Introduction Thread -- Say Hi!

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Emperor Xan

Post by Emperor Xan »

Lurker wrote:
Welcome

Some old games there I haven't thought of in years.....

Good luck with the books & college

Thanks! I'm not too worried about school, though.
I try not to let my games go away...lol

I forgot to mention that my favorite creatures of all time were the modrons...lol

Kinda makes sense when you consider Cosmos Builder, eh?

xyanthon

Post by xyanthon »

I figured it was about time that I came over to the Troll Lords boards and said hello. I recognize some names from some other boards I frequent. Anyways, a little about me: My name is Johnathan Bingham but I go by John. I started playing 1e AD&D around 1984 or so but had been interested and aware of it for a couple of years before that. One of my hobbies is collecting RPGs and much to my wife's dismay, I have a rather sizeable collection. I am mostly interested in fantasy RPgs although I do like supers and also have pretty much been getting everything TSR put out back in the day. I've got quite a few of Troll Lord's products and they have been a particular favorite of mine.

My other main passion is doing fantasy artwork. I also am doing some work for Expeditious Retreat Press for their Advanced Adventure Line with my first work appearing in their upcoming release "Curse of the Witch Head".

I currently live in Okinawa, Japan but will be moving to Vicenza, Italy in the near future. Thanks for reading and I look foreward to joining the Crusade!

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

We would welcome you to the ranks of the Crusaders. Please, feel free to join the movement.

...............................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Hi Xyanthon & welcome.

I assume you are in the Army, currently in Oki & going to Vicenze. I spent 3 years in Vicenza & loved it. Enjoy all the agratarizmos & Vino! Rome is OK but go to Florence every chance you get IMHO...

Enjoy the crusades.

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Welcome xyanthon!

Enjoy the game! 8)

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

xyanthon

Post by xyanthon »

Thanks for the welcome all!

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Welcome to the Crusade Xyanthon.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

rabindranath72

Post by rabindranath72 »

Lurker wrote:
I spent 3 years in Vicenza & loved it. Enjoy all the agratarizmos & Vino!

That's "Agriturismo" To explain to non-Italians, these are kind of inns/hotels/restaurants set in the countryland, far from the cities and traffic, where one can heat local, home-made foods. A nice invention, indeed.

Lucky you are going in Italy! I so miss it...I had to move in UK for work
If you have a chance, go to Napoli, one of the most beautiful cities in the world (yes, I am biased, I am from Napoli )

Cheers,

Antonio

Nifelhein

Post by Nifelhein »

Be welcome to the Crusade Xyanthon! 8)
"We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men; and among those fibers, as sympathetic threads, our actions run as causes, and they come back to us as effects." - Attributed to Herman Melville.

Gelatinous Q

Post by Gelatinous Q »

My name is John, 36, live in Pittsburgh, PA. I have an M.F.A. in writing, and, unlike most M.F.A.-holders, actually earn a living by writing (ad copy, unfortunately -- not the Great American Novel). Married, with two large dogs. Wife is training to be a sommelier.

I played AD&D from circa '80 until '88, but haven't gamed on pen and paper since. I'm eager to return to FRPGs, and, from what I've seen, C&C is closest by far to the spirit and texture of 1e. Have been reading piecemeal through the PH, and can't wait to get started ... if I could only find a gaming group.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Gelatinous Q wrote:
My name is John, 36, live in Pittsburgh, PA. I have an M.F.A. in writing, and, unlike most M.F.A.-holders, actually earn a living by writing (ad copy, unfortunately -- not the Great American Novel). Married, with two large dogs. Wife is training to be a sommelier.

I played AD&D from circa '80 until '88, but haven't gamed on pen and paper since. I'm eager to return to FRPGs, and, from what I've seen, C&C is closest by far to the spirit and texture of 1e. Have been reading piecemeal through the PH, and can't wait to get started ... if I could only find a gaming group.

Welcome to the Crusade. I would think finding a group in Pittsburgh wouldn't be to hard.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Nifelhein

Post by Nifelhein »

Welcome to the crusade!
"We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men; and among those fibers, as sympathetic threads, our actions run as causes, and they come back to us as effects." - Attributed to Herman Melville.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Welcome, Gelatinous Q.

Enjoy the game!

Dristram

Post by Dristram »

Hey Gelatinous Q, you're in my age group ( I just turned 37). Welcome to the Crusade!

phantos

Post by phantos »

I do not recall ever introducing myself properly here....

Hi, diggin' on the C&C lately. I am mostly a OD&D & 1E guy.

I like long walks on the beach by moonlight.. etc. (and lotsa bourbon.)

cheers.

Dristram

Post by Dristram »

phantos wrote:

cheers.
Heh, welcome fellow old-skooler!

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

phantos wrote:

cheers.

Howdy phantos. Welcome to the Crusade.

Here's to ya - *holds up a glass of Maker's Mark*! Clink.

Wolfram_Stout
Mist Elf

Post by Wolfram_Stout »

Hi,

I finally bought C&C after reading tons about it. Ran across the forum here. You guys seem great.

I am finding I really like C&C, hope to play or run it some day (no real gaming group right now..life/wives/and kids...you know).

So a glass of a good dark stout beer to you all.

Regards,

Wolfram Stout

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Wolfram_Stout wrote:
Hi,

I finally bought C&C after reading tons about it. Ran across the forum here. You guys seem great.

I am finding I really like C&C, hope to play or run it some day (no real gaming group right now..life/wives/and kids...you know).

So a glass of a good dark stout beer to you all.

Regards,

Wolfram Stout

Thanks and welcome, wolfram! Glad to have you with us.

A glass of stout is always a good thing when "being" and having "life/wives (more than one, hehe)/and kids!!!

Hope it all comes together and you can get a C&C game going.

Enjoy!!

Nifelhein

Post by Nifelhein »

Welcome to the Crusade, Wolfram, that your games be chivalrous!

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

And we raise a glass back to you fine sir, and appreciate your joining the ranks. With mead in one hand and steel in the other, how ever could we be defeated? May your days of adventure forever be glorious!

ONWARD!!!

................................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Welcome to the Crusade Wolfram. May your cup ever be full, your sword ever sharp, and your enemies dead at your feet.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Beyondthebreach

Post by Beyondthebreach »

Howdy Everyone,

The name is Paul and I just recently decided to check out the Troll Lord forums. I actually just joined a new C&C Campaign which marks my return to playing a Role Playing Game after a 16 year lay off . . .
Anyway, I decided to buy the C&C boxed rules set as a Christmas gift to myself, and, wouldn't you know it, a Dragonsfoot member posted they were starting a C&C Campaign in Rochester, NY (where I live). I've been very impressed with the C&C rules - they are just what I was looking for: Very similar to 1st edition with all the changes that I thought would be an improvement on the existing rules.
I found myself wandering over to the Troll Lord forums searching for an answer to the dilemma I am soon to face with my multi-class Dwarven Cleric/Fighter (he is only 1st/1st level now). Geez, all I wanted was an official errata - the only thing I see has them way overpowered . . . I can see that there are no easy answers to this one yet by backtracking through some old posts. I just ordered a Crusader #4, so maybe that will give me some thoughts to propose to my DM . . . er, CK, that is!

I've been around RPGs again in recent years. No official contributions, but I've been reselling quite extensively, worked as the moderator for the Acaeum VB, wrote their condition guidelines and I've got some other projects up my sleeve . . .

I guess that's about it for now. 8)

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Welcome BTB.

......................................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!

Orpheus
Ulthal

Post by Orpheus »

Willkommen!

Telhawk
Hlobane Orc

Greetings to the Resident Population

Post by Telhawk »

Hello, everyone.

Don't want to eat up too much of the gang's time, so I'll make this quick:

I've been involved with RPGs - starting off with AD&D, natch - for closing on thirty years, and, along with Jungger (who is me bro ), became very disenchanted with WotC's version/s of D&D when we finally got the family and friends together to actually play the thing. Years of anticipation went down the drain...and then Jungger (feels weird to be referring to him as such) sent the flare up: "Is there ANY way of recapturing the essence of AD&D?"

Thanking all the little angels above, we were directed to this game, and this site, by Rigon...and the results have been nothing short of superb. We - Jungger, myself and our other brother - got together for our first game last week, and we couldn't have asked for better. I've contacted the FLGS for all the C&C stuff they can locate, and it looks as though our gaming library will be a little more complete come week's end.

Went on a bit longer than I had intended, but it has been such a damned relief to find that we weren't alone with our D&D 3.X disenchantment. Fair warning: I will be posting here a fair bit, so watch yourselves.
Great to be here, and just one quick question: If I need to ask the estimable Mr. Gygax a question, what would be the best venue on this site to do so?

All best, and talk to the gang soon.

Nifelhein

Post by Nifelhein »

Welcome to the crusade, Tellawk.

Omote
Battle Stag

Re: Greetings to the Resident Population

Post by Omote »

Telhawk wrote:
Great to be here, and just one quick question: If I need to ask the estimable Mr. Gygax a question, what would be the best venue on this site to do so?

Welcome, Crusader!

As for asking Mr. Gygax a question, you could ask in the Lejendary Adventures forum or the Castle Zagyg forum which he seems to frequent every now and again.

................................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!

Telhawk
Hlobane Orc

Post by Telhawk »

Muchos arigato, Omote. I hope that a question or two isn't pushing the limits of propriety; just a couple of things I had in mind and wanted to ask The Man about.

One more thing for the general population here, although I have no doubt this subject has been discussed ad infinitum by this point: Is there any ballpark estimate as to when the Castle Keeper's Guide will be released on an unsuspecting world? I'm wildly curious to see how the options and suggestions that are hinted at on the Products page turn out.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Re: Greetings to the Resident Population

Post by Tadhg »

Telhawk wrote:
Hello, everyone.

Don't want to eat up too much of the gang's time, so I'll make this quick:

I've been involved with RPGs - starting off with AD&D, natch - for closing on thirty years, and, along with Jungger (who is me bro ), became very disenchanted with WotC's version/s of D&D when we finally got the family and friends together to actually play the thing. Years of anticipation went down the drain...and then Jungger (feels weird to be referring to him as such) sent the flare up: "Is there ANY way of recapturing the essence of AD&D?"

Thanking all the little angels above, we were directed to this game, and this site, by Rigon...and the results have been nothing short of superb. We - Jungger, myself and our other brother - got together for our first game last week, and we couldn't have asked for better. I've contacted the FLGS for all the C&C stuff they can locate, and it looks as though our gaming library will be a little more complete come week's end.

Went on a bit longer than I had intended, but it has been such a damned relief to find that we weren't alone with our D&D 3.X disenchantment. Fair warning: I will be posting here a fair bit, so watch yourselves.

All best, and talk to the gang soon.

Great post and welcome! Glad to have you with us.
[Rigon is a righteous and excellent dude and is sometimes known as Mr. C&C! ]