Monday Wilderlands/alternative game

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Aramis
Lore Drake

Re: Tuesday Wilderlands game!

Post by Aramis »

Treebore wrote:Awesome! I am sure he will see it. You may have enough from the loot. Technically it was earned by only you and Malcolm, depending on how you guys want to handle it.
Well, our rule is share and share alike...but that stone would work pretty well in conjunction with that ring I am buying! :lol: . We might just need the "shock troop" support that it would provide

By the way, this one is for Rhuvein

Overtime!

:D

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Aramis wrote:By the way, this one is for Rhuvein

Overtime!

Congrats on the payback! :(

;)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Another fun session . .

oh, and can someone give me a recap of the final action? The wife and daughter were bugging me about something and the scene went quickly.

I believe Kurt's PC polymorphed the behir into a turtle then and said creature failed his save against poly?

And how was his wizard able to cast that level spell?

Thanks. :P

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Rhuvein wrote:Another fun session . .

oh, and can someone give me a recap of the final action? The wife and daughter were bugging me about something and the scene went quickly.

I believe Kurt's PC polymorphed the behir into a turtle then and said creature failed his save against poly?

And how was his wizard able to cast that level spell?

Thanks. :P
The magics of Arkouna are mysterious and terrifying!

Fear him, Rhuvein!

:lol:

Actually, I cast it from a wand we found.

Generally, when the shooting starts I don't break out the big guns right away. Best to let the big tough fighters do what they do well. I just try to make their job easier with a well timed spell or two

But this time, they were peacefully snoozing :D and it was just you and me vs something that, by my calculations, had a pretty good chance to deprive this party of our great wisdom (and quality knock knock jokes) :lol: . So, I decided to drop the bomb on him. Then, when that failed, I dropped the bomb again

For some reason I thought it was a Con save, so I was not too confident, but then I double checked and it was WIS and I got confident. Luckily, Treebore knew it was WIS all along, and the behir was able to explore his inner turtle

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I think I will have all the Behir throughout the rest of this module be awakened by an evil Druid. Give them all Primes, rather than just physical.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Which would add 2 HD, making them 15 HD, I'm liking this line of thought!
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Aramis wrote: The magics of Arkouna are mysterious and terrifying!

Fear him, Rhuvein!

:lol:
Indeed@ :mrgreen:

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Treebore wrote:Which would add 2 HD, making them 15 HD, I'm liking this line of thought!
Stop it right now!! :o

:P

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Aramis wrote: So, I decided to drop the bomb on him. Then, when that failed, I dropped the bomb again
So you failed the INT check to cast a higher level spell (the polymorph) and thus blew a charge and then you cast it again and rolled a successful check??

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rhuvein wrote:
Aramis wrote: So, I decided to drop the bomb on him. Then, when that failed, I dropped the bomb again
So you failed the INT check to cast a higher level spell (the polymorph) and thus blew a charge and then you cast it again and rolled a successful check??
No, he failed his INT check to remember the save was WIS based, but I rolled a 14 for its save, add 13, and it saved for Prime and non Prime versus the 9th level wand effect. A 27 beats both.

Then the second time I rolled a 5, and it became a turtle.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Behir are usefu for a number of things. The horns of a behir can be used to brew the ink necessary to inscribe a lightning bolt scroll, and the sharp talons can likewise be used by a cleric to make the ink for a neutralize poison scroll. The heart of the behir is one of the more common ingredients for ink for a protection from poison scroll. The scales are valued for their hardness and color, and are worth up to 500 gp to an armorer who can use them to fashion a highly ornate set of scale mail armor. This Behir would cost half to enchant to +2 in protection and cost half to put electrical and poison related enchantments upon it.

Eating the heart was wisely passed on. Eating it, and living, would have bestowed a permanent save bonus of +2 versus electrical based attacks and poison attacks from all sources, demon, dragon, plants, other creatures, and even magical.

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Rhuvein wrote:
No, it was from a wand of polymorph, so no INT check required (I think that's only for scrolls). Although, as Treebore said, maybe an INT check was needed for Aramis to remember Polymorph was a WIS save (Doh! :D )

But we got him with the second shot. Which was good, because if we hadn't, I think he might have gotten us with one of his "shots"

And with the items we found, our next opponent might get a little suprise as well.

64bitrobot
Hlobane Orc

Post by 64bitrobot »

I only passed on eating the heart because you mentioned a 15 might still result in death! Even with a +11 and con prime. Though if I had use for scale armor, the scales might be useful. Perhaps a few of my men could use some amror. How many sets of +1 scale could it make?

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Aramis wrote:No, it was from a wand of polymorph, so no INT check required (I think that's only for scrolls).
Right. I should think a check would be required for wands/staves/rods . . otherwise that magic item is incredibly powerful. I don't recall the Trolls covering this in C&C, so I'll have to give it some thought about how I might handle these magical weapons in my game.

Anyway, excellent use of the wand and hopefully you have many more charges!

8-)

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

No game Tuesday, we are going to Camp Pendleton. I won't be gaming Sunday either.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

GAME IS ON!

Trip was cancelled due to commanding officers mother dying Friday night, so I am still out $130 for the Holiday in Hotel room, but we are staying home.

nwelte1
Lore Drake

Post by nwelte1 »

I am out of town for CLE tomorrow. I do not know what time I will be back, so I may be late or a no show.

ArrowHawk
Hlobane Orc

Post by ArrowHawk »

My Daughter has her first soccer game today and my Wife is unable to pick her up. I will be about a half hour late but I will be there.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Great session!

We just need to utilize our rope trick tent better! :lol:

64bitrobot
Hlobane Orc

Post by 64bitrobot »

Eventually you'll get that mage's mansion spell, does that exist in this game?

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

WARNING!

I am having an issue with TLG right now. Basically I will not tolerate anyone telling me I cannot voice my opinion on a message board when I am doing it in a civil manner. The ball is in their court at this time, if they play it badly I will be gone. For good. Just wanted to be sure everyone knows in case I do end up "disappearing".

Several of you do have my phone number.

Sorry, but this is simply something I cannot and will not tolerate.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I have already left Dragonsfoot over this.

I will not tolerate being effectively censored when I am being polite about it. If I was being a raging and insulting idiot I would, but I am being polite and still being shut down. NOT going to tolerate it. From anyone.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Treebore wrote:I have already left Dragonsfoot over this.

I will not tolerate being effectively censored when I am being polite about it. If I was being a raging and insulting idiot I would, but I am being polite and still being shut down. NOT going to tolerate it. From anyone.
Hey Robert, please - easy does it.

I'm trying to keep the peace and not let all the flack spill over to DF. The thread there can remain and be productive, but cannot be one where everyone starts to bash TLG or anyone or anything.

Say your peace here, yes, but not at DF.

GameOgre's post that insulted many here had to be removed. And yours as well.

I understand your concern about what's happening here, but it's not good practice to bring those concerns and thus potential flame wars over to another forum.

Sorry, but that's my job over there.

Peace bro!!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I understand you did what you felt you needed to do due to your responsibilities, but like I said, if I am not allowed to voice what I have to say in a civil manner, why bother going to the board?

So just like your doing what you have to do, I am doing what I have to do. I realize it is nothing personal and will be happy to game with you anywhere. Let alone drink some Rum.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Rhuvein wrote:Great session!

I've got it.

Someone goes invisible and flies - holding the rope (not tugging it to open) and we can escape enemies or get into places surreptitiously!

8-)

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Rhuvein wrote:
Rhuvein wrote:Great session!

I've got it.

Someone goes invisible and flies - holding the rope (not tugging it to open) and we can escape enemies or get into places surreptitiously!

8-)
I picture something like this:

blue dragon problem solved!

(balloons are impervious to lightning, right?)

;)

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

That thing is going to Oz for sure! :P

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Good session!

Here is the link to our game group:

http://groups.google.com/group/RubyLordgamers?hl=en

:)

nwelte1
Lore Drake

Post by nwelte1 »

I know Robert cannot see the forums, but can someone let him know that I will be late. I have another city council meeting I must attend. Its a special meeting, so I hope it will be brief.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

No game tonight. Tree is under the weather.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007