More Society downloads

A forum to discuss Endless Worlds Organised Play events.
(NOTE: This was the Society News forum and has legacy threads that have not yet been sorted)
cuchulainkevin
Ulthal

More Society downloads

Post by cuchulainkevin »

Hi team, I just wanted to let everyone know that the Society is in the process of adding new fan material to the society website. I've overseen the addition of several new items today and will be adding several more over the next few day. Why not come check it out?

Some of the new items added:
Colin Sez
The Netbook of Classes
The Book of the Mind
Errata for several TLG products
The Creature Feature monster compilation

Joining the previous material of the Domesday Book issues 1-4 and the Crusader's Companion.

http://castlesandcrusades.ning.com/
Morty
Ah room zoom zoom, ah room zoom zoom. gilly gilly gilly gilly, gilly ah sa sa. Come through the magic door with me and see the things you never dreamed you'll see.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Re: More Society downloads

Post by Rigon »

Kev, I have other things that can go up as well. I have a couple of adaptations for Dark Sun and Dragonlance, if you want them. Let me know.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

cuchulainkevin
Ulthal

Post by cuchulainkevin »

Indeed. Shoot them over to me and I'll get them set up.
Ah room zoom zoom, ah room zoom zoom. gilly gilly gilly gilly, gilly ah sa sa. Come through the magic door with me and see the things you never dreamed you'll see.

scp
Ungern

Post by scp »

Just wanted to let you know: I found an error in the Downloads section: The link for Crusader Companion actually links to a copy of C&C Rules Compilation.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

cuchulainkevin wrote:Indeed. Shoot them over to me and I'll get them set up.
I needs ya email, mang.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

cuchulainkevin
Ulthal

Post by cuchulainkevin »

scp wrote:Just wanted to let you know: I found an error in the Downloads section: The link for Crusader Companion actually links to a copy of C&C Rules Compilation.

Crap, I'll get on that

cuchulainkevin
Ulthal

Post by cuchulainkevin »

Rigon wrote:
cuchulainkevin wrote:Indeed. Shoot them over to me and I'll get them set up.
I needs ya email, mang.

R-
[email protected]

Peter
Red Cap

Post by Peter »

If you are going to upload the Companion, please upload the most current version. The link is in my sig. There is still some stuff broken in it, but a lot less than the older version.

cuchulainkevin
Ulthal

Post by cuchulainkevin »

I think I have the most current now. Double check. I spent a good portion of the day trying to compress the pdf to under 5mb which seems to be the ning site limit. If not, shoot me another email and I'll try again.
Morty

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

cuchulainkevin wrote:I think I have the most current now. Double check. I spent a good portion of the day trying to compress the pdf to under 5mb which seems to be the ning site limit. If not, shoot me another email and I'll try again.
Morty

Hi... I've set aside some space to eventually act as a mirror to what is being hosted on Ning. The advantages being that the size limit is NOT an issue and you don't have to be a NING member to access the downloads.

With both sites supplying the material, we won't have to be overly concerned of any material being lost or forgotten. :)

M

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Morty, I sent you the files.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

KEV!
You are doing a bang-up awesome job man! Excellent work! For those that don't know, we have made Kevin an Administrator at the Society site, and he is jumping in with both feet. Thanks for helping out buddy. It is much appreciated!

cuchulainkevin
Ulthal

Post by cuchulainkevin »

Thanks Eric. I'm just putting up the material that the fans did with their hard work.

Thanks to Chuck for supplying a bunch of new material and Peter for sending a very comprehensive file of people's various projects- that will save me a lot of time.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, there's a ton more material that will be posted over the next week or so. Keep checking back!

Anyone with new material that they would like hosted can get in touch with me via the ning site or at [email protected].

CKDad
Master of the Kobold Raiders

Post by CKDad »

Gents - I'm going to have my first batch of pregen characters ready sometime this week for you. Will ping both Morty & Piper by e-mail once they're done.
"I don't wanna be remembered as the guy who died because he underestimated the threat posed by a monkey."

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Did you want the stuff I used to have on my website?

cuchulainkevin
Ulthal

Post by cuchulainkevin »

Very much so. I was sending emails to people asking permission. I hadn't gotten to the big kahuna yet and got sidetracked by my surgery yesterday. I have many, many of your files ready to upload :) The question I would ask is there any that you specifically don't want uploaded? I remember class deconstruction being one that you didn't want up because it might interfere with it being in the CKG, but since it never appeared and Peter has a version in his Crusader Companion, I wasn't sure if that was still an issue?

Let me know Serl. You stuff, I think, is essential as you were one of the prime movers in getting expansion material out there when there was little to be had.

Morty

cuchulainkevin
Ulthal

Post by cuchulainkevin »

PS, if you had stuff on the old site and are still active on the forums and haven't gotten to you about posting your stuff, that doesn't mean I won't. There is a LOT of material still to upload. Peter Schroeder has been immensly helpful in that regard as he sent me a zip of a ton of the materials that was out there. I has a lot of it as well, but his ZIP was MUCH better organized than my stuff and therefore much much easier to use. Thanks Peter!

I'll getting some more up over the next few days as I get back on my feet.

Morty

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

The class deconstruction methods, if you have all of them, cannot be distributed due to an agreement I made with the Trolls -- whether they ever use that material or not is their concern, but I cannot allow it to be freely given at this point, unless or until Steve says it is OK. I am somewhat torn on the Creature Crucible as I had planned on using it, updated, for a new project but with my workload at the real job... I've pretty much given up on writing anything, so if you want to use it, please do. Maybe someone can find it useful. I figure the rest of the stuff is all pretty standard "garbage" anyone could do if they wanted to.

cuchulainkevin
Ulthal

Post by cuchulainkevin »

I disagree about your assessment of your writing Robert, but I will certainly respect your wishes. I'll upload everything except deconstruction and creature crucible.

Peter
Red Cap

Post by Peter »

The class deconstruction methods, if you have all of them, cannot be distributed due to an agreement I made with the Trolls -- whether they ever use that material or not is their concern, but I cannot allow it to be freely given at this point, unless or until Steve says it is OK.
Most of the numbers for deconstruction is right there in the PHB, just takes some basic math. It's the base EXP numbers I'm not to sure about. I took my best guess for my version, which only the Rogue came out spot on.
I am somewhat torn on the Creature Crucible as I had planned on using it, updated, for a new project but with my workload at the real job... I've pretty much given up on writing anything, so if you want to use it, please do. Maybe someone can find it useful. I figure the rest of the stuff is all pretty standard "garbage" anyone could do if they wanted to.
Is there any of your material that you'd be willing to place under the OGL, so I can insert it into my Companion?

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Peter wrote:
Most of the numbers for deconstruction is right there in the PHB, just takes some basic math. It's the base EXP numbers I'm not to sure about. I took my best guess for my version, which only the Rogue came out spot on.

I know. Mine covers the base XP, and as of the last errata I discovered (stupid math errors), I believe I could replicate all of the classes. This was one of those things I said anyone could do, if they only wanted to take the few moments to realize there is a pattern to progression.
Peter wrote:Is there any of your material that you'd be willing to place under the OGL, so I can insert it into my Companion?
Some of the stuff is very obvious and doesn't really need an OGL, like the descriptions of arms and armor. As long as I get credit in Section 15, consider it all Open, excepting, naturally, anything that would not be. For a long time, I was keeping it... hoping to gather it together and do something "big." But, I no longer have the time or desire.

Peter
Red Cap

Post by Peter »

Awesome, thank you. I'll get it all in right after I finish the chapter on Immortality (sometime tomorrow).