Garycon Society Gathering

Where Crusaders Gather to Discuss C&C, games they are playing, hook up for conventions and more.
Piperdog
Unkbartig

Garycon Society Gathering

Post by Piperdog »

Wow! It was really great to get together with the gang from the Society and boards. We ended up having a private room to have dinner and get to know eachother, and talked about Society stuff too. We mulled over alot of ways to improve the Society and things that would be beneficial to old and new members alike. With a crew already ressurecting the Domesday, we discussed also adding downloadable content in the way of adventures, monsters, items, npcs, pregenerated characters, and generic maps. I am excited about this gathering...folks were were friendly aquaintances over the years on the boards are now real friends...and I count myself fortunate to be in the company of everyone who was there. We look forward to Garycon being an annual pilgrimage for the Society, and having it bigger and better next year!

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Garycon Society Gathering

Post by Go0gleplex »

Get more society members there next year and it could almost be a con within a con for the society. :) They have the TSR dinner...and we have the Society dinner. Wife doesn't know it yet, but I'm going to start squirreling funds away and hopefully be able to make it again next year. Hmmm...just how much overtime do I need to work now anyhow... ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing a couple of those projects we were talking about moving along. Already started working on a couple of the things we were discussing along those lines. And Scott, I'll do the maps...they'll just have to fit in between work insanity and family time. :)
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

magick3six
Ungern

Post by magick3six »

Go0gleplex - I really liked those maps you showed us. Something I wish I could do, but drawn by hand is not one of my abilities. You must have it as prime :)

Seems the doomsday project is about set with everyone needed, but if there are other projects, large or small, I'm always willing to throw in the abilities I do have (Design, layout, proofing, etc).

Was a blast to meet everyone, and see those we met last year again!

-Scott

CKDad
Master of the Kobold Raiders

Post by CKDad »

Scott - we oughta chat about a streamlined character sheet for convention pre-gens (or were you part of that side conversation? I don't remember... )
"I don't wanna be remembered as the guy who died because he underestimated the threat posed by a monkey."

snowquilter
Henchman

Post by snowquilter »

Ya know something I don't think we talked about... Society T-shirts.

The "Goblins Killed My Family" guys looked pretty awesome in their bowling shirts and they were easy to recognize. Bowling shirts would be slick. Embroidered polos would cut it too though. And if we really wanted to just have shirts without expense, we could go with screen printed Tees

cuchulainkevin
Ulthal

Post by cuchulainkevin »

Damn...bowling shirts...yeah. That would be bad-ass.

I'm glad the synchronicity of the Society coming together is great. We're getting some good momentum going.

It was great seeing all the guys and gals at Garycon. I agree Eric, the friendships that were taking hold and growing there were awesome.

Todd, I agree with the others, you have a gift with cartography.

Scott, I'm compiling a few things to send your way this week.

Let's try to make 2012 the year that the Society came into its own.

Morty
Ah room zoom zoom, ah room zoom zoom. gilly gilly gilly gilly, gilly ah sa sa. Come through the magic door with me and see the things you never dreamed you'll see.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

I don't know if I'd call it a gift Morty...more like almost 3 decades of practical application and practice through work. :) Glad y'all liked 'em though. Definitely more where those came from.

Being on the poor end of things, silk screened tees works for me on the shirts. ;) Given Gerry's game, I'd have to put something on there like "the dragon ate my paladin" or with John's game; "Gnome skydiver's guild." lol
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Armadillo
Henchman

Post by Armadillo »

Ha! Now I know the plan, I can start saving too. I WANT SPA SERVICES! It was great getting to meet so many of you. Can't wait to game this weekend!

Gonad-chomper