A Meeting of Friends PbP (OOC)

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
angelius

A Meeting of Friends PbP (OOC)

Post by angelius »

Hello everyone, so for those that are in this PbP. Namely, Rhuv, CKyle, PeelS and Eibon. Here's the basic principles for now.

1. Stats are six rolls of straight 3d6's. If you don't have a stat above 13 then you can re-roll all six rolls. (Meaning you can't keep the ones you like and ditch the crappy ones.)

2. We'll try to move the game along on a good pace. That usually means if everyone has posted at least once, I'll move the story on.

3. Combat is going to be sticky and we'll play that one by ear I guess.

4. Standard rules of posting:

"..." - Talk out loud

Italics - thought

normal type - actions.

5. No dual/multi-classing.

6. Everyone starts with standard gold and start with 0XP at level 1.

7. Max HPs at level 1.

8. Last rule - have fun! I'm not much a sticker for rules etc. But I do try to be as consistent as possible. And lets face it, I'm an addict and I need my CK fix daily! haha

When everyone has their characters posted up here, we can start!

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Hey hey, angelius. Thanks and I'll get started on a character!

Looking forward to the game!!!

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

angelius

Post by angelius »

Me too!

Combat_Kyle
Ulthal

Post by Combat_Kyle »

I am rolling up a cleric, what pantheon are you using, or can I select my own god?

-Grikis Valmorgen, Paladin

The beginnings of my homebrew campaign world and info for my play by chat game:
http://kbdekker.googlepages.com/home

Combat_Kyle
Ulthal

Post by Combat_Kyle »

Just rolled stats, they were really good for 3d6, until the last roll.

10, 15, 13, 16, 9, 7

Here is the character:

Name: Lars Bloodsheath

Race: Dwarf

Class: Cleric

Alignment: NG/LN (depends on diety he serves)

Level: 1

HP: 10

AC:

Attributes:

Str: 16 +2 *

Dex: 9 (racial mod, put 10-1=9)

Con: 16 +2 (racial mod, put 15+1=16)

Wis: 13 +1 *

Int: 9

Cha: 7 -1

Starting gold: 180gp

*Denotes Prime

Appearence: Lars has long, coal-black hair and beard. He takes great pride in his mighty beard and will question any dwarf who lack such a magnificent piece of hair. He is 4'1", 185lbs and has dark green eyes.

I will write up a more detailed description after I select I deity. Perferably Lars will serve a god of law and or war. He is very strict and devote in his ritualsvery and is ccritical of others when they stray from the path of righteousness. He does this not with his charm (he has none) but rather with the business end of a hammer most times. He has been know to say "A punch on the chin, keeps ye away from sin!"

PeelSeel2
Ulthal

Post by PeelSeel2 »

I hopefully add mine tonight. I may play a Wizard or theif.

-George Washington

PeelSeel2
Ulthal

Post by PeelSeel2 »

Cim Ena

Human Wizard

Level 1

HP: 2

Str 7 -1

Con 5 -2

Dex 9

* Int 15 +1

* Wis 11

* Cha 10

Spells:

Sleep

Magic Missile

Read Magic

Shield

I will flesh out Equipment later

-George Washington

eibon

Post by eibon »

I will be posting moves for my game and posting a character in yours later on today.

--Clark Ashton Smith

angelius

Post by angelius »

CKyle:

Well in my Lykarnia Campaign, there are dozens of pantheons
It's very low magic, sword and sorcery. Think Conan and all it's Gods etc.

So feel free to pick a pantheon for yourself!
Dwarves in general in my campaign follow "Grimmar the Ironhanded"...dwarven god of steel. (which can be law/war)

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

I'm thinking gnome thief or bard. eibon, if you have any particular preference for either of these, I'll choose the other!

angelius

Post by angelius »

Just to get a feel of my style and the world that I set my games in feel free to check out my site below. It has a lot of entries and stuff under "journals" to get a feel of the world.

Notice that dwarves and elves are rarely encountered. The way I see it, us humans have such a short life span compared to them that we reproduced so much faster and exponentially faster relative to the dwarves and elves that we're viruses and push them to the edges of the world.

So if you're one of those races expect to some "prejudice" and biases against your race. Halflings on the other hand are just mostly ignored. :p

angelius

Post by angelius »

I'm actually also starting a new site , www.lykarnia.com which is an atlas of sorts....thats going to take a while to finish. I just need a place to store all my profantasy maps
Also on another note, the game is based on the assumption that the PCs are heroic and you are all old friends.

Combat_Kyle
Ulthal

Post by Combat_Kyle »

PeelSeel2 wrote:
Cim Ena

Human Wizard

Level 1

HP: 2

Str 7 -1

Con 5 -2

Dex 9

* Int 15 +1

* Wis 11

* Cha 10

Spells:

Sleep

Magic Missile

Read Magic

Shield

I will flesh out Equipment later

Brave man, playing a wizard with a negative con modifier.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

angelius wrote:
Just to get a feel of my style and the world that I set my games in feel free to check out my site below. It has a lot of entries and stuff under "journals" to get a feel of the world.

Notice that dwarves and elves are rarely encountered. The way I see it, us humans have such a short life span compared to them that we reproduced so much faster and exponentially faster relative to the dwarves and elves that we're viruses and push them to the edges of the world.

So if you're one of those races expect to some "prejudice" and biases against your race. Halflings on the other hand are just mostly ignored. :p

Heh, are gnomes OK then in your campaign world?

eibon

Post by eibon »

Rhuvein wrote:
I'm thinking gnome thief or bard. eibon, if you have any particular preference for either of these, I'll choose the other!

No preference here, I could make an elven bard or a gnome of either flavor. Flip for it?

--Clark Ashton Smith

angelius

Post by angelius »

Yeah any of the races are OK.

Just saying there's a prevelance of racism. But since this is just a simple PbP i dont think i would worry about it.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

eibon wrote:
No preference here, I could make an elven bard or a gnome of either flavor. Flip for it?

OK good, then I'll go gnome thief then.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

angelius wrote:
Yeah any of the races are OK.

Just saying there's a prevelance of racism. But since this is just a simple PbP i dont think i would worry about it.

Great, thanks.

Combat_Kyle
Ulthal

Post by Combat_Kyle »

Ok we have a thief, cleric and wizard, just need a fighter for a classic party! Hint hint Ebion....

eibon

Post by eibon »

Working on it, be back with you shortly!

--Clark Ashton Smith

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Errol Talaviir
Male gnome rogue
Chaotic good

Eyes: Green

Hair: Blonde

Height: 3' 10"

STR 5 (-2)

DEX 13 (+1) Prime

CON 10

INT 13 (+1) Prime

WIS 9

CHA 11
AC 13 (+2+1)
HPs 6

Movement - 20ft.

Armor - leather

Shield - buckler

Helm - leather
Weapons:

Broad Sword 2D4

Short Bow 1D6

Dagger 1D4
Spells:

Dancing lights

Ghost sounds

Prestidigitation
Racial traits & abilities:

Animal empathy

Combat expertise (vs. goblins & kobolds)

Dark vision

Enhanced hearing

spells
Class abilities:

Cant

Climb

Decipher script

Hide

Listen

Move silently

Open lock

Pick pocket

Traps
Equipment:

Rogue's tool kit

rations

diggery-do
Languages:

gnome

common

dwarf

elf

goblin

kobold
Background:

Errol is a high spirited, fun loving rock gnome with a penchant for playing tricks on humans. He enjoys good ale, food and wenching. Friendly and interested in all races, very curious about the world and likes a good lock or trap challenge. The gnome thief has blond hair, blue eyes w/large nose. He will don fancy hats for parties.

Errol comes from a large clan of miners deep in the forest hills. His mother is a druid and father is a ranger. He has no interest in mining, but does love gems. His uncle, a famous adventurer inspired Errol to go out and see the world.

angelius

Post by angelius »

LOL great PC Rhu, I can see who the troublemaker will be!
Oh one more thing...

Just so you guys know, I'm going to print out everyones sheet so that I can make spot checks "behind the screen" and send out PMs to those that pass.

eibon

Post by eibon »

I asked my girlfriend to roll the dice for me because I was to scared to not roll 4d6 and drop the lowest and she was unconcerned. And yes, I want Int over Con as a Prime because I don't want to just be a sword swinging lunatic. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
Name: Gnybaro Zhaun
Race: Human
Class: Fighter
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Ht. 5'6" Wt: 135lbs
Deities: Intelligent elemental beings
Level: 1
Exp: 0

Attributes: (* prime)

Str 15 *

Dex 1 3 *

Con 10

Int 11 *

Wis 9

Cha 9

Languages: Common, Goblin

HP: 10

AC: 15 (studded leather +3, +1 Dex, +1 Small Steel Shield)

Weapon Specialization: Short Sword

Equipment:

Studded Leather armor

Small Steel Shield

Normal Helm

Dagger x2

Sap

Sling

Whetstone

Short Sword (with scabbards)

Armor and weapon oil

Backpack

Belt pouch small

2 weeks rations

Waterskin

Flask of oil x2

Hooded lantern

Tinder box

Bedroll

Soft Boots

Belt

Tunic

Cloak

Incense stick x2

EV: 31 (light load)

16gp, 4cp

Appearence: Gnybaro (Nib) is a slight fellow, looking rather average and non-descript, except that is is a bit short for the average human, having unruly light brown hair worn to the shoulder with long bangs and wild, emerald green eyes. He wears darker clothing; cloak, tunic, gloves, boots and armor all being of darker reds, blues, greens and browns.

Background: This novice fighter was born and raised in Stadazlakia, a far off town nestled on the edge of a steep and brutal mountain range. Nibs father was a great warrior who took part in a brutal war to keep a frost giant horde from decimating Stadazlakia and the surrounding farms and settlements. After this war he settled into the life of a jewelry and amulet merchant (funded mostly from his heroics and some plundered loot), took a wife and had Gnybaro and then two daughters. Now that Nib has come of age and has been trained as a fighter he has struck out do to prove himself, to make his father proud and to bring news and tales of strange lands and monsters back to his homeland.

Personality: Nib is chaotic at heart, seeking adventure and new experiences. He was glad to get away from the rigid rules and laws of Stadazlakia, but he is still devout to the elemental beings worshipped in that land, to whom he prays and burns incense from time to time. As his homeland is on the border of wilder and more vicious realms, his people have had alliances with some goblinoid tribes, which he holds no contempt for, and has yet to learn that this is not a generally accepted mentality nor safe away from Stadazlakia.

--Clark Ashton Smith

angelius

Post by angelius »

Hi if it is not too much to ask can you guys give total Encumbrance Value carried and EV in a bag.

angelius

Post by angelius »

Oh and another thing. When we start I hope you guys don't mind me sending out private "motivations". You can ask each other, but the other player is not under obligation to answer.

I usually do this for my real life players too for the first session, just to give the party direction. I will of course take in consideration everyone's background.

Emryys

Post by Emryys »

angelius wrote:
I'm actually also starting a new site , www.lykarnia.com which is an atlas of sorts....thats going to take a while to finish. I just need a place to store all my profantasy maps

Nice stuff! I'll be following....

PeelSeel2
Ulthal

Post by PeelSeel2 »

Cim Ena

Male Human Wizard

Alignment Lawful Neutral

Level 1

HP: 4

Str 7 -1

Con 10

Dex 9

* Int 15 +1

* Wis 11

* Cha 5 -2

Spells:

**Sleep

Magic Missile

Read Magic

*Shield

Weapons:

Staff 1d6 4ev

Dagger 1d4 1ev

Equipment:

Travel Clothes 2(w) ev

Spell Book 4 ev

Backpack 2(w) ev

Belt pouch, small

Belt pouch, spell component. 1(w) ev

Languages:

Common

Deformed and ugly of face, Cin had to learn at an early age to deal with peoples reactions to him. Despite being revolting, he has gone far. The son of a common farmer he got an opportunity from his Lord to goto a University. At the university he had the opportunity to study under a Mage who took a liking to him and taught him his craft. Now he is out seeking his fortune in the world. He has learned to wear a mask. Coupled with a deep cowl on his cloak, which he never throws back, he is able to move about in normal society without too much trouble.

-George Washington

angelius

Post by angelius »

Cool thanks Peel!

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

angelius wrote:
Hi if it is not too much to ask can you guys give total Encumbrance Value carried and EV in a bag.

No, not too much at all. In fact, it'll give me a reason to re-look at the EV rules as modified in the 2nd print. So far, I've ignored them completely and have just been using common sense.

I would expect my character to be well within limitations (since he doesn't have anymore $ to buy anything! ).

PMs will be great, no problemo!

angelius

Post by angelius »

I'm going with 1st printing EV since I don't have the 2nd print. It's just to make sure that the EV penalities are imposed and what not. Although, all it takes is just dropping your sack in a battle :p