Bluffside: City on the Edge is being converted to C&C

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
dunbruha
Ulthal

Bluffside: City on the Edge is being converted to C&C

Post by dunbruha »

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Re: Bluffside: City on the Edge is being converted to C&C

Post by Lord Dynel »

That's actually pretty sweet!

Here's an open message to the Mystic Eye crew, should they be listening. Bring more! I hope you consider converting more if Bluffside does well. I'd like to see the C&C treatment given to a number of books in the MEG library:

Interludes series
Blight Magic
Foul Locales series
Tournaments, Fairs, and Taverns
Guilds and Adventurers
Artificer's Handbook

I'll settle with Bluffside for now, though! :)
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Let's hope this is a sign of more third party material moving our direction.
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Hal G
Red Cap

Post by Hal G »

Hey guys, we are listening, and if the sales do well and the Trolls want more we can discuss that of course. here is a question, we are adding more POI's places of interest, what would you like to see added to the city, no guarantees but I love to hear what people are interested in.

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

Hal G wrote:Hey guys, we are listening, and if the sales do well and the Trolls want more we can discuss that of course. here is a question, we are adding more POI's places of interest, what would you like to see added to the city, no guarantees but I love to hear what people are interested in.
Awesome! Thanks, Hal, for coming in and saying a few words. It's always good to hear from the guys at the top! :)

Hal, if you can get a near 100% port from the d20 book over to C&C, I don't think there's going to be an issue with more content. I personally love advanture hooks, so the more the better. From what I read from the press release, with the new tables and POIs, I think it's going to be pretty spectacular.
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

This sounds very interesting. Definitely be on my radar when it comes around.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Hal G
Red Cap

Post by Hal G »

Lord Dynel wrote:
Hal G wrote:Hey guys, we are listening, and if the sales do well and the Trolls want more we can discuss that of course. here is a question, we are adding more POI's places of interest, what would you like to see added to the city, no guarantees but I love to hear what people are interested in.
Awesome! Thanks, Hal, for coming in and saying a few words. It's always good to hear from the guys at the top! :)

Hal, if you can get a near 100% port from the d20 book over to C&C, I don't think there's going to be an issue with more content. I personally love advanture hooks, so the more the better. From what I read from the press release, with the new tables and POIs, I think it's going to be pretty spectacular.

Wow--thanks.
It is big and everything that can be ported will and some of the original authors emailed me and said whhhaaaaa? We were not invited to play, so we are adding some more authors. So it will be bigger, also the great thing is we are not just a 3PP for this this is going to be the Trolls piece, they will run through it as they edit and it is an actual piece for C&C. That for us is one of the most exciting features. So while you may say, no more we say BAHHHH!! Since C&C is sleeker by design we will be losing pages due to less info needed, and we DO NOT lose pages. :lol:

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

You're quite welcome, sir. It's good to hear that the Trolls will get a look at it, and having their blessing as it goes to print is a good thing. Like having their "stamp of approval," which will be good for the products merits...not that it needs any. Otherwise, I can't wait to see it!

Thoom
Hlobane Orc

Post by Thoom »

I haven't seen the original, so perhaps these are already in there, but re: POI: thieves' guild, various levels of taverns/inns of course, back-alley type exotic merchant (contraband, poison, hard to get and not very legal stuff), spell components merchant or something close, scholar/savant, ...

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Is this going to be converted to Aihrde? That would be pretty cool.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Hal G
Red Cap

Post by Hal G »

Thoom wrote:I haven't seen the original, so perhaps these are already in there, but re: POI: thieves' guild, various levels of taverns/inns of course, back-alley type exotic merchant (contraband, poison, hard to get and not very legal stuff), spell components merchant or something close, scholar/savant, ...

Yes we got those and more!

Hal G
Red Cap

Post by Hal G »

Omote wrote:Is this going to be converted to Aihrde? That would be pretty cool.

~O
Bluffside was always meant to be a plug n play type city, it is broken up in sections so if it feels too big you can use parts for smaller cities. As far as a "real home" on the map, well they better! :o

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

Well naturally there should be a comics & games shop down in the merchants' area.
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Omote wrote:Is this going to be converted to Aihrde? That would be pretty cool.

~O
Years ago, when Bluffside came out I wrote some conversion notes to place the city. It fit quite nicely actually, but for the asteroid portion of the back story. I'm going to pull these out, brush them off and they will be in the Bluffside book.

Steve

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Oh yeah! A little sprinkle of Troll here and there is really going to make this project even cooler.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Hal G
Red Cap

Post by Hal G »

Omote wrote:Oh yeah! A little sprinkle of Troll here and there is really going to make this project even cooler.

~O

I can not disagree with this, and again I want to emphasize that we are turning in the updated and converted Bluffside to Troll Lords so they will do what they feel is needed after we turn it in during editing to make sure it is the same quality as all of the other C&C books.

Hal G
Red Cap

Post by Hal G »

Just as an FYI, this project went a from a 3 man team doing this for the love of Bluffside to a 7 person team 4 previous developers and 3 who worked on it after the fact, so we are going to give it a once over and see what we can do to make your play experience as enjoyable as possible.