Domesday Book - Vol.3, Issue 5 is now AVAILABLE!

Where Crusaders Gather to Discuss C&C, games they are playing, hook up for conventions and more.
moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Domesday Book - Vol.3, Issue 5 is now AVAILABLE!

Post by moriarty777 »

Hey folks,

I thought I'd pass on the news here and inform you guys that, after a long absence, the new issue of the Domesday is here!

Here is the link to the file (remember to right-click for the option to save it for those using windows):

http://www.ccsociety.arcanacreations.co ... ay3-05.pdf

To those responsible for managing the files on the Ning site and the CNCSocitey.Org site, feel free to grab a copy to host on other sites. I'm doing this just before running off to work otherwise I'd track down the email and send it to you directly.

Oh... and I've just setup the Arcana Creations page off of Facebook. Check it out!

www.facebook.com/arcanacreations

M

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Domesday Book - Vol.3, Issue 5 is now AVAILABLE!

Post by Julian Grimm »

Very nice! I'm glad to see this back!
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Julian Grimm wrote:Very nice! I'm glad to see this back!

Rgr on that!!! Great stuff, especially the medieval economics. That will fit my home brew world perfectly!
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Of course, this means I have to start writing something for Domesday VI now. I have a couple ideas but need to get them going.
Lord Skystorm

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

WOOT!
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

Volomyre
Ungern

Post by Volomyre »

Very nice.
Thanks to all involved.

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

I had teh privelige of profraeding this isuue and so i gots to reed it a few days ago...
It's really very good!

(yes, the typos are a joke)
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

ArgoForg
Red Cap

Post by ArgoForg »

It definitely looks very sleek, very slick and very professional. Kinda like an RPG Maserati. Helluva job, alla youse writer types, editorial and layout peeps!! :mrgreen:
- "I just happen to prefer games where the GM actually has final say on rules and is not just the wall to roll dice off to decide what happens."

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

Any chance that you could put-out a grey scale version of the book? (With possibly a cover for the back and front) It'd be easier to print-off than the coloured version.
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Relaxo wrote:I had teh privelige of profraeding this isuue and so i gots to reed it a few days ago...
It's really very good!

(yes, the typos are a joke)

Typos, what typos ??? that simply looks like some of my first drafts ... :?

Which explains why I will NEVER be a proofreader!!!! (and my wife hates editing so many of my papers! ;)
Of course, this means I have to start writing something for Domesday VI now. I have a couple ideas but need to get them going.
JG, rgr there, Like I said Friday, it kills me that I didn't have anything for you on this one. I will have to find some spare time between papers to put something together for you all before the next one!
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Sir Ironside wrote:Any chance that you could put-out a grey scale version of the book? (With possibly a cover for the back and front) It'd be easier to print-off than the coloured version.
I know I could easily pull of something like this but if the intent is to print, will the margins 'as-is' present a problem for you? Optionally, I know some PDF programs allow you to print from color to greyscale and it can even scale it down to ensure the printer will print the complete page (some inkjets for example won't print straight to the edge).

Come to think of it, maybe I need to do this 'right'. I can re-compile a print-friendly version within the next day or two which means it will be even 'friendlier' for those who are ink and toner conscientious. Sound good? Likely the colored blue bar on the side (the contents) won't be a solid panel anymore but rather an outline. Same goes for the black panel at the head of all the pages, I'd probably change it to a shade of grey (but I'll play around to see what's best). I'd probably have to remove the filter I used for the art on the first page as well. In other words, not much work with the tools I currently use. I just need a bit of time to get to it.

As for a front / back cover is concerned, I haven't given it much thought to be honest -- Let me think about it. I do have a question for everyone who grabbed (or will grab) a copy of the new Domesday: how many of you will print it?

In any event, I'll let you guys know once a print-friendly version is done.

M

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Looks good. Nice to see the fan base surging once more.

I may contribute again down the line.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

On the subject of printing them, I had not thought about it much before but a printer friendly version would be a good thing. I also have thought about the possibility of placing a few of the volumes together to be sold, at cost, on LULU in a compilation form similar to what Fight On has done with past issues. Of course, that is down the road and I am not sure if the first four Domesdays could be compiled together.
Lord Skystorm

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Julian Grimm wrote:On the subject of printing them, I had not thought about it much before but a printer friendly version would be a good thing. I also have thought about the possibility of placing a few of the volumes together to be sold, at cost, on LULU in a compilation form similar to what Fight On has done with past issues. Of course, that is down the road and I am not sure if the first four Domesdays could be compiled together.
My plan was to compile a year's worth starting with issue 5. The feature article also is being broken in 4 parts so which means the entire article would be complete in one volume. Sort of a Domesday annual. I figure that we can safely get about 12 pages worth of material very newsletter so it could result in a nice perfect bound volume for the bookshelf. This is also why I'm committed to the idea of doing the layout and editing for at least the next 3 issues to complete a year (cycle).

Of course, I'm not a big fan of Lulu but when the time comes, where it gets printed is a minor detail. Bottom line is that it would be at cost and that's assuming people are interested in such a project.

As for the original 4 issues, at one point, I had looked into it and possibly including original issue 5 material which never got released several months ago. I only have the actual PDFs which make the endeavor so much more time consuming. It is possible to an extent -- not so much for the art due to resolution issues and such. It's something we can discuss for another time.

The main objective should be to the momentum going to put out similar quality releases. I feel that the more we do like the newest issue, the more we increase the likelihood of participation from others.

M

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

moriarty777 wrote:My plan was to compile a year's worth starting with issue 5. The feature article also is being broken in 4 parts so which means the entire article would be complete in one volume. Sort of a Domesday annual. I figure that we can safely get about 12 pages worth of material very newsletter so it could result in a nice perfect bound volume for the bookshelf. This is also why I'm committed to the idea of doing the layout and editing for at least the next 3 issues to complete a year (cycle).
To me this is a much better plan than print it yourself. I like professionally bound books over print and store.
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson