Fish for C&C...

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
Omote
Battle Stag

Fish for C&C...

Post by Omote »

I did a small review for a wonderful little adventure called FISH FOR BREAKFAST. You can find it here if you wish to read it.
http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames

I think overall that this module would be a fantastic one for C&C. I bought the mod with the intent on using it for my C&C games (sorry LA guys).

Good intro mod with a ton of "feeling" for a setting, if that makes any sense.

...............................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Excellent. As soon as The Wicked Cauldron is available, I'm going to order a bundle of C&C modules and most definitely this one!

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I was wondering about this one. I was going to get it simply to support Gary, but its good to hear I'll likely enjoy the content as well. I figured I was going to, back to that "by Gary" thing again, but its always good to hear an unbiased (less biased?) opinion.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Treebore wrote:
I was wondering about this one. I was going to get it simply to support Gary, but its good to hear I'll likely enjoy the content as well. I figured I was going to, back to that "by Gary" thing again, but its always good to hear an unbiased (less biased?) opinion.

It sounds like it's a great module and knowing that buying it supports - Greg, Darlene, Gary/LA and TLG is reason enough for sure. I don't recall reading anything else about the supporting artists/artwork besides Darlene. Has anyone else heard anything.

Let's ask Omote - hey Omote, who are the artists on this mod or did Darlene do it all?

Thanks,

Rhu.

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Rhuvein wrote:
Let's ask Omote - hey Omote, who are the artists on this mod or did Darlene do it all?

Thanks,

Rhu.

*coughs*

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

PB is the sole, credited artist in FISH FOR BREAKFAST, which includes 4 maps and and 4 other pieces. The artwork is small, and there is PB's familiar goblins as well as a few scenic pieces including the harbor picture which Mr Greg Ellis likes enough to have on his living room wall (see the LA forum).

Darlene is only credited with the "design & layout," which I have to say is da bomb IMO (it reminds me of super old issues of White Dwarf magazine, which I fricken love!).

The module can be clearly used with other settings, only requiring a little extra conversion time (LA is not quite as easy to convert from as is, say 1E).

............................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Omote wrote:
The module can be clearly used with other settings, only requiring a little extra conversion time (LA is not quite as easy to convert from as is, say 1E).

FPQ

True. Gary's mentioned a few times that a begining level LA character is about the equivalent of a 5th level C&C character. With that as a guideline one just needs to recalculate the %'s of LA into +'s for C&C

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

gideon_thorne wrote:
*coughs*

Well dagnabit, methinks the press announcements and such should mention this fer sure (unless I missed it), thus ensuring more sales!!!

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Omote wrote:
PB is the sole, credited artist in FISH FOR BREAKFAST, which includes 4 maps and and 4 other pieces. The artwork is small, and there is PB's familiar goblins as well as a few scenic pieces including the harbor picture which Mr Greg Ellis likes enough to have on his living room wall (see the LA forum).

Darlene is only credited with the "design & layout," which I have to say is da bomb IMO (it reminds me of super old issues of White Dwarf magazine, which I fricken love!).

FPQ
Noice

As this one poster like to say! What's his name?
Nevermind, thanks Omote!

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Rhuvein wrote:
Well dagnabit, methinks the press announcements and such should mention this fer sure (unless I missed it), thus ensuring more sales!!!

Us dogsbodies seldom get the glory.

Peter Bradley

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Quote:
Us dogsbodies seldom get the glory.

No frickin' doubt, there.

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

Treebore wrote:

Hey chief, you will need to reserve some time at next Gen Con so we can GAME UP some C&C. I was so busy taking everything in this time I didnt game enough, and Im counting on you to help keep me in line next time.
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I went there with my primary goal to be gaming with Necromancer guys, meeting the Trolls, and to get into Case's (Bowbe) C&C game. I met all my goals and had a blast, so did my daughter.

So if gaming is your goal for next GenCon just hang with me and it will happen.

BTW I plan on arriving the night/day before GenCon. So anyone else getting there that early next year let me know and we'll see if we can put together a game night.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Getting to GenCon a day early is always a good idea. I will be down there on Wednesday night as usual. I call that day the Con before the Con. Always good times to be had.

.........................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

I may end up going with the Trolls and, if so, Ill be there a day early by default. I hope to see you cats there and get a bit more gaming in this upcoming year, although there is nothing wrong with pounding a few brews back, so there will be time alotted for that as well.
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Sounds like we have a game!

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

GAME ON!

Brews, gaming and good friends is ultimately what it is all about. I hope to catch a game with you chaps next year.

........................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Sounds great.

The only question then is: Will there be any dogbodies in attendence??

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Rhuvein wrote:
Sounds great.

The only question then is: Will there be any dogbodies in attendence??

Fraid so. This one will even be at the much larger TLG booth area next time.

Peter Bradley

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

What the hell is a dogbody?
-Genghis Khan

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Breakdaddy wrote:
What the hell is a dogbody?

It's british slang for what they commonly refer too as a 'grip' or errand boy. Generally the ones that do lots of work but you never hear of.

Peter Bradley

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

gideon_thorne wrote:
It's british slang for what they commonly refer too as a 'grip' or errand boy. Generally the ones that do lots of work but you never hear of.

Oh yeah! I met him at GenCon this year! I even got his name but I have forgotten. I'm so lousy with remembering names. Gideon, I know you know who I am talking about. Looks kind of like Davis but with a lot more hair on his head and face.

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Treebore wrote:
Oh yeah! I met him at GenCon this year! I even got his name but I have forgotten. I'm so lousy with remembering names. Gideon, I know you know who I am talking about. Looks kind of like Davis but with a lot more hair on his head and face.

You mean Mark Sandy? Designer of the Monk class?

Peter Bradley

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

ROFL, yeah that would be Mark. He is a pickle spear. And I mean that in the best possible way.
-Genghis Khan

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Yeah, Mark. I should have remembered since I have an uncle named Mark.

So he designed the Monk? Cool. I was thinking of playing a Monk in the new on-line chat I am joining.