Collaborative Dungeon Idea

Where Crusaders Gather to Discuss C&C, games they are playing, hook up for conventions and more.
Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Collaborative Dungeon Idea

Post by Julian Grimm »

I was thinking about an idea that has been mentioned from time to time; The collaborative dungeon. While working on my campaign I hit on an idea that would work, Blacktooth Ridge. As described in the module the ridge is fairly large and honeycombed with dungeons and encounter areas. This would make a perfect area for those of us that wanted to submit dungeons or work publish a dungeon in some form. We could produce an annual or semi-annual publication on the dungeons created for the area.

Any thoughts?
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Collaborative Dungeon Idea

Post by alcyone »

Sounds fun... I really want to develop fully Aihrdean fan material and Blacktooth Ridge is certainly a good place to start; especially if each volume included an official dungeon, (Krekingolg, Pieces of Eight)...
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

You need rules for it, otherwise it just becomes an ever-expansive outgrowth.

For example:

1) Depth -- how many levels
2) Size -- how many encounters / level (rough average)
3) Theme? -- is the dungeon used for anything, like a temple of a cult, a tomb for the undead, a monster lair?
4) Level(s) of the party

etc etc

I, for one, would love to see a dwarf complex, one slowly being undermined by their racial enemies.

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Good idea, this.

I think I did some additional rooms in the BtR complex back in 2006/7. I'll have to look back in my folders.

:)
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Right now this is more along the lines of interest gathering. The two rules I have are:

*No more than three levels deep.

*Cannot use existing material or themes from TLG products. (Unless prior blessing is given)

This is also assuming the Trolls would let us use the ridge. If not then we can design our own place for these dungeons.
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06