Players wanted for C&C via Skype + Maptool

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
johnzo

Players wanted for C&C via Skype + Maptool

Post by johnzo »

Hi all--

Is anyone interested in playing C&C online using Skype and Maptool?. I've got some Dungeon Crawl Classics modules here that I'd love to give a spin through C&C.

I'm currently GMing GURPS with Skype + Maptool and the combination is seriously slick. Both tools operate with minimum lag (in my experience anyway), and both are cross-platform. My non-computer-savvy players have had little trouble getting up and running with them. To me, Skype + Maptool feels like it gives 95% of the tabletop experience.

I'm stuck with GURPS with my other group; the players are used to it and don't want to change systems (and they've got kids and lives, so I can't really blame them!) But I'd sure like to get some C&C goodness into my gaming life.

I'm the Pacific timezone (Seattle, to be exact) and I'm open to playing on Mondays, Tuesdays, or Wednesdays. PM or email me or reply here if you're interested.

thanks!

zo.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Welcome johnzo. Man, I'd really like to try Skype, but I think I'm at my limit now with online games. How many hours do you have in mind for the game?

Regards,

Rhu.

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

johnzo

Post by johnzo »

Hours? Probably 3 or so per session, playing biweekly on a weeknight evening. I have to be careful about time commitments as well.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I have been wanting to do this for awhile. I can probably game. What time zone are you in?

Kyle, join this so you can see if we can do it with your game as well.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

johnzo

Post by johnzo »

Hi Treebore--

I'm in Seattle -- just updated my profile to say so.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Cool! I am in AZ, so I will either be the same time as you (like I am right now) or only one hour off when we do the time change again.

I just got a bunch of DCC's at GenCon, but I haven't read any yet (other than DCC 35 and its modules), so do you want to tell me which ones not to read? Or are you going to alter things enough that we don't need to be concerned about it?

I have also played or CKed through DCC 3, 4, 5, and 12. The ones I remember best are Bloody Jack and the Mysterious Tower.

I am good at keeping my mouth shut, if that helps your decision making.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Emryys

Post by Emryys »

I'm in Vancouver and could be interested
I've been a regular at RPTools since the beginning... but haven't really played around with skype

I'd eventually like to run a game using Maptool and GRiP

Been helping with the Maptool feature suggestions, so maybe one day just Maptool

johnzo

Post by johnzo »

I'm thinking DCC#2 looks sharp and has a bunch of things I like in a dungeon. I'll definitely mess with it, though -- adjust the lethality level, which seems high for 1st level guys, and maybe tweak some of the monster types. DCC#2 is a kobold module, and I think there are more interesting monsters to use.

There is also a very very short DCC that was in a recent KODT mag -- that'd be a good shakedown cruise for the tech.

Right now, Tuesday looks like the best day for me. If I can get two or more players for that day, I'll go ahead with it. I'm also going to post at the Goodman Games website and see if I can grab some more folks there.

I'm thinking 09/19 for the first game -- character creation + the short DCC. What do you guys say?

zo.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Hmm, pacific time. Probably means you would start a game after 6 PM EDT or so? That'd be 8 PM, here in central time, right? Might be too late for a 3 hour game. And my experience has been that chat games tend to go longer as the weeks/months progress ('cause it's so much fun and everyone really gets into the gaming!).

johnzo

Post by johnzo »

Rhuvwein:

Yeah, with my day job, the earliest I could start would be 6:00 PM Pacific time. But if you just want to try out Skype, we could have you in for just the introductory little dungeon session, with no ongoing risk or commitment -- like magazines.

Inkpot

Post by Inkpot »

I'm near Seattle (if you call 90 minutes away near) and would love to join this game, but the bi-weekly thing doesn't work for me. I end up forgetting everything by the next game session - even with notes.
Good luck, though! Keep us posted on your progress!!

Ink

C&C: Blissfully devoid of gestalt neko-hin rogue/fighter/mages!!

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

johnzo wrote:
Rhuvwein:

Yeah, with my day job, the earliest I could start would be 6:00 PM Pacific time. But if you just want to try out Skype, we could have you in for just the introductory little dungeon session, with no ongoing risk or commitment -- like magazines.

Hey, that would be great, I really appreciate it!

johnzo

Post by johnzo »

Hey all--

Those of you who are interested in this game, please give me an email at johnzo at johnzo.com so we can start working out the details. Thanks!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

borzoi e-mail sent!