A Meeting of Friends PbP (OOC)

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
angelius
Lore Drake
Posts: 1134
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 7:00 am

Post by angelius »

Eibon,

I hope you dont mind me moving the action on without you posting for a bit. I'm assuming Nib's having a good laugh at this.
_________________
Big Iron Vault Your friendly neighbourhood gaming magazine. Check out our new webcomic, The Heindrich Project!

User avatar
Combat_Kyle
Ulthal
Posts: 737
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: St. Paul, MN
Contact:

Post by Combat_Kyle »

Cim and Errol are going to challenge Lars's dedication to his LG alignment many times from what I can tell. Now I remeber why I don't play LG.
_________________
CK the CK
"My goddess touched me at an early age."

-Grikis Valmorgen, Paladin

The beginnings of my homebrew campaign world and info for my play by chat game:
http://kbdekker.googlepages.com/home

PeelSeel2
Ulthal
Posts: 610
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Wayne, NE

Post by PeelSeel2 »

Combat_Kyle wrote:
Cim and Errol are going to challenge Lars's dedication to his LG alignment many times from what I can tell. Now I remeber why I don't play LG.

We are here for a test to your patience and understanding. Maybe you can steer us from our ways.
_________________
Labor to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire called conscience.

-George Washington

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10784
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Post by Rhuvein »

PeelSeel2 wrote:
We are here for a test to your patience and understanding. Maybe you can steer us from our ways.

Haha. Yeah, the gnome rogue doesn't at all understand alignment, he'd be hard pressed to be held to any such classification. But he will be happy to align with wine, women and song . . . oh and mischief making.

Anyway, send some prayers our way and we'll cover yer back!
_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

eibon
Hlobane Orc
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:00 am

Post by eibon »

angelius wrote:
Eibon,

I hope you dont mind me moving the action on without you posting for a bit. I'm assuming Nib's having a good laugh at this.

Not at all, I will get all caught up after about five hours of sleep, sorry for the delay.
_________________
"All that we are destined to behold will reveal itself at the proper time," said Eibon.

--Clark Ashton Smith

angelius
Lore Drake
Posts: 1134
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 7:00 am

Post by angelius »

Cool cool, work's getting you down?
_________________
Big Iron Vault Your friendly neighbourhood gaming magazine. Check out our new webcomic, The Heindrich Project!

angelius
Lore Drake
Posts: 1134
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 7:00 am

Post by angelius »

Rhu,

I need you to make a d20 roll for the following of the stranger....
_________________
Big Iron Vault Your friendly neighbourhood gaming magazine. Check out our new webcomic, The Heindrich Project!

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10784
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Post by Rhuvein »

angelius wrote:
Rhu,

I need you to make a d20 roll for the following of the stranger....

Whoa, my first decent roll - 18. Hopefully, it's enough!
_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

angelius
Lore Drake
Posts: 1134
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 7:00 am

Post by angelius »

The stranger is booting it down the street, so to follow you need to move over 1/2 your movement.

18 -5 (moving over 1/2 move) +1 (dex) +1 (level) = 15
_________________
Big Iron Vault Your friendly neighbourhood gaming magazine. Check out our new webcomic, The Heindrich Project!

angelius
Lore Drake
Posts: 1134
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 7:00 am

Post by angelius »

Okie,

Gonna need a group plan again. Situations changed a little with now an interesting challenge to the shadowing of the stranger...... Post here and we can move on.
_________________
Big Iron Vault Your friendly neighbourhood gaming magazine. Check out our new webcomic, The Heindrich Project!

User avatar
Combat_Kyle
Ulthal
Posts: 737
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: St. Paul, MN
Contact:

Post by Combat_Kyle »

LArs will defer judgement here to the more stealthy types. Otherwise he will follow the party, trying to make as little noise as possible. Here is a Dex check for move silent (no modifiers, straight d20).

Roll 17 (Dex not prime)
_________________
CK the CK
"My goddess touched me at an early age."

-Grikis Valmorgen, Paladin

The beginnings of my homebrew campaign world and info for my play by chat game:
http://kbdekker.googlepages.com/home

angelius
Lore Drake
Posts: 1134
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 7:00 am

Post by angelius »

Okay CK, I'll use that roll if need be. Depends on what the group agrees on. (Since it appears that the group is planning their next move IC) I'll wait on Eibon's post.
_________________
Big Iron Vault Your friendly neighbourhood gaming magazine. Check out our new webcomic, The Heindrich Project!

User avatar
Combat_Kyle
Ulthal
Posts: 737
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: St. Paul, MN
Contact:

Post by Combat_Kyle »

Sounds good. Dwarves should be the last ones considered for a stealth mission. At least in my Saturday night game I am a half-elf rogue. Don't let Lars and Krunx let you think I play nothing but meatshields. (Though they are my favorite types to play).
_________________
CK the CK
"My goddess touched me at an early age."

-Grikis Valmorgen, Paladin

The beginnings of my homebrew campaign world and info for my play by chat game:
http://kbdekker.googlepages.com/home

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10784
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Post by Rhuvein »

"Oops, I did it again" - hehe, I posted IC before looking here, sorry. I guess Errol will continue to pursue the stranger. And since you said the corn is low, I assume we can all see him run through the corn field. Even if we lose him, we should be able to track him, as he's not making any attempt to hide his trail and is running hard, making deep tracks, etc.
_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

PeelSeel2
Ulthal
Posts: 610
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Wayne, NE

Post by PeelSeel2 »

We follow the same plan for pursuit, except keeping the Errol even more in sight than before.
_________________
Labor to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire called conscience.

-George Washington

eibon
Hlobane Orc
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:00 am

Post by eibon »

I sort of felt that splitting up might be effective, but we can keep an eye on Errol and scout out the surrounding territory/ look for a possible place to set up surveillance. Whatever we decide, I feel that rushing the thug is a bad idea.
_________________
"All that we are destined to behold will reveal itself at the proper time," said Eibon.

--Clark Ashton Smith

angelius
Lore Drake
Posts: 1134
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 7:00 am

Post by angelius »

Okay, I'm going to need another move silently check from Errol since the conditions have changed from city streets to a harder attempt.

Also I will assume that the rest of the party is keeping an eye on Errol which they can do quite easily in the open like this.

For reference how far is the party from Errol?
_________________
Big Iron Vault Your friendly neighbourhood gaming magazine. Check out our new webcomic, The Heindrich Project!

PeelSeel2
Ulthal
Posts: 610
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Wayne, NE

Post by PeelSeel2 »

In the field, we will try being a football field? In the forest, probably around a city block?
_________________
Labor to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire called conscience.

-George Washington

angelius
Lore Drake
Posts: 1134
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 7:00 am

Post by angelius »

Okay sounds good to me. Just waiting on Rhu to make a roll.

Keep in mind that the distance between the cornfield and the forest edge is about a mile or so of a grass field. By grassfield I mean, 2 inch high grass.
_________________
Big Iron Vault Your friendly neighbourhood gaming magazine. Check out our new webcomic, The Heindrich Project!

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10784
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Post by Rhuvein »

Ackk! Move silently roll = 1(+1) = 2.
Errol must have stepped on some chickens or something.
_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

PeelSeel2
Ulthal
Posts: 610
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Wayne, NE

Post by PeelSeel2 »

Looks like we may just have to pursue him then!
_________________
Labor to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire called conscience.

-George Washington

angelius
Lore Drake
Posts: 1134
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 7:00 am

Post by angelius »

Errol rolls:

2 + 1(dex) - 5(moving fast) - 2 (circumstance environmental) = -4
_________________
Big Iron Vault Your friendly neighbourhood gaming magazine. Check out our new webcomic, The Heindrich Project!

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10784
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Post by Rhuvein »

angelius wrote:
Errol rolls:

2 + 1(dex) - 5(moving fast) - 2 (circumstance environmental) = -4

Uggh. I put my dex bonus in above, so I guess the net is -5!
_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

angelius
Lore Drake
Posts: 1134
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 7:00 am

Post by angelius »

Okay here's the situation.

I'd like to call for initiative for now.

Errol you're about just beyond charge distance from the stranger. Say about 80ft or so.

Everyone else you're 300ft from the stranger.

Everyone else if your choice is to stay hidden I will need hide checks (you will get big bonuses for cover (cornfield) and distance)...

Otherwise I will start taking actions in initiative order. for now.

ps. Lets do all the crunchy stuff in here!
_________________
Big Iron Vault Your friendly neighbourhood gaming magazine. Check out our new webcomic, The Heindrich Project!

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10784
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Post by Rhuvein »

angelius wrote:
Errol continues to follow the stranger with his companions not far behind!

As the stranger breaks through the edge of the cornfield and enters the grassfield, he looks around as if scanning for some sign of presence. Satisfied he continues forward at a quicker pace.

Errol, you continue your stalking well into the grassfield for a minute or so as quietly as you can. Your companions are just at the edge of the cornfield and you are about a 300ft ahead of them very low to the ground.

Suddenly, the stranger stops! It looks like he dropped his map on the ground. Taken by suprise mid-step you try to pause but as you do so you step backwards on a dry twig you had noticed before but had forgotten about in your efforts to not be noticed...and it snaps!

The stranger quickly turns around and spots you in the bright moon light!

"Sooo...we meet again, friend. Where are your friends gnome? Did they get tired of your smell and leave? You still owe me for that slight back at the tavern. No one will see me get my just desserts but it will fill me nonetheless!"

With that he draws his longsword!

Hehe, very nice! I'll have to digest this for just a bit and then post.
_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10784
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Post by Rhuvein »

Rolls a 7 for initiative.
_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

angelius
Lore Drake
Posts: 1134
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 7:00 am

Post by angelius »

Rhu,

If your companions can hide successfully (which they would likely be able to since the stranger is "only" human.) you will be able to successfully convince him that you're alone.

I won't ask for a CHA check because I think that it would be really easy to convince him that you're alone IF your friends can hide, barrinig any catastrophic rolls. :p
_________________
Big Iron Vault Your friendly neighbourhood gaming magazine. Check out our new webcomic, The Heindrich Project!

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10784
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Post by Rhuvein »

angelius wrote:
Rhu,

If your companions can hide successfully (which they would likely be able to since the stranger is "only" human.) you will be able to successfully convince him that you're alone.

I won't ask for a CHA check because I think that it would be really easy to convince him that you're alone IF your friends can hide, barrinig any catastrophic rolls. :p

Thanks Mr. CK. Hopefully, Rhu can pull off a ruse!
_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

PeelSeel2
Ulthal
Posts: 610
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Wayne, NE

Post by PeelSeel2 »

If we need to make a hide roll mine is 7+0=7 total. Even a Human couldn't miss this ugly visage in moonlight?
_________________
Labor to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire called conscience.

-George Washington

angelius
Lore Drake
Posts: 1134
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 7:00 am

Post by angelius »

That's not catastropic enough to fail.
If anyone rolls a 1, I might even think about the modifiers.... hehe

360+ feet is really far to see at night, hidden in a cornfield with a gnome rogue in your face with a broadsword... hmm..... lol...
_________________
Big Iron Vault Your friendly neighbourhood gaming magazine. Check out our new webcomic, The Heindrich Project!

Post Reply