J Eric Holmes

Threads honoring gaming pioneers that have molded our hobby, and have started their own games in a better place.
serleran
Mogrl

J Eric Holmes

Post by serleran »

You inspired a generation of young gamers to greater adventure, and now you are on the last of your own. May the dice favor you. Thank you for the creative gift you inspired in all of us who knew you, even if only through the pages of a simple blue book. I hope your family finds comfort in knowing that you are not lost or forgotten.

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

I never played Dr. Holmes version of D&D but it was a pivotal version that marked the transition from the original to the two branches of D&D that most of us in my generation know all too well. Godspeed, Dr. Holmes!
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I also never really played/ran Holmes D&D, but his influence on our hobby lives is staggering none-the-less. My good man, you will be missed.

~O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

cuchulainkevin
Ulthal

Re: J Eric Holmes

Post by cuchulainkevin »

I cut my teeth on the Holmes D&D boxed set and never looked back. I can't imagine the number of times I adventured with Mogo the Mighty or Bruno the Battler. Thank you Sir, for opening my mind to a world of adventure.
Ah room zoom zoom, ah room zoom zoom. gilly gilly gilly gilly, gilly ah sa sa. Come through the magic door with me and see the things you never dreamed you'll see.