Happy Halloween!!!!!

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
nightstorm
Red Cap

Happy Halloween!!!!!

Post by nightstorm »

Image[/url]

Omote
Battle Stag

Re: Happy Halloween!!!!!

Post by Omote »

Iz so scared!

~Boo.
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Since we are all too old to go Trick or Treating we are having a little party where we will watch a couple of horror movies. Only 7 or 8 of us, but should be enjoyable.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

May your games scare the players!
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

My favorite holiday!
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

Been awhile since I posted in this forum... Happy Halloween!!!! :lol:

L.S.

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

I haven't forgotten mods, when I hit the 3k target, I get my own tag :P

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Bah! HUMBUG! ><
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

Happy Halloween, all! I just got back with my three little ghouls (4, 7, and 10) and it was a good night overall. Our neighborhood is slowly dwindling down in candy-givers but they still did decent overall. And, to me, this is the gateway of the holiday season (not to mention my favorite holidays)!
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Just got back from taking the kids out. Got complements on all of their costumes (even got a couple on mine). Now gonna settle in with a bowl of chili and watch a creepy movie followed by either Ghost to Ghost AM or some old Vincent Price readings of Edgar Allen Poe works.

I'll also leave you guys with some verse:

Little Lizzie came right home
Saw her mommy on the phone
Took an axe and chopped her head
Now mean ol' mommy's dead

Little Lizzie took here mommy
And chopped her up like a salami
That night she ate so great
Cleaning mommy off her plate

Little Lizzie went to bed
Snuggled next to mommy's head
Thinking of the fun she had
Tomorrow She will play with Dad
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Julian Grimm wrote:

or some old Vincent Price readings of Edgar Allen Poe works.

Man, that brings back some good memories ... I'll have to dig through my mp3s and see if I have any saved anywhere.

I know politics is off topic here, so let me ensure you I am not trying to introduce it here! That said, today I was listening to GB and he read Poe's "Tell Tale Heart" I'd forgotten how good it is to hear Poe read aloud like that ...

Well time to tuck my little one in I think their sugar buzz is wearing off and they are crashing

Have a good one all
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

May the gob(lins) be everlasting, but not stopped.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Lurker wrote:
Julian Grimm wrote:

or some old Vincent Price readings of Edgar Allen Poe works.

Man, that brings back some good memories ... I'll have to dig through my mp3s and see if I have any saved anywhere.

I know politics is off topic here, so let me ensure you I am not trying to introduce it here! That said, today I was listening to GB and he read Poe's "Tell Tale Heart" I'd forgotten how good it is to hear Poe read aloud like that ...

Well time to tuck my little one in I think their sugar buzz is wearing off and they are crashing

Have a good one all

Back in the day the local radio station would have a night long Halloween party that ended with a couple hours of Price's readings of Poe material. Later, another station would do radio plays or play old Halloween radio plays. I got to hear the War of the Worlds broadcast, Dracula and Frankenstein that way. It has become a tradition with me to listen to something like this every Halloween night after everyone else settles down.

Last night I found a treat. While searching Youtube I found several readings and plays based on Lovecraft's material. It was a great night here as I listened to 'The Colour out of Space', 'Rats in the Walls' and 'Shadow over Innsmouth'.
Lord Skystorm

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Julian Grimm wrote:

Back in the day the local radio station would have a night long Halloween party that ended with a couple hours of Price's readings of Poe material. Later, another station would do radio plays or play old Halloween radio plays. I got to hear the War of the Worlds broadcast, Dracula and Frankenstein that way. It has become a tradition with me to listen to something like this every Halloween night after everyone else settles down.

Last night I found a treat. While searching Youtube I found several readings and plays based on Lovecraft's material. It was a great night here as I listened to 'The Colour out of Space', 'Rats in the Walls' and 'Shadow over Innsmouth'.

Man, if you were in SW MO back then (and with me in NE OK) we may have been listening to the same radio station ;)

and yeah I loved them. It's funny, a few years ago,my brother bought some CDs with all the "shadow" "War of the Worlds", and a few others radio brodcasts. I came home on leave, and we spent a week lestening to them every time we all got into a car and went some where. It about drove my mom crazy ... :D Good times ... :lol:
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

mgtremaine
Ulthal

Post by mgtremaine »

'Rats in the Walls' !!!

One night long ago I was driving home very late and it was damn foggy here in SoCal and Rats in the Walls was being played on NPR..... It could not have sounded more scary. Between the fog, the deserted roads, and being totally exhausted the setting was just right for the scratching the scratching!!!

-Mike

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Lurker wrote:
Julian Grimm wrote:

Man, if you were in SW MO back then (and with me in NE OK) we may have been listening to the same radio station ;)

and yeah I loved them. It's funny, a few years ago,my brother bought some CDs with all the "shadow" "War of the Worlds", and a few others radio brodcasts. I came home on leave, and we spent a week lestening to them every time we all got into a car and went some where. It about drove my mom crazy ... :D Good times ... :lol:
We may have. I really love those old shows, they leave much more to the imagination.
Lord Skystorm

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Here's a link to a reading of At the Mountains of Madness.

LINK
Lord Skystorm