Hello Web Crusaders

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
ShawnG

Hello Web Crusaders

Post by ShawnG »

Hello my name is Shawn and I am a new member of this forum (First Post) I am an old-school gamer, in my case meaning that I used to game when I was in school, but now I'm old. U.S. postage just delivered c&c to me yesterday via amazon.com, and I like the old school mojo of the game! I haven't played a non computer RPG since about 1990, and with my rapidly impending fatherhood, I am unlikely to be able to get into any face to face gaming anytime soon. I was wondering two things:

1: does anybody have any openings in a play by chat game that I could participate in?

2: My past gaming was almost always as the GM, I would like to return to my GM roots as well, but probably would only be able to do that as PBP or PBEM. so I was wondering if anyone would be interested in playing. I have followed some of the games here for the past few days, and have liked what I've seen, since I didn't think that a pbem game could really work. so If anyone is interested let me know!

Combat_Kyle
Ulthal

Post by Combat_Kyle »

I've got a play by chat, and your in lick, they need a thief (read rogue) badly. PM if your interested. WE play every other Sunday at 2PM EST.

-Grikis Valmorgen, Paladin

The beginnings of my homebrew campaign world and info for my play by chat game:
http://kbdekker.googlepages.com/home

meepo

Post by meepo »

Combat_Kyle wrote:
they need a thief (read rogue) badly.

Understatement of the century! How long did it take us to figure out how to investigate that hole? And in the end we pretty much just threw the guy with the most metal on him down there?

Combat_Kyle
Ulthal

Post by Combat_Kyle »

YOu sent the ranger who has the scale ability, but he rolled a 2 on his move silent roll. Whoops.

-Grikis Valmorgen, Paladin

The beginnings of my homebrew campaign world and info for my play by chat game:
http://kbdekker.googlepages.com/home

ShawnG

Post by ShawnG »

I would love to play, but unfortunately the time doesn't work for me. I'm in real estate, and sunday afternoons are always busy. It's a shame, I would really like to be the sneaky one in your campaign!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Wow! A real estate person who works on Sundays. Where were you when I was buying and selling my houses!? I couldn't get hold of the various realtors I fired Friday through Sunday. So I fired them on Monday and hired the next smuck by Monday evening. Went through 4 realtors like that. In about 6 weeks of time.

Nice to know there are realtors still out there who knows what it means to work for a living.

Too bad its keeping you from gaming with us. I like Chat much better than PbP.

Too bad you couldn't just set aside the 3 hours on every other Sunday.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

ShawnG

Post by ShawnG »

I'm not a realtor any more, I work for a builder, so I sit a model home all weekend. Most "real" realtors will work on sundays though, at least here. The ones that won't are the ones who don't need to be real serious, because they have another source of income, or the ones who sell so much they don't have to.

I have a laptop, and wireless, but If someone shows up, I'd have to run and that wouldn't be fair to the group, oh well.

grrrowler39

Post by grrrowler39 »

Combat_Kyle wrote:
YOu sent the ranger who has the scale ability, but he rolled a 2 on his move silent roll. Whoops.

It must have been all the blood
My first trip down the hole went quite well actually, but when you test your luck...
ShawnG wrote:
I have a laptop, and wireless, but If someone shows up, I'd have to run and that wouldn't be fair to the group, oh well.

How often do people show up, and how long do they stick around? I would have no problems with you taking care of business, while we are "taking care of business"

What do you others think?

Master of Animals

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I would find it irritating, but I would deal with it so a fellow gamer could get some kind of gaming in.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

grrrowler39

Re: Hello Web Crusaders

Post by grrrowler39 »

ShawnG wrote:
I was wondering two things:

1: does anybody have any openings in a play by chat game that I could participate in?

Shawn,

We are looking to start a new Play by Chat campaign and would love to have you join.

Master of Animals