Saying "Hello"

Where Crusaders Gather to Discuss C&C, games they are playing, hook up for conventions and more.
Desrimal
Hlobane Orc

Saying "Hello"

Post by Desrimal »

Just wanted to say Hello to everybody here on TLG Forum!

About me: I started playing D&D in '89, and played many different games since then (especially Call of Cthulhu). When TLG introduced the White Box I got a signed edition, and my group stared playing The Rising Knight right away. It ended with a TPK, but for the first time since D&D 3rd we had a blast!

I continued bying C&C books and adventures for a while, but to many real-life issues (kids and career) made it difficult for me to continue playing C&C.

Well, now I'm back. What happened since 2006? I can see they revised the rulebooks, do I need to buy the new version of the books? (I can see the barbarian got an update, which I believe is a good thing). The Castles Keepers Guide is out too now, great!
RPGing since '89

Guitarist in Rust Age (old-school rock)
http://www.rustage.dk
http://itunes.apple.com/dk/artist/rust-age/id460786336

CKDad
Master of the Kobold Raiders

Re: Saying "Hello"

Post by CKDad »

Welcome back to the Crusade, Desrimal!
"I don't wanna be remembered as the guy who died because he underestimated the threat posed by a monkey."

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

Great that you were able to come back!
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Welcome back! The books have changed a great deal since 2006, but the concepts have not. Sure, the Barbarian and Illusionist have gotten a revision. There are more spells in the most current printing of the PHB. Lots of eratta have been fixed. They layout is a million times better (although I do like the layout of the original C&C PHB pretty well). There are lots more explanations and details regarding the Siege Engine and how it is used in play (example aplenty). Different cover. An appendix that inlcudes two different multiclassing methods.

The current printing of the C&C PHB is by far the most complete, and stands out as the best book from TLG in my opinion.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

"Hello."

Breakdaddy
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Breakdaddy »

Welcome back Desrimal!
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Breakdaddy wrote:Welcome back Desrimal!
+1 on that
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Desrimal
Hlobane Orc

Post by Desrimal »

Hmmm.. I definately need PH and CKG, but for $10 more I'll get a the new version of M&T as well + a slipcase, if I buy the Complete Set. The DB series looks interesting as well (though I don't quite get how the level is "scalable"). That's 110 gp in the TLG store - now all I have to do is to sell my dog, so I can afford that! Apparently no one is selling C&C in Denmark anymore, so I'm hoping that I can still buy the books in TLG Store and have them ship it to europe?

BTW I rolled up a few Characters and ran some demo-battles yesterday. It's was as easy and intuitive, as I remembered it - except for the encumbrance-system :( Any chance that system may have gotten a revision as well at some point since 2006?
RPGing since '89

Guitarist in Rust Age (old-school rock)
http://www.rustage.dk
http://itunes.apple.com/dk/artist/rust-age/id460786336

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Desrimal wrote:Any chance that [encumbrance] system may have gotten a revision as well at some point since 2006?
The system has been updated since 2006, but not wholly revised. It's a bit more clear on how to do things, though. There was the addition of wearable items (w) that mitigates some EV. But otherwise, it's pretty close to the 2006 books.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

clavis123
Ulthal

Post by clavis123 »

Desrimal wrote: BTW I rolled up a few Characters and ran some demo-battles yesterday. It's was as easy and intuitive, as I remembered it - except for the encumbrance-system :( Any chance that system may have gotten a revision as well at some point since 2006?
I personally don't even use an encumbrance system when I CK, and neither does the CK I play with. We just do "reality checks" - every so often the CK asks the player what their character is carrying, and if they can justify carrying that much. I always hated tracking encumbrance, which is why I never did it even when playing AD&D. It helps that I make coins much lighter than in my own games (100 coins to the pound), so carrying treasures isn't so hard.
Daniel James Hanley
Creator of Ghastly Affair, "The Gothic Game of Romantic Horror".
Player's Manual Now Available on DriveThruRPG and Amazon
Reader discretion is advised.

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Hello and welcome!! :)
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth