TLG 8125 Classic Monsters (Available)

This forum is to discuss TLGs crowdfunding projects.
(NOTE: Until sorted, it will have legacy, non-crowdfunding threads in)
MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Re: Classic Monsters The Manual

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

Thoom wrote:
MormonYoYoMan wrote:When all the copies are received by everyone who ordered them, would it be gauche for me to ask if the wait was worth it?
It's not a question if it was worth the wait or not. I know the quality will be there. The question is if it's worth it to finance the print run by supporting a kisckstarter project or even a regular pre-order. As it stand now I could walk into my local gaming store and buy it for retail price instead of paying 100$ back in november (we're in May) and being the last guy on the list it was shipped to.
So I guess the answer to my question is "yes;" correct :?:
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Thoom wrote:
MormonYoYoMan wrote:When all the copies are received by everyone who ordered them, would it be gauche for me to ask if the wait was worth it? I, for one, am certainly impressed. And I remember the days when it took MONTHS and MONTHS to get the simplest of wargames in the mail. IIRC, Steve Jackson Games was the first publisher/dealer to deliver an order to me within 14 days.

No, I'm not excusing Steve. (Our Steve, not Steve Jackson. I guess it helps to be named Steve in this industry.) But I also know how a small shop can be crushed under its own success. Anyone ever hear of Donald Duncan Jr?
It's not a question if it was worth the wait or not. I know the quality will be there. The question is if it's worth it to finance the print run by supporting a kisckstarter project or even a regular pre-order. As it stand now I could walk into my local gaming store and buy it for retail price instead of paying 100$ back in november (we're in May) and being the last guy on the list it was shipped to. I would not be so pissed if each and every order I placed at the Trolls ended up with a problem or another.
In Thoom's defense. He has ordered from us about 3-4 times and each one something has gone wrong. We normally have very quick and reliable response to orders, but for some reason Thoom's keeps getting turned upside down...so he has every reason to be pissed.

:shock:

Thoom, I answered the email from orders and just sent you another from classic monsters.

Thanks!
Steve

Thoom
Hlobane Orc

Post by Thoom »

MormonYoYoMan wrote:So I guess the answer to my question is "yes;" correct :?:
I'm guessing it *will* be *yes*, but I cannot answer your question now, since I have not received my copy yet. I've never been disappointed with a TLG product before, I do not expect to be disappointed this time. I've had products arrive damaged though...

DaveyB
Red Cap

Post by DaveyB »

Troll Lord wrote:
DaveyB wrote:
Steve, I paid via PayPal back in November so I assume mine has not shipped. I sent you a PM about it (two actually, one was the reply to this that I sent as a PM by accident), and I will try the email posted above. If all else fails I will call you via phone. I guess that's what I get for doing things the old way. :)

I've had some correspondence with you before about this and you gave me the link for the PDF version, so I at least have that. The print version of this book as well as the Walsworth-printed CKG I sent you money for will hopefully get sent out soon. Hopefully Rune Lore won't be this hard to get. :)
Dave,

Interestingly I can't get into any messages that are sent to me on this board. The last one I can 'read' is dated April 27.

At any rate. I have answered your email and you are squared up. We'll get this one out tomorrow.

Thanks!
Steve
Okay, much appreciated Steve. That's odd about the PM's not showing up; probably a board glitch.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Well, I only did a "normal" pre-order (because I think Kickstarter is nosy), and got mine already. But if it makes everyone feel better, I will not actually use it until every last Kickstarter orderer gets theirs!

Well, I might, but I promise not to tell you about it.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Thoom
Hlobane Orc

Post by Thoom »

Aergraith wrote:Well, I only did a "normal" pre-order (because I think Kickstarter is nosy), and got mine already. But if it makes everyone feel better, I will not actually use it until every last Kickstarter orderer gets theirs!

Oh right, rub it in!

* sending bad karma to Aergraith through the board * :evil:

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Thoom wrote:
Aergraith wrote:Well, I only did a "normal" pre-order (because I think Kickstarter is nosy), and got mine already. But if it makes everyone feel better, I will not actually use it until every last Kickstarter orderer gets theirs!

Oh right, rub it in!

* sending bad karma to Aergraith through the board * :evil:
Thoom,

My email to you from classic monsters account bounced back to me. Error message: Reason: Remote host said: 452. I"m not sure what the means. I hit reply to the email you had sent earlier.

Steve

Andred of Albans
Hlobane Orc

Post by Andred of Albans »

Apparently my package went out today via priority mail. I want to give a shout out to Steve - even though my package was delayed, Steve went the extra mile to make sure I got everything I was supposed to get and then some. I am impressed with the personal communication and the willingness to go out of the way in the name of "doing the right thing"

Kudos Steve! I look forward to receiving the books, shirt and coins. I am sure they will be excellent!
Visit my

Thoom
Hlobane Orc

Post by Thoom »

Troll Lord wrote:Thoom,

My email to you from classic monsters account bounced back to me. Error message: Reason: Remote host said: 452. I"m not sure what the means. I hit reply to the email you had sent earlier.

Steve
Well I got an email from you today, through Kickstarter, to that same address about the digital downloads so I guess the problem isn't on my end.

I've got no answer from orders at troll lord dot com either. I'll send you an email from all the email accounts I have, one will get through...

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Hey yo, author boy! Mr. Hartsfield wrote a nice little personal note in my book, and I laughed my ass off. Ever the worrywort, Mr. Hartsfield then post scricpted the note correcting his original statement. Kim, if you read these boards, thanks for the hilarious note. Though I do wish you didn't post script it. ;)

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

AGNKim
Lord High Inquisitor

Post by AGNKim »

Omote wrote:Hey yo, author boy! Mr. Hartsfield wrote a nice little personal note in my book, and I laughed my ass off. Ever the worrywort, Mr. Hartsfield then post scricpted the note correcting his original statement. Kim, if you read these boards, thanks for the hilarious note. Though I do wish you didn't post script it. ;)

~O
;)

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

now I'm jealous.
I just got a signature and greasy spot.

:D
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Now that's the bonus. Save that book in case Hartsfield runs for president.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

I got a rock.
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Thanks, Charlie Brown. You blockhead. :lol:

AGNKim
Lord High Inquisitor

Post by AGNKim »

Relaxo wrote:now I'm jealous.

I was eating fried chicken while signing the books.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Andred of Albans wrote:Apparently my package went out today via priority mail. I want to give a shout out to Steve - even though my package was delayed, Steve went the extra mile to make sure I got everything I was supposed to get and then some. I am impressed with the personal communication and the willingness to go out of the way in the name of "doing the right thing"

Kudos Steve! I look forward to receiving the books, shirt and coins. I am sure they will be excellent!
Thanks Andred! We've gotten it together at last. And just in time because coming to a kickstarter near you . . . . #5!

Steve

Peter
Red Cap

Post by Peter »

What about the download links for the digital versions?

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Peter wrote:What about the download links for the digital versions?
They have gone out. They went out two days ago. If you are not getting them fire me over an email at [email protected].

Thanks,
Steve

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

#5 is a good one folks!

Thoom
Hlobane Orc

Post by Thoom »

Hey, I just received my pre-order of Goodman Games's DCC. I'll have something to read while I wait for that other book... 8-)

Thoom
Hlobane Orc

Post by Thoom »

BTW, in DCC there is a hilarious entry in the monsters section describing the Troll Lord. There is even a nice picture.

Andred of Albans
Hlobane Orc

Post by Andred of Albans »

Got my package today! Many thanks!

One minor quibble - I didn't get my troll coins and pouch :( It's minor, I admit, but I was sort of looking forward to that.

I do want to thank Steve for offering to send me a PH to complete my package - you, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar :ugeek:

A Dr. Pepper to your health, wealth and happiness (Diet, though, because I am diabetic) 8-)
Visit my

Peter
Red Cap

Post by Peter »

I realize it is too late, but here we go with some errata and editing issues anyways.

Errors:

Monsters with 2 movement types do not list what the second movement type is (fly, swim, etc.)
Wereshark is missing it's alignment.

Grammar:

Lots of missuses of a and an.

Inconsistencies with M&T:

/ in movement instead of ,
' instead of ft.
P / M instead of P, M
Lack of space between HD number and HD Size
In XP: {space}+{space} instead of just +

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

AGNKim wrote:
Relaxo wrote:now I'm jealous.

I was eating fried chicken while signing the books.
At least... I HOPE it's grease. :shock:
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

Drew
Mist Elf

Post by Drew »

Got my package in the Unit Mail Room here in South Korea on Friday. Thanks to the Troll Lords for the very kind note. The coins are going in my dice pouch. I'm a sucker for monster books, and I'm loving Classic Monsters.

Thoom
Hlobane Orc

Post by Thoom »

:shock:

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Drew wrote:Got my package in the Unit Mail Room here in South Korea on Friday. Thanks to the Troll Lords for the very kind note. The coins are going in my dice pouch. I'm a sucker for monster books, and I'm loving Classic Monsters.
Drew wrote:
Omote wrote:I'll take South Korea for getting there first.

~O
Do not underestimate the inefficiency of the Army Post Office.
Never doubt the APO. Somebody owes this guy five bucks.

SoKo. Yeeuh yeeuh!

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Thoom
Hlobane Orc

Post by Thoom »

Andred of Albans wrote:Got my package today! Many thanks!
Arg! Yours went out 2 days after mine and I still haven't received anything...

Sir Osis of Liver
Unkbartig

Post by Sir Osis of Liver »

Thoom wrote:
Andred of Albans wrote:Got my package today! Many thanks!
Arg! Yours went out 2 days after mine and I still haven't received anything...
Yeah, I haven't seen anything either. :(