TLG 8125 Classic Monsters (Available)

This forum is to discuss TLGs crowdfunding projects.
(NOTE: Until sorted, it will have legacy, non-crowdfunding threads in)
Andred of Albans
Hlobane Orc

Re: Classic Monsters The Manual

Post by Andred of Albans »

Sir Osis of Liver wrote:
Thoom wrote:
Andred of Albans wrote:Got my package today! Many thanks!
Arg! Yours went out 2 days after mine and I still haven't received anything...
Yeah, I haven't seen anything either. :(
If it makes you feel better, Steve had to send my coins and PH under separate cover and those won't arrive until Friday :P

Seriously, though - it's worth the wait. The books are real nice and Steve and co. are excellent at communication and customer service. Minor quirks in the printing but certainly nothing we didn't see in the heyday of TSR (but much less splat!)

I hit DriveThruRPG and picked up several adventures for under $1.50 a pop, Engineering Castles, Engineering Dungeons and several other PDFs as well. I can't wait to recruit some players and run the thing. I am torn between my homebrew campaign (30 years old now) and a reimagined Greyhawk.

Trollzah!!!!!!!!!!!!
Visit my

Sir Osis of Liver
Unkbartig

Post by Sir Osis of Liver »

Andred of Albans wrote:
Sir Osis of Liver wrote: Yeah, I haven't seen anything either. :(
If it makes you feel better, Steve had to send my coins and PH under separate cover and those won't arrive until Friday :P

Seriously, though - it's worth the wait. The books are real nice and Steve and co. are excellent at communication and customer service. Minor quirks in the printing but certainly nothing we didn't see in the heyday of TSR (but much less splat!)

I hit DriveThruRPG and picked up several adventures for under $1.50 a pop, Engineering Castles, Engineering Dungeons and several other PDFs as well. I can't wait to recruit some players and run the thing. I am torn between my homebrew campaign (30 years old now) and a reimagined Greyhawk.

Trollzah!!!!!!!!!!!!
(edited because I was p*ssed that I couldn't get the quotes to format correctly...dufus) Yeah, I've tried keeping my cool over it, just because I was busy at work and wasn't going to get to it for a while anyway. But now that things are a bit more quiet, and seeing everybody raving about theirs, just has been a bummer. At least I've got the PDF, but still...just not the same.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

If you're unhappy with the pdf, you could send it to me. :lol: I think I've got physical copies of that and some other restocks arriving maybe within a week, but I'm anxious to see it.

Thoom
Hlobane Orc

Post by Thoom »

I still haven't received anything. :x

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

I have seen the PDF at last! Looks fantastic. Mind you, I was not on any pre-order or kick starter(rpgnow in my case). It had just been put off for awhile. I'm expecting the physical book in the weeks to come. It'll be nice to compare M&T, M&T of A, and CM back to back. Maybe a demons and devils book down the road, and we're set. Any missing named OGL creatures can be easily converted.

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Thoom wrote:I still haven't received anything. :x
I haven't either but remain hopeful.

M

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Thoom wrote:I still haven't received anything. :x
I have tracked your package. It left here on the 8th as noted. It shipped in a priority box. It arrived in Miami FL on the 13th and shipped out to Canada on the 16th. It cleared Canadian customs today, on the 17th at 11.41 in the morning. So with any luck in the next day or so.

Thanks,
Steve

Thoom
Hlobane Orc

Post by Thoom »

Ok thanks Steve, much appreciated. At least it's getting closer! I can almost smell it now :)

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Thoom wrote:Ok thanks Steve, much appreciated. At least it's getting closer! I can almost smell it now :)
No problem. Wish I could make it move faster! haha I always thought these packages were getting held up in Canadian customs, but its Miami for your package. WTF? I could have driven it to the border in that time. This might have something to do with the post office closings, not sure.

But I sent you the customs number anyway, so you can watch it. Hopefully its very soon.

:?

Steve

Andred of Albans
Hlobane Orc

PH, Coins and Pouch arrived today.

Thanks Steve! I intend to spend this weekend curled up with the new books. Trollzah!!!!!

I haven't gotten deep into them, but they are physically beautiful. I did print out several PDF adventures as well as the Engineering Dungeons and Engineering Castles booklets I bought on DrivethruRPG for 60% off. C&C is rapidly taking over a shelf of its own in my RPG bookcase :D

Much Nerd-Joy in Albany :D
Visit my

dmtyndareus
Henchman

Post by dmtyndareus »

Received my books, shirt, and coins yesterday in Toronto!

Everything looks great. I pity the next Harpy that comes against me! (Thanks Steve!)

And I'll be sure to bring my Classic Monsters to the next con, Kim! Thanks!

Unsure about the pouch though. Coins came in a brown envelope. No more pouches? That's alright if so. Still unbelievable value for the dollar with the four books, adventure, coins, shirt, and pdfs.

A Dr. Pepper to your health!

Allan

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

dmtyndareus wrote:Received my books, shirt, and coins yesterday in Toronto!

Everything looks great. I pity the next Harpy that comes against me! (Thanks Steve!)

And I'll be sure to bring my Classic Monsters to the next con, Kim! Thanks!

Unsure about the pouch though. Coins came in a brown envelope. No more pouches? That's alright if so. Still unbelievable value for the dollar with the four books, adventure, coins, shirt, and pdfs.

A Dr. Pepper to your health!

Allan
You got a brown envelope? I just got a plain ol' white envelope. I wonder if by "pouch," TLG meant "paper envelope which is kind of a pouch, sort of" or something like that. Or maybe the postal center in Miami sailed all our pouches?
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

I have received my package!!! Thoom -- hopefully you'll be getting yours today as well (right before the long weekend). Mine also left the 8th of May and, given the destinations, it's a very good sign!

I'm delighted with the contents.... loved the personalized message each had. I was also happy and thankful of the packing. Books were packed in a smaller box which, in turn, was placed in the larger box along with the T-Shirt. My coins similarly game in a 'paper pouch' looking oddly like an envelope. I was actually amused and didn't really mind one way or the other but if someone actually received a real pouch, I'd love to see what it looks like if a picture can be managed.

This box of goodies is really awesome and I *finally* have the CKG in hardback along with the new Classic Monsters book. Along with the PHB and M&T, they just look AWESOME on the shelf.

M

Deogolf
Lore Drake

Post by Deogolf »

Still waiting...

Sir Osis of Liver
Unkbartig

Just got mine today! W00t! :D

maasenstodt
Hlobane Orc

Post by maasenstodt »

I keep coming home wishing that my package has arrived, but nothing as yet...

I'm sure it will come, but I'm awfully eager at this point...

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

Andred of Albans wrote: I haven't gotten deep into them, but they are physically beautiful.
... too easy....
:lol:

Hey wait... Which Albany do you live in?
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

Deogolf
Lore Drake

Post by Deogolf »

Still waiting...(starting to feel like the Talking Heads song)...

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

The physical copy is in my hands. Copies, I should say. Classic Monsters will be well represented on the con circuit in the months to come. It's a fine looking book.

maasenstodt
Hlobane Orc

Post by maasenstodt »

One of the fellows in my gaming group received his package on Friday and I had a chance to look at his copies... both Classic Monsters and the newer printing of the CKG look fantastic - with all due respect to the Trolls, their outsourced hardcovers are much nicer than those produced in-house.

I continue to eagerly await my package. :cry:

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

In all fairness to the Trolls, they didn't do too bad of a job on their hardcovers. Seems like the M&T of A hardcover I won in a contest turned out good. My ckg mainly had slightly uneven print quality in spots, but still a very useable table copy. Unfortunately, I never got an in house copy of Gods and Monsters. Don't get me wrong, the Walsworth ckg with the glossy cover was a sight to behold. Same can be said for Classic Monsters. Looking forward to the new M&T of A.

Sir Osis of Liver
Unkbartig

tylermo wrote:In all fairness to the Trolls, they didn't do too bad of a job on their hardcovers. Seems like the M&T of A hardcover I won in a contest turned out good. My ckg mainly had slightly uneven print quality in spots, but still a very useable table copy. Unfortunately, I never got an in house copy of Gods and Monsters. Don't get me wrong, the Walsworth ckg with the glossy cover was a sight to behold. Same can be said for Classic Monsters. Looking forward to the new M&T of A.
I got the house copies of M&TofA, OG&M and the CKG and haven't had problems with any of them. Granted, I use the PB versions at the game table for some reason, but still like the hard bound versions. While I haven't seen the operation in action, I have a fair idea of what they've got going, along with the generally high quality product they turn out. All of this has led me to be pretty patient and forgiving, although I was starting to get antsy over my copy of CM. Loving it, btw. :D

Andred of Albans
Hlobane Orc

Relaxo wrote:
Andred of Albans wrote: I haven't gotten deep into them, but they are physically beautiful.
... too easy....
:lol:

Hey wait... Which Albany do you live in?
The one in New York - I catch Medicaid fraud for the state.
Visit my

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

oh right! We gotta meet sometime, swill some ale and slay some orcs!
:-)
Bill D.

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

Andred of Albans wrote:Medicaid fraud
Isn't this a redundancy nowadays?
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

maasenstodt wrote:One of the fellows in my gaming group received his package on Friday and I had a chance to look at his copies... both Classic Monsters and the newer printing of the CKG look fantastic - with all due respect to the Trolls, their outsourced hardcovers are much nicer than those produced in-house.

I continue to eagerly await my package. :cry:
Walsorth look better and these are well bound, but I have to say I like the inlie gluing we do her in our own facility. It allows the book OPEN fully to the page I'm farting around on. Hopefully next year we can get the cover/wrap machine that allows us to do those shiny gloss covers...its rather expensive though and we could not mimic it with our table/tape/2x4s/string and fishing wire. :lol:

Steve

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

Manuals which would lay flat are a REAL goal - I eagerly await.
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet

Andred of Albans
Hlobane Orc

Relaxo wrote:oh right! We gotta meet sometime, swill some ale and slay some orcs!
:-)

I would really like that! :mrgreen:

MormonYoYoMan wrote:
Andred of Albans wrote:Medicaid fraud
Isn't this a redundancy nowadays?
It's not quite that bad, but I don't have to work too hard to find significant dollars to recoup :oops:
Visit my

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

Every time I see an address with "side apartment" I groan. (I work at an health insurance company)
Bill D.

Andred of Albans
Hlobane Orc

Relaxo wrote:Every time I see an address with "side apartment" I groan. (I work at an health insurance company)
Since we put photos on the benefit cards and started using "shoppers", recipient fraud is way down - doctors are as corrupt as ever though...
Visit my