*TLG WISH LIST* ~ Let the Trolls know what YOU want to see!

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
Omote
Battle Stag

*TLG WISH LIST* ~ Let the Trolls know what YOU want to see!

Post by Omote »

Let's be a little realistic on this one. TLG will probably never own the rights to Greyhawk, or Castle Zagyg again, so asking for the world will probably get you bupkis.

Why not let the Trolls know directly, what you would like to realistically see in new product. Hey, you never know - maybe TLG will hear out the hardcore fans that constantly read these message boards.

Now, POST WHAT YOU WANT!
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Omote
Battle Stag

Re: TL WISH LIST - Let the Trolls know what YOU want to see!

Post by Omote »

I guess I'll start.

Trolls, I love the idea of the C&C Flip Book, but the whole "flip" thingy is annoying. It's a neat concept, but why do we REALLY need to flip the book around to read the different books? It's a novelty. Nothing really more.

TLG, I would love to see, and pay for, a true combined version of the Player's Handbook and the Monsters & Treasure. This book doesn't have to be a definative "Rules Cyclopedia", but simply a combination of the 2 best selling C&C books together in a single, badass tome! How awesome would that be? I betcha it would sell super well at conventions too. ;) In fact, I know it would.

Sure, such a book would be a fringe product, but I'm sure you could get a couple of hundred sales out of a limited edition, C&C book of badassery!

That's what I would most like to see from TLG at this point.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Grey
Hlobane Orc

Re: *TLG WISH LIST* ~ Let the Trolls know what YOU want to s

Post by Grey »

Sad, but what I REALLY want to see is Amazing Adventures! :D
But I'd also like to see some follow on/ setting expansions for it, especially a Victorian/ Penny Dreadful/ Steampunk and a 1950's/60's Spy adventure type setting (sort of Bond, Avengers, Mission Impossible, Our Man Flint etc. ~ assuming that this works with the "pulp" style rules!)
As for C&C, I would like to see digest versions with normal sized print (for the old short-sighted players like myself!). I agree with Omote that a fully combined Players Handbook/ Monsters & Treasures would rock! (especially if digest sized!)
D.

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

I'd like to see a SIEGE version of Gamma World. Wasn't Ser working on that at one point?

I like the idea of the PH combined with the M&T (maybe with a bit of the stuff from the CKG, like Advantages, etc.), but I'm not sure I'd be in a rush to buy it.

More monster books!

kreider204
Unkbartig

Post by kreider204 »

Errata-free versions of current products ... ;)

Seriously, I would love to see a C&C version of the old Rogues Gallery. I'd be cool for the Troll Lords, and maybe even some of the forum denizens, to include their own characters, with detailed descriptions of their personalities, backgrounds, past exploits, etc.

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

I'd like to see a supers based SIEGE game. I think they were working on something that was Victorian Age based. That would be cool, I suppose, but I'd rather them do something modern. If they're going to do something specific, I wish they'd do a gritty, street-level SIEGE Supers game (Batman or Watchman, minus Dr. Manhattan level) with a dim, grim setting.

More support for the other games they have! Star Siege and Harvesters are languishing, and it's kind of sad. They both are good games, in my opinion. I think they need a setting for each, maybe a couple of adventures and an accessory with options.

This is a pipe dream, and Omote kind of touched on the topic of licensed settings, but one of those would be nice. Maybe not even liscensed, but "popular fantasy" Maybe even something done by someone else in the past, now getting the TLG touch. Something like Dark Crystal, Conan, Robin Hood, Camelot/Arthurian. I don't know, I think that might be cool.

Other than that, I think I'm good. They're coming out with a race and equipment book. CKG is out. I can't really think of anything other than what I've already listed. :)
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

magick3six
Ungern

Post by magick3six »

Instead of combining the PH and M&T, I'd love to see a combined 'Monster' book that combined M&T, M&TofA, CM, and then another book that combined PH and CKG maybe. Not sure about the PH/CKG combination, but combining all the monster books into the uber book of monster loving would give CKs something to rave about.

-Scott

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

I want "1 CK, 1 Player" adventures, maybe for particular classes or races. Maybe a generic line and some for Aihrde and the other official TLG settings.

I want Wilderlands style hex crawl maps of the Cradle of the World keyed with cool Aihrdean stuff and crazy tables.

I'd like more Blacktooth Ridge material, such as Pieces of Eight or the Krekingolg.

I'd like to read some Aihrde fiction in novel form.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

magick3six
Ungern

Post by magick3six »

Aergraith wrote:I want "1 CK, 1 Player" adventures, maybe for particular classes or races. Maybe a generic line and some for Aihrde and the other official TLG settings.
As a CK that normally runs for only 2 players, I think this is a great idea, and would be thrilled to see more small party adventures. It's what some of us do all the time.

-Scott

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

We've long considered letting you build a book...within reason.

So for instance, you wanted the PH and MT in a book (non flip), then you place an order for said book. Because we own our own print facility we can do this. We can do it perfect bound, even hardback when we get that binder back online.

Two things have slowed us...well normal crap that never ceases to cascade down no TLG, as with any business...that being the cover and price. Pricing would be hard to do on our platform, and the cover would as well. The most logical way would be have you send in an order like this "I would like the players handbook and MT bound together with the PH cover" or some such thing. we would price it at 48,000.00 lira and send invoice.

It seems clunky and gets worse when we attempt to get the UV coating on the cover.

But that is an idea, if enough are interested we can institute. I could get Todd to handle it and Davis and Mark to print and ship it and I could go watch episodes of Walking Dead! :lol: :lol:

Steve

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

The things I want to see is an Outremere/New Aenoch Gazetteer and more Haunted Highlands.
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

kreider204 wrote:Seriously, I would love to see a C&C version of the old Rogues Gallery. I'd be cool for the Troll Lords, and maybe even some of the forum denizens, to include their own characters, with detailed descriptions of their personalities, backgrounds, past exploits, etc.
I really like this one!
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

cuchulainkevin
Ulthal

Post by cuchulainkevin »

Aergraith wrote:
I want Wilderlands style hex crawl maps of the Cradle of the World keyed with cool Aihrdean stuff and crazy tables.

This
As well as more Haunted Highlands

More generic CK friendly material like Monsters and Treasure Assortment, Rogues Gallery, Dungeon and City Geomorphs and encounters, material like Towers of Adventure.

Airdhe material, for example a npc book as well as country gazeteers.
Ah room zoom zoom, ah room zoom zoom. gilly gilly gilly gilly, gilly ah sa sa. Come through the magic door with me and see the things you never dreamed you'll see.

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

Haunted Highlands solos.

I was going to say "more skills," but then realized the SIEGE engine pretty well permits a player to give and train their PCs in any skill I can imagine.
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

trashheap
Ungern

Post by trashheap »

• I would love to see something like the Crusader's Companion in dead tree form.
  • More books like Amazing Adventures which adapt the SEIGE engine to other genres.
  • A generic SEIGE engine toolkit book.
  • Ive been comparing C&C to BECMI a lot lately. Ive been wondering what Immortals level play in C&C would look like...

Willy Rat
Ungern

Post by Willy Rat »

I second (or is it third?) this idea of the 'lone wolf' adventures. One CC, one PC. Some opportunities for deep role playing.

Also, I would like to see "BERGHOLT, By Shadow of Night" expanded and released for C&C play. I've heart naught but good things about this one and thought it would make a fine addition to the Adventures.

Just my $.02.
Willy Rat from the frozen wastes of central Canada

doominicus
Ungern

Post by doominicus »

I would want to see a New Aenochia gazeteer, not a much detailed one but one with few big bad some places of interest etc etc. It would be nice

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

A companion to, Of Gods & Monsters.

Covering all the Heroes & Monsters of those myth's that are not listed elsewhere. As well it would be good to have GM info for creating campaigns set in those. Info like weapons, armor & culture of each.
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

trashheap wrote:I would love to see something like the Crusader's Companion in dead tree form.
This would be great.

I wouldn't mind seeing a TLG book of traps either.

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

Allright, so here are a few things I'd like to see.

1. Take the last of the old d20 and convert it over officially to C&C. (i.e. Bergholt, etc.)

2. A second God's & Monsters. At first I was skeptical when I heard what it was going to consist of. I thought, dang just another Deities & Demigods book. But the Avatar concept was pretty coool. I'd like to see the Trolls step out again with something controversial - covering Monotheism, Dualism, a single Church, Buddhism, Christianity, Islam and Judism in a fantasy context.

3. A Tainted Lands expansion. I'd like to see some more of that world, as it is a pretty cool setting.

4. While Castle Zagyg line is long gone, and likely never to return. I would like to see a city and mega-dungeon done along a similar vein done again for the C&C Ruleset. While I'm sure Unklar's fortress will be epic, the thing is, that adventure/dungeon/megadungeon will be for epic characters. I like the idea of seeing the Free City of Graysburg with modules put out like East Mark, and then having things lead to the Master Mage Chenault creating first his Chateau de Grey, then culminating in his Caslte Chenault - Towers & Storerooms. Followed by the Dungeons, the Deeps Beyond, the Stone Chambers , The Dark Lake, and finally Chenault's Way. With of course the requiste sourcebooks for portals that take to other worlds like a John Carter/Mars type planet, a Magic Mirror/Dungeonland Type world, an underdark sourcebook, etc. Yes this would be a Pastiche, but what a Pastiche this would be...

Note, yes I recognize that this would be the 4th Fantasy World that the Trolls would end up having to support in their Game Line - Ahirde, Inzae, Tainted Lands and then Castle Chateau.

5. An Adventure outlining the the connecting of the two words of Erde and Inzae. Perhaps somewhere an adventure can be transported along the dwarven tunnel links or a teleporter between Dirty Bowbees and Blacktooth Ridge.

6. A Gazetter for Inzae and a redone Gazetter for Erde. Yes, I know Ahirde being redone which is great, but I would expect equal treatment for Inzae which doesn't get as much love - so yeah a big Ahirde Type source book for Inzae as well. Though a box set for each one would be cool too.

7. A White Plume Mountain/Anomalous Subsurface Environment type adventure combining future weaponry/technology with fantasy. This would be a great tie in with a re-done StarSiege.
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

Y'know, as the new guy in the neighborhood - and the only nondrinker & nonsmoker, from what I can tell :lol: - I'd like something which would tell me just who the trolls ARE. (For the life of me, I can't quite figure out why not smoking or drinking would cause me to not know these things... :? )

I'm not suggesting a whole and wholesome biography of each person -- I'd just like to know who I'm talking to in these forums. I've figured out that Troll Lord is Steve, and I thought I had a handle who was Davis at one point. Occasionally someone will mention that they wrote or drew a particular project and I look 'em up, swear I'm gonna write that down where I'll remember it, and promptly forget it.

It doesn't have to be a boxed set or a hardback, and it certainly doesn't need to include dice. (Dice are ALWAYS cool though!) It could even be a sticky somewhere on this board. Hecky-poo, it could even be an answer to this post.

Though I wouldn't complain if it WAS a hardback book in a boxed set with lots of cool dice!! :mrgreen:
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Castles & Crusades Online: Aihrde Unleashed
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

AGNKim
Lord High Inquisitor

Post by AGNKim »

MormonYoYoMan wrote: I'm not suggesting a whole and wholesome biography of each person -- I'd just like to know who I'm talking to in these forums. I've figured out that Troll Lord is Steve, and I thought I had a handle who was Davis at one point. Occasionally someone will mention that they wrote or drew a particular project and I look 'em up, swear I'm gonna write that down where I'll remember it, and promptly forget it.
Steve is Troll Lord, Davis is cleaverthepit, Pete Bradley is gideon_thorne. Mark Sandy doesn't post on here (or anywhere on the internet). I think Todd Gray is on here, but rarely posts.

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

No cool dice?
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

All seriousness aside, thank you! This is now a Notebook file in my C&C folder on Drive E:
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet

trashheap
Ungern

Post by trashheap »

Willy Rat wrote:I second (or is it third?) this idea of the 'lone wolf' adventures. One CC, one PC. Some opportunities for deep role playing.
The Lone Wolf gamebooks were not 1 CC 1 PC , but one person solo adventures with the book as GM. That being said, I would love a solo gamebook C&C style using some of the SEIGE mechanics as it's basis. I would buy that up like candy. (I currently collect the Lone Wolf remakes Mongoose Publishing has been printing.)

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

serleran = the guy somewhat responsible for Monsters and Treasure, Engineering Dungeons, and Engineering Castles. Had fingers in other pies but those pies became pudding.

As for what I would like to see...

Zero level character rules and adventures for levels 0-3.

I would also like to see a book dedicated to religions and their artifacts, not necessarily the gods themselves.

Demons. Real, nasty ones, not ripped out of history.

A bunch of stuff I've written but not shown to anyone.

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

Thank you also, Mr Serleran! (I'd love to someday put together a series of interviews covering how and why we chose our nom de plumes!)
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

C&C version of Oriental Adventures!

:)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

Rhuvein wrote:C&C version of Oriental Adventures!

:)
C&C version of; Planescape!
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson