Looking for a good one-shot

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
thoth93

Looking for a good one-shot

Post by thoth93 »

Some old pals are in town this weekend, and I'd like a great one-shot module that could be finished easily in an evening's play time, four to six hours.

Any suggestions?

Brian

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

The Beacon of Enon Tor is very quick (3-4 hours play)... you could probably add a bit too it (according to taste). Ideal for new players or starting characters (if some of your friends haven't tried the game before).

It's also free! (the link of which can be found on Dragonsfoote I believe).

I ran it and a friend of mine ran it with very few mods and we (and our respective players) had a good time with it.

Moriarty the Red

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I agree with Beacon of Enon Tor, but this mod only took us about 4 hours and I added a bunch of stuff. So, tis a short one-shot module.

For a longer (lot longer) one-shot module I would say DARK CHATEAU for Yggsburgh. That mod is a classic one-shot, that could be linked to a series of adventures in CZ1: Yggsburgh should you choose. The mod is even good if you don't place it within the Yggsburgh setting.

If you are looking for non-C&C products, I just recently ran a short, one-shot dungeon crawl from Goodman Games called THE TRANSMUTER'S LAST TOUCH (and only $2.00!!!) . A low level mod about spell-mutated kobolds. Of course this mod is for d20, but is a snap to convert since most of the mosnters are kobold, some with a few magic "enhancements." Of course, you could take out the magic enhancement stuff like I did and run it as a straight one-shot mod.

.........................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

The Beacon is good. But you might also like to take a look at The Rising Knight, a C&C module that's the intro to the "A" series of modules. It was featured in the C&C Boxed Set and is free. I ran this for my group and they loved it.
Go here to download:
http://www.trolllord.com/newsite/downlo ... knight.pdf

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

StealthSuitStanley
Hlobane Orc

Post by StealthSuitStanley »

I looked for a download of Beacon... I had no luck...

Does anyone have a copy they can email me?
CK of the Planewalker's Society

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Here you go!
http://tower.newcenturycomputers.net/temp/beacon.pdf

....................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Beacon, Keep on the Borderlands, or The Rising Knight are all very good options. I'd prefer people use RK as its decidely C&C (written specifically for the system) and is entirely free so one does not need to own the originals of the others to make full use of the material.

jman5000

Post by jman5000 »

if you cut out the town aspects and the kobold mini-encounter at the end, and plunk your adventurers right outside Willic's burrow with a quick synopsis on how they got there, then Shadows of the Halfling Hall is a nice, compact dungeon crawl that can be done in 1 sitting as well.

Cheers,

J.

miller6
Lore Drake

Post by miller6 »

All of my killer caves are mini-mods designed for 4 hour sessions. Call me biased, but you might wanna take a look at a few. The link to each is provided below.

Brian Miller

Outsider73

Post by Outsider73 »

Mortality of Green! The greatest one night session my group every played.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Really, there are lots of modules. I like Treasure Huntm and In Search of Adventure, too. Mostly because both are very low level (pre-1st in fact.)

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

Outsider73 wrote:

We are currently playing a modified Mortality of Green adventure in Steve Chenault's game here in town and its been really fun. If the module runs anything like what we've been playing then you are in for a real blast. I have refrained from reading the published version since I dont want to spoil the game for myself.
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

By the by, I SMOKED the Charon Fiend from the new Monsters of Airdhe PDF. I beat it down so hard its ancestors cried. Im just bragging now, dont kill me in the next session Steve.
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Outsider73 wrote:

I think it could make a great solo adventure for a mid range level character as well.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Breakdaddy wrote:
By the by, I SMOKED the Charon Fiend from the new Monsters of Airdhe PDF. I beat it down so hard its ancestors cried. Im just bragging now, dont kill me in the next session Steve.

Nice. It sure feels great to take down a bad ass monster. Your next session should be interesting . . .

Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

Rhuvein wrote:
Nice. It sure feels great to take down a bad ass monster. Your next session should be interesting . . .

LOL, probably!
-Genghis Khan