printing error in my new phb!

Where Crusaders Gather to Discuss C&C, games they are playing, hook up for conventions and more.
anonymous

printing error in my new phb!

Post by anonymous »

my nice new version 4 player handbook has a rather badly damaged page or two, caused during printing (i can tell as ive studied printing n publishing, plus it was still sealed in film so not a shop issue), this is rather annoying as i paid the cash expecting a quality book. anyone else had similar problems? and how did you solve them? do troll lord exchange damaged books? im in scotland though which maybe a problem.

Deogolf
Lore Drake

Re: printing error in my new phb!

Post by Deogolf »

p1fx wrote:
my nice new version 4 player handbook has a rather badly damaged page or two, caused during printing (i can tell as ive studied printing n publishing, plus it was still sealed in film so not a shop issue), this is rather annoying as i paid the cash expecting a quality book. anyone else had similar problems? and how did you solve them? do troll lord exchange damaged books? im in scotland though which maybe a problem.

Alert Steve or Peter and they should be able to help you out!

Be sure to check out Jim's artwork for sale:
http://jimhollowayart.com/id5.html

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

If the book is damaged, contact the troll lords. They are really good about making things right.

and nope, got both my books in good order.

Baron Grignak Hammerhand of the Pacifica Provinces-

High Warden of the Castles & Crusades Society
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Seen a lot of PHBs in my time, never seen a printing error like you described. Call the Troll Lords. They'll fix the issue.

~O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

anonymous

Post by anonymous »

what so i should just email them? i bought it in my local game store not direct off troll lord, and like i said im in scotland, will that pose problems?

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I would start off by e-mailing troll@trolllord.com

Make the subject line something noticable like "HELP-MY PHB IS DAMAGED!!!" or something like that. Include all of your information and ask how this problem can be corrected.

Hopefully, one of the Troll Guys will also notice this thread and get the word across to the proper people.

Good luck!

~O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

anonymous

Post by anonymous »

The error is more prominent on one page , d in spell descriptions, its a page which has been creased when loaded into the press and so is still creased and weakened in the book, if smoothed out it would be weaker, mis shaped and the print would become gappy due to it been put on top of the creases. not a major problem like binding but still rather annoying

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

This is obviously a flaw in the product and I don't expect there would be any problems in getting that exchanged. The Trolls don't always respond very quick but when they do, I expect you'll be very satisfied. Another good thing about posting in this thread here. You may want to register as a user on the boards too )as opposed to just 'Guest' ... if someone notices this thread first, it might help speed up contact and resolution if they can PM you.

As for the printing -- the hardbacks are currently printed via a third party and I expect it's a fairly isolated incident. It does suck you had to be the one to get that particular copy though.

Good luck!

M

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

I'll second that.

the Trolls are good people and I'm sure they'll replace it if you just ask.

email troll at trolllord.com and orders at trolllord dot com.
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

You might also sending "troll lord" a private message via the forums. I tend to have better luck reaching them that way than via email.

Baron of the Pitt
Castles & Crusades Society
The Dungeoneering Dad