Free RPG day 2012 packet?

Where Crusaders Gather to Discuss C&C, games they are playing, hook up for conventions and more.
tomcat42
Henchman

Free RPG day 2012 packet?

Post by tomcat42 »

I've not found mention of this topic on the forums and thought I'd check: anyone running (GMing) a C&C game at their local rpg store's 'free RPG day'? I volunteered to run a table (June 16th here in the Cincinnati area) and have not been able to locate any information on what type of materials TLG will be sending to these events (they are listed as a sponsor, 'bronze' level I believe). The only thing I've turned up is a rather vague 'Castles & Crusades adventure' mentioned for TLG's submission. I wouldn't mind getting a bit of reading and prep in before this event (otherwise I'll just have to cobble something of my own up for some 1st level characters).

Anyone have information on what materials (i.e. adventure, etc.) TLG might be providing for these venues?

Thanks mucho!

CKDad
Master of the Kobold Raiders

Re: Free RPG day 2012 packet?

Post by CKDad »

I'm running at my local gamestore, Games & Stuff in Glen Burnie, Maryland, probably early in the afternoon - haven't settled the time with the manager yet.

I don't have any information on the offering, though.
"I don't wanna be remembered as the guy who died because he underestimated the threat posed by a monkey."

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

I think Stephen said there will be an adventure offered, but I can't remember the title. I look forward to whatever it is.

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

there's a list of the goodies at freerpgday.com

http://www.freerpgday.com/
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Well, in the past couple of years, I ran a demo at the store (still have to check in to see if they are looking to run some demos this year). That said, in past years, the store has received these packages from Impressions early. The store I've dealt with has provided me with the a copy of the material before the day in question to prep for it. Not sure if other stores would be as accommodating. The other things you could do is just run something else -- either your own design or a previous years freebie. I ran last year's with some success though it was something that was also previously released as a PDF for a buck. I also recall there was only 1 sample per box the last year too.

M

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

Any update to this? Anyone know what was offered. I was in my bed, curled up with my copy of the Advanced Player's Guide then it dawned on me that I totally forgot about Free RPG Day. Geesh, I'm getting old.
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

finarvyn
Global Moderator

Post by finarvyn »

Lord Dynel wrote:Any update to this? Anyone know what was offered. I was in my bed, curled up with my copy of the Advanced Player's Guide then it dawned on me that I totally forgot about Free RPG Day. Geesh, I'm getting old.
It was called "In Search of Adventure" and is by Kim Hartsfield. It's a 12-page adventure rated for characters level 1-2, but the pregens in the book ended up being 4th level by mistake.

There's another thread on this somewhere, from a poster who was trying to get ready to run it on FRPGD. He has some comments and observations about the module.
Marv / Finarvyn
Lord Marshall, Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
Just discovered Amazing Adventures and loving it!
MA1E WardenMaster - Killing Characters since 1976, MA4E Playtester in 2006.
C&C Playtester in 2003, OD&D player since 1975

finarvyn
Global Moderator

Post by finarvyn »

finarvyn wrote:There's another thread on this somewhere, from a poster who was trying to get ready to run it on FRPGD. He has some comments and observations about the module.
And here's the link:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12358
Marv / Finarvyn
Lord Marshall, Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
Just discovered Amazing Adventures and loving it!
MA1E WardenMaster - Killing Characters since 1976, MA4E Playtester in 2006.
C&C Playtester in 2003, OD&D player since 1975

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

finarvyn wrote:
Lord Dynel wrote:Any update to this? Anyone know what was offered. I was in my bed, curled up with my copy of the Advanced Player's Guide then it dawned on me that I totally forgot about Free RPG Day. Geesh, I'm getting old.
It was called "In Search of Adventure" and is by Kim Hartsfield. It's a 12-page adventure rated for characters level 1-2, but the pregens in the book ended up being 4th level by mistake.

There's another thread on this somewhere, from a poster who was trying to get ready to run it on FRPGD. He has some comments and observations about the module.
Thanks for the reply! Turns out I wasn't in bed when I remembered that I had forgotten all about it - I was thinking that FRPG Day was on the 2nd (the first saturday of the month like Free Comic Book Day) and that I had missed it. I still missed the C&C module, unfortunately.
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.