Please Stand for the C&CS Anthem. . .

Where Crusaders Gather to Discuss C&C, games they are playing, hook up for conventions and more.
Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Please Stand for the C&CS Anthem. . .

Post by Julian Grimm »

I was playing around on YouTube and found this song. Thought I'd share:

Anthem
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Please Stand for the C&CS Anthem. . .

Post by Lurker »

Nice

I was worried when I opened the link (Thor and other music being posted here quite a bit) but this one wasn't bad at all.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Here's another one I found that I liked:

Link
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

concobar
Ulthal

Post by concobar »

I think it is ironic that celtic/scottish music is so often used in warrior songs and yet historically they almost always lost and were conquered by romans, germanic tribes {angles and saxons} and by the normans and later the british. This is not celt hate I am of irish decent. just an observation.

cuchulainkevin
Ulthal

Post by cuchulainkevin »

The Celts had about a five hundred year run on dominating Europe. That's not so bad.

Who can say exactly why a culture loses its superiority? Even in defeat, the Celts were acknowledged as couragous fighters. rome itself was brought down by a culture (Germans) that was fleeing the onslaught of another culture(Huns).

Throw in political instability at crucial times, a plague here or there, a couple of years of famine, and a bad military misadventure and your looking at the end of an empire.
Ah room zoom zoom, ah room zoom zoom. gilly gilly gilly gilly, gilly ah sa sa. Come through the magic door with me and see the things you never dreamed you'll see.

Dungeoneer
Mist Elf

Post by Dungeoneer »

Well bagpipe music is only recently associated as a celtic fixture but the fact is that most of Europe had bagpipes, so it's more of a European influence in the end.