Dark Journey

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
DangerDwarf
Maukling

Dark Journey

Post by DangerDwarf »

Been looking over Dark Journey today. I dig it.

That Kim dude is kinda cool.

Thoom
Hlobane Orc

Re: Dark Journey

Post by Thoom »

I concur! My group has been playing this for quite some time now, and it's great. A lot of fun both for them and for the CK :)

AGNKim
Lord High Inquisitor

Post by AGNKim »

DangerDwarf wrote:Been looking over Dark Journey today. I dig it.

That Kim dude is kinda cool.

Ronin77
Red Cap

Post by Ronin77 »

Is there any chance of a follow up, a DA2 maybe? Or is there one I don't know about?
Joey Mullins AkA GamingRonin
My Gaming Blog http://gamingronin.blogspot.com/

Gritty6 (epic6)

AGNKim
Lord High Inquisitor

Post by AGNKim »

Ronin77 wrote:Is there any chance of a follow up, a DA2 maybe? Or is there one I don't know about?
I was working on it, but got sidetracked. I'm doing a book detailing the planes of existence right now and it is a freaking albatross around my neck. I have a new adventure in the newest Crusader magazine (or so Steve tells me) and I had an adventure released for Free RPG Day. But as far as DA2, not yet. But I want to.

Kim

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

oooh... planes....

Yeah DA1 is sweet! I'd love to get my hands on teh Free RPG day adventure.. can a pdf be put up on the web some where?
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

gwb83
Ungern

Post by gwb83 »

I'm also preparing to run DA1 and I was very pleased to find such a flexible retro dungeon crawl for C&C. Even though I'm running it in Aihrde, I appreciate that it is easily portable and that there are several hooks with which the CK can run wild. I'm having lots of fun thinking of ways to exploit a certain mysterious artifact.

Thanks AGNKim!
Gary Brown
Whimstorm ...some gaming archives

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

So... the water weird write-up explicitly says that it can only be killed by a "purify food and water" spell.

Unfortunately, the "purify food and water" spell description explicitly says that it doesn't affect creatures.

Might sound kind of minor, but it almost resulted in a PC death. The only reason it didn't is because I noticed the cleric player looking kind of confused while he was looking at the spell descriptions. This guy knows his shit, so I was surprised he wasn't using that spell. Well, after some subtle questioning, I discovered why he wasn't casting that it (he didn't think it was possible for it to work).

Also, minor error, but there is a javelin of piercing in the dungeon. There isn't one in the C&C M&T. Not a big deal as I have the AD&D DMG, but just something to point out. Actually, I think the same goes for the cloak of protection.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Yeah, C&C kept the 3E ism of having rings and cloaks be for either Resistance, to save versus spells, or to help with AC, not both.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

AGNKim
Lord High Inquisitor

Post by AGNKim »

Frost wrote:So... the water weird write-up explicitly says that it can only be killed by a "purify food and water" spell.

Unfortunately, the "purify food and water" spell description explicitly says that it doesn't affect creatures.

Might sound kind of minor, but it almost resulted in a PC death. The only reason it didn't is because I noticed the cleric player looking kind of confused while he was looking at the spell descriptions. This guy knows his shit, so I was surprised he wasn't using that spell. Well, after some subtle questioning, I discovered why he wasn't casting that it (he didn't think it was possible for it to work).

Also, minor error, but there is a javelin of piercing in the dungeon. There isn't one in the C&C M&T. Not a big deal as I have the AD&D DMG, but just something to point out. Actually, I think the same goes for the cloak of protection.
This is probably not well known, but Dark Journey was originally written as an AD&D adventure (well, it was actually culled from a few AD&D adventures I had and spun together as one mega-module). As such, there are a few old AD&D conventions that survived the translation when I re-wrote it for C&C. You found two of them. ;)