult dedicated to furthering the esoteric knowledge that fuels the ever growing Third Reich, may have acquired the ancient Heart of Yhtill and all the power it promises. Worse still, they appear to have partnered with malevolent aliens known as the People of the Worm, who seek to ensure that World War II devastates the entire planet, leaving humankind ripe for conquest and consumption have come seeking the Heart as well.

The PCs, working with the Allied forces, and alongside fanatical Ormazd Society allies, find themselves in a race against time to stop the People of the Worm from unleashing a doomsday device from within a hidden tomb in Egypt's Valley of the Kings. If only the Nazis and the People of the Worm were their only worries: there is another, equally mysterious force who want the Heart of Yhtill for their own alien agenda...

"It has Nazis, chase scenes, the supernatural, traps, a teriffic cover, and a plot so thick you can cut it with your Crocodile Dundee knife. What's not to like?

Troll Lord Games and Jason Vey have given a very good example of what can be done with their Siege Engine rules and the Amazing Adventures game in particular."

--Chet Cox, DTRPG Reviewer

"My imagination is really grabbed by this system. I think there is a lot of potential here and a lot I want to do with this game"

--Timothy Brannan, featured DTRPG Reviewer

I'm incredibly proud of Amazing Adventures. It may be my favorite freelance project ever. I'm absolutely thrilled to see it getting rave reviews by those who have picked it up and given it a look and play.

Unfortunately, we're not going anywhere without some word of mouth and buzz, and there is the rub--nobody is talking about the game, despite pretty much universal rave reviews from those who have picked it up. Help us out! If you haven't picked up Amazing Adventures and Day of the Worm yet, by all means grab your copy today! If you've already bought it and you like it...TALK ABOUT IT! Get the word out there!!! Post on blogs, on message boards, on facebook and twitter. I'm not sure what the process is to submit something for a nomination for an Ennie or Origins Award, but even a nomination submission would be aces for drawing attention to the project.

Guys, to be blunt, I am negotiating with Troll Lord as we speak for extensive support for the game, but until we see really strong, solid sales, we're likely looking at mostly internet/PDF e-book support and comparatively little in the way of print. At the moment we're looking at short, but regular, online support articles. To take the next step, I need your help! If we can build a player base and get sales for this puppy going, you'll be amazed (no pun intended) at the ideas I've got for this puppy. Pulp is a limitless genre, and there's no end to the directions we can go...but first, we need to kick open the door, and that's where you come in.

If you haven't picked up a copy, take the risk--I'll give good odds you'll love the game. If you already have it and are digging it, I beg of you--hit the streets, both literal and virtual. Request your FLGS to carry it. Tell people about it. The RPG industry is cramped right now, and it's only by loyal fan-base word of mouth that we can get people out there to discover new games. If anyone here posts on EnWorld or RPGNet, GET SOME THREADS GOING at those places. I need word of mouth, desperately.

dachda
Lore Drake

Re: Amazing Adventures: Moment of Truth

Post by dachda »

Unfortunately, the only forums I tend to frequent are these, but I'll talk up the game as much as I can. You've got guaranteed sales of more AA material with me. Love the game.

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

Ordered my copy with my X-Mas money C&C order (along with new color PHB, Town of Kalas)....
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

I'd post over at RPG.net but I don't own it and really have no idea what to say. If someone could "coach" me and even better provide some kind of good link that has some good info, I'd be glad to help.
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

When TLG was at Archon in October, we did manage to sell one copy out of the five I had. It was hot off of the press at that point. I will endeavor to sell more at Vision Con in February.

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

Yeah, I think that's partially because people come to the TLG booths looking for C&C and tend to overlook non-C&C games. That's why we need discussion, buzz, and word of mouth to get the word out there that AA exists. I think it could catch on with enough discussion!

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

Hey, also, if you all start or see any discussions crop up--everything from blogs to message forums to podcasts--let me know. I'd like to keep abreast of what's out there.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Sometimes we'll see C&C customers at the booth, as well as some newbies. As for the other non/sort of C&C games, it's not uncommon to sell the odd Tainted Lands, Starsiege, or Harvesters. Plus, there's always that one gamer who goes for the pulp games. Either way, I always show off the entire range of TLG games if a customer allows. lol

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

The Grey Elf wrote:If you haven't picked up a copy, take the risk--I'll give good odds you'll love the game. If you already have it and are digging it, I beg of you--hit the streets, both literal and virtual. Request your FLGS to carry it. Tell people about it. The RPG industry is cramped right now, and it's only by loyal fan-base word of mouth that we can get people out there to discover new games. If anyone here posts on EnWorld or RPGNet, GET SOME THREADS GOING at those places. I need word of mouth, desperately.
Since no one took me up on my offer (Which is weird, considering the appeal for exposure.) I've just made-up a post at RPG.net about Amazing Adventures. I could only use what little information I can get off of this forum. This will be my only attempt at spreading the word as it doesn't appear as though my contribution is a valid one.

The post can be viewed here.

If you have an account there, keep pimping it so it can stay at the top. I can't keep bumping it because that will just look bad.

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

And I responded. Thanks! Sorry; I didn't see your original request.

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

The Grey Elf wrote:And I responded. Thanks! Sorry; I didn't see your original request.
No problem, I think I did a pretty good job without having to see the book. :)

If we could get 2 or 3 posts between my posts (Zap Branigan) I can keep bumping it up to the top. It's just that RPG.net grinds through threads so fast that you can get to page two pretty quickly, and page two is pretty much a dead thread. Hopefully there will be enough posts to get some traction.

I think one of the errors I made was in the thread title, I should've included "Troll Lord Games" in it.

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

Paging Dr. Vey.

There are questions on the thread.

I'm serious when I say I don't want to bump the thread unless I absolutely have to. Experienced forum goers can sniff that out and on principle not post in the thread. Stupid I know, but RPG.net can be stupid in many ways.

finarvyn
Global Moderator

Post by finarvyn »

Sir Ironside wrote:I'd post over at RPG.net but I don't own it and really have no idea what to say. If someone could "coach" me and even better provide some kind of good link that has some good info, I'd be glad to help.
The big thing for me is that AA is "C&C in a pulp era".

Some non-C&C games like StarSIEGE require a person to figure out a similar but slightly different mechanic. For Amazing Adventures I feel like a C&C player could roll a character and play with almost zero prep.
Marv / Finarvyn
Lord Marshall, Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
Just discovered Amazing Adventures and loving it!
MA1E WardenMaster - Killing Characters since 1976, MA4E Playtester in 2006.
C&C Playtester in 2003, OD&D player since 1975

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

finarvyn wrote:
Sir Ironside wrote:I'd post over at RPG.net but I don't own it and really have no idea what to say. If someone could "coach" me and even better provide some kind of good link that has some good info, I'd be glad to help.

Some non-C&C games like StarSIEGE require a person to figure out a similar but slightly different mechanic. For Amazing Adventures I feel like a C&C player could roll a character and play with almost zero prep.
Yeah it was posted and answered over there. Though I could've used that tidbit when I originally posted it. ;)

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

finarvyn wrote:

Yeah, that's actually a large part of the discussion focus over at RPGnet. The thread is still going, and it's a good discussion! Sold a couple of copies, if people are truthful about what they're posting.

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

Yeah, I wait till it falls off the first page then stealthily bump it back up. :twisted:

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

Woot, looks like there are two more threads up for it. One is an AA vs. Savage Worlds poll...if anyone would be willing to get over there and cast a vote for AA, then talk up the game, that'd be aces!

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?672 ... age-Worlds

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

Ironside, thanks for the backup over there on the poll thread! I've no idea why that dude feels the need to lie just to blast AA, but I appreciate you allowing me to maintain my professionalism.

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

The Grey Elf wrote:Ironside, thanks for the backup over there on the poll thread! I've no idea why that dude feels the need to lie just to blast AA, but I appreciate you allowing me to maintain my professionalism.
Yeah I figured you didn't want to get into that kind of conversation considering it is your project. And, to be honest he was starting to annoy me and even if I didn't know it was you I was going to probably say something anyway. :lol:

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

I will be talking it up to everyone I see at Gary Con for sure - next year I will put an AA game on the schedule for sure too.
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

Sweet! I'm planning (hoping) to be demoing it at the TLG booth at Gen Con.