Fantasy Grounds

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
angelius

Fantasy Grounds

Post by angelius »

Has anyone used www.fantasygrounds.com ? I have to say I'm quite impressed by it.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I've tried it, but have no real use for it. Its useful for those who need such a thing, though. Not sure on the price.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Never tried it before, but it has been suggested about a bagajiliion times.

........................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Emryys

Post by Emryys »

Here's the Prices for FG

Here's a list of Virtual Tabletops

Commercial...
Klooge
Fantasy Grounds
ScreenMonkey
BRPG
GRiP

Free...
OpenRPG
RPTools
Gametable

Take a look as they all have advantages and disadvantages....

I can certainly help with GRiP and RPTools, my choice of poisons
I may start a CnC game using a VT like GRiP etc, it would be completely Free for the players. There would be at least one software install, more if the players wanted more sophisticated maps and things...

Would there be any interest?

angelius

Post by angelius »

I like the rolling dice feature on Fantasy Grounds... its cute.

Just wondering, if anyone has had any experience with it. I was very tempted to get it. But then the Collosal Red Dragon is also calling.... argh no $$ but so much to buy.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

angelius wrote:
I like the rolling dice feature on Fantasy Grounds... its cute.

Just wondering, if anyone has had any experience with it. I was very tempted to get it. But then the Collosal Red Dragon is also calling.... argh no $$ but so much to buy.

See? If you were like me and had already bought the Collossal Red Dragon you wouldn't have any excuse to not get it.

Emryss,

Is what your talking about a live chat set up?
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Emryys

Post by Emryys »

Treebore wrote:
Emryss,

Is what your talking about a live chat set up?

Yes
It's like chat with features! The CK can send multi-media to the players as well as a real time map. Check the "What is GRiP" link in my sig. Different VT's have various features, but they all do roughly the same thing

Combat_Kyle
Ulthal

Post by Combat_Kyle »

I would be interested but I am running/playing is almost too many games as it is. Sounds cool though.

-Grikis Valmorgen, Paladin

The beginnings of my homebrew campaign world and info for my play by chat game:
http://kbdekker.googlepages.com/home

BeZurKur
Hlobane Orc

Post by BeZurKur »

I have Fantasy Grounds, but never used it. Instead, I use ScreenMonkey. While Fantasy Grounds is undoubtedly nicer, it also requires the players to have a lesser version of the program. With ScreenMonkey, only the person running the game needs the software.

Emryys

Post by Emryys »

In Fantasy grounds, both the Ref and the players need to buy the software, be it full or lite (player only).

I plan on running my game with both GRiP and use Screen Monkey lite for the mapping. GRiP is in the same vote as only the Ref needs to purchase anything.

SM is nice, but I like the programmable character sheets in GRiP...

angelius

Post by angelius »

In all likelyhood, I'll never use it though. But it is pretty cool.

Now I'm off to try and bargain a good price for the collosal red from my FLGS.