Society Adventure Compilation

Where Crusaders Gather to Discuss C&C, games they are playing, hook up for conventions and more.
User avatar
Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 4514
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 7:00 am
Location: SW Missouri
Contact:

Re: Society Adventure Compilation

Post by Julian Grimm »

moriarty777 wrote:Hehe... All I hope on my end is to continue contributing in my own way. Either by my blog (which has been a lot of fun lately) and to continue providing some third party support for the game we love.

Hopefully people here are enjoying my efforts.

Now, back to task at hand. Contest anyone?

M

Funny enough, it is my love for C&C that has fueled my feather ruffling and what I am working on now. My intent is to rekindle something that has been lost and to rekindle it independent of...here...
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

User avatar
Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 3232
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:00 am

Re: Society Adventure Compilation

Post by Troll Lord »

Julian Grimm wrote:
Rhuvein wrote: TLG has its campaign world and a great series of modules that surround, enhance and highlight said world ~ the A series. It’s just like Gary did with Greyhawk and the various GH modules.
TLG has a boring as hell campaign world with a module series that was promised to have been finished three years ago. I would hardly call that good.
TLG also offers independent modules to C&C, The Haunted Highlands and earlier Erde modules.
No, TLG offers material for C&C produced by TLG. Nothing more. You cannot call that independent.
And there have been loads of fan created C&C modules that are very good to excellent written for the game.
The idea is to keep this going.
Dang Julian! No love for Aihrde eh, :lol: :lol: Just as a point of order, the Codex outsold every book we produced but for the Players Handbook, Canting Crew and World Builder. Its been a long time popular setting.

For the record, the A series, C series, the S series (that's a total of 15 adventures) are all placed in Aihrde as are a number of the odds and ends like Heart of Glass and pdfs.

The independent adventures Rhu was talkikng about are independent of Aihrde are actually the U series (four of those). The DB series is Casey's and also serve independently as they are not officially in Aihrde.

We cannot actually publish modules independent of TLG.

But do we encourage them? Sure. We welcome anyone that wants to publish C&C adventures or any fan driven material.

Steve
_____________________________
He Who Sits on the Elephants Back
The Troll Lord
Steve Chenault, President & CEO of Chenault & Gray Publishing, Troll Lord Games

User avatar
Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 4514
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 7:00 am
Location: SW Missouri
Contact:

Re: Society Adventure Compilation

Post by Julian Grimm »

Troll Lord wrote:
Dang Julian! No love for Aihrde eh, :lol: :lol:
I may have been a bit to harsh with that statement so let me try again.... :oops:

I really wanted to like Erde ( I like the original spelling better) but my biggest problem with it came from the amount of history in the setting. The biggest was having the Winter Dark end so soon before the era where most campaigns would be set. The problem was that if I wanted to set a dungeon that was built, say, 300 years ago runs right into the Winter Dark and I felt I needed to account for how it fit into that time frame. I always felt like I was shoehorning everything in. I kind of felt like it would have been a better literary world than a campaign setting.

Does that clear things up?
The independent adventures Rhu was talkikng about are independent of Aihrde are actually the U series (four of those). The DB series is Casey's and also serve independently as they are not officially in Aihrde.
I think he may have misunderstood what I meant as far as independent. What I meant was third-party free and for profit material that uses the system. Something along the lines of like what Goodman Games had done or what Green Ronin began with the C&C Freeport. That is what I was meaning by independent.
We cannot actually publish modules independent of TLG.
I kind of figured that. ;)
But do we encourage them? Sure. We welcome anyone that wants to publish C&C adventures or any fan driven material.

Steve

That is good to hear. Just so you know, I responded to the comment you made on my blog and appreciated your thoughts.

To everyone else, I had not intended to even post anything today as I am still in a 'cooling off' mode and didn't want to get into a tiff with anyone. However, I did feel Steve's comments needed to acknowledged. I'll be along in the next day or so to respond to anything else.
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

serleran
Mogrl
Posts: 13835
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:00 am

Re: Society Adventure Compilation

Post by serleran »

Aergraith wrote:What you say cannot be denied.

Still...

Image
Image
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ_R-G_i4Xk
Perhaps, but as one who struggled and struggled to keep the Society alive, only to watch it slowly crumble again... yeah.

I do hope to see a successful release and I would even contribute. However, modules are not my thing so this area is not where I would spend much time myself simply because I know it would suck for me to do so. :)

User avatar
Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 4514
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 7:00 am
Location: SW Missouri
Contact:

Re: Society Adventure Compilation

Post by Julian Grimm »

serleran wrote:
I do hope to see a successful release and I would even contribute. However, modules are not my thing so this area is not where I would spend much time myself simply because I know it would suck for me to do so. :)

I understand the sentiment. I do like the idea of a contest and I think that would be a good way to jump-start things. Like you though, I don't want to see this crumble yet again. If the desire is to get things rolling again then we need to figure out what works, what doesn't and what changes need to be made.
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

User avatar
Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 4514
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 7:00 am
Location: SW Missouri
Contact:

Re: Society Adventure Compilation

Post by Julian Grimm »

MormonYoYoMan wrote:Try this explanation: With the downturn in the economy, people with jobs are working more hours to keep their jobs - and people without jobs, or underemployed, are looking for jobs. No matter what, you have a lot of people with a lot less free time than they had.
Funny enough, time is something I have plenty of. Since some unfortunate events I work at home on my hobby farm which does not take up a lot of time. I think I only work on it about 4 or so hours a day right now and that is not constant. Though, I do have goats ready to kid soon and I will be milking but that only takes a couple hours.

I actually have the time to do something with this.
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

User avatar
MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal
Posts: 621
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 7:00 am
Location: Texas

Re: Society Adventure Compilation

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

Julian Grimm wrote:
MormonYoYoMan wrote:Try this explanation: With the downturn in the economy, people with jobs are working more hours to keep their jobs - and people without jobs, or underemployed, are looking for jobs. No matter what, you have a lot of people with a lot less free time than they had.
Funny enough, time is something I have plenty of. Since some unfortunate events I work at home on my hobby farm which does not take up a lot of time. I think I only work on it about 4 or so hours a day right now and that is not constant. Though, I do have goats ready to kid soon and I will be milking but that only takes a couple hours.

I actually have the time to do something with this.
In which case, I really look forward to your work!

As for me, anything which I might create would undoubtedly turn silly. Can't seem to help the punster/jester in my soul, and RPGs seem to encourage this childish behavior on my part. Shame on me!
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

User avatar
moriarty777
Renegade Mage
Posts: 3735
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: Society Adventure Compilation

Post by moriarty777 »

Well, the contest has yet to be formally announced since I was gauging interest since I'm the one who is paying out of pocket for this. I don't think there is any better way that I could put "money where my mouth is" on this one. Oh... I'd be putting in something too but I would not be eligible for the contest itself. ;)

As it stands, it looks like about two people offered to participate. The offer is automatically extended to the material that may have already been submitted (if they wish) but I'll either have to get copies of what was sent to Piper, or he'll need to send me copies.

Naturally, this is not meant to replace Eric's efforts -- I just wanted to jumpstart community effort here. At this point, if there is not much other movement, I'll try and start up a new thread on the forums here and crosspost over on Dragonsfoot and my blog.

M
Image

User avatar
gideon_thorne
Maukling
Posts: 6176
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:00 am
Contact:

Re: Society Adventure Compilation

Post by gideon_thorne »

Just a thought, but instead of doing lots of little things, why not do one big thing? Design a dungeon from towers to deep chasms and do it as a group project? Make it an annual or bi-annual thing so people have plenty of time to fiddle with it?
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

User avatar
Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 3350
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:00 am

Re: Society Adventure Compilation

Post by Relaxo »

MormonYoYoMan wrote: In which case, I really look forward to your work!

As for me, anything which I might create would undoubtedly turn silly. Can't seem to help the punster/jester in my soul, and RPGs seem to encourage this childish behavior on my part. Shame on me!
So run with it! (Pun with it?) No reason you can't have a silly adventure to lighten things up now and then. It would be perfect after a harsh dungeon crawl, especially with PC casualties.
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 2727
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:00 am
Location: The Court of the Crimson King

Re: Society Adventure Compilation

Post by alcyone »

moriarty777 wrote: As it stands, it looks like about two people offered to participate. The offer is automatically extended to the material that may have already been submitted (if they wish) but I'll either have to get copies of what was sent to Piper, or he'll need to send me copies.
I can't in good conscience send the same submission to a different effort, but Piperdog has my permission to do so if he is not doing his compilation anymore.

The original idea was 2-6 pages, level 1-3, showcasing the SIEGE engine. Are these the same terms for your effort Moriarty? It was a good challenge, but with maps and stats it ended up being a pretty tight fit.

In any case, I look forward to seeing the official contest thread with submission guidelines. I'm sure I'll be able to come up with something.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

User avatar
moriarty777
Renegade Mage
Posts: 3735
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: Society Adventure Compilation

Post by moriarty777 »

Relaxo wrote:
MormonYoYoMan wrote: In which case, I really look forward to your work!

As for me, anything which I might create would undoubtedly turn silly. Can't seem to help the punster/jester in my soul, and RPGs seem to encourage this childish behavior on my part. Shame on me!
So run with it! (Pun with it?) No reason you can't have a silly adventure to lighten things up now and then. It would be perfect after a harsh dungeon crawl, especially with PC casualties.
True -- there is plenty of fun and silliness that could be had! I wouldn't say no to such an offering.

Say Bill, would *you* be participating? Just because HIPS is finally coming out doesn't mean you should rest on your laurels. ;)

BTW -- starting talking to an artist for the module, we probably should talk in the next week or so.

M
Image

User avatar
moriarty777
Renegade Mage
Posts: 3735
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: Society Adventure Compilation

Post by moriarty777 »

Aergraith wrote:
moriarty777 wrote: As it stands, it looks like about two people offered to participate. The offer is automatically extended to the material that may have already been submitted (if they wish) but I'll either have to get copies of what was sent to Piper, or he'll need to send me copies.
I can't in good conscience send the same submission to a different effort, but Piperdog has my permission to do so if he is not doing his compilation anymore.

The original idea was 2-6 pages, level 1-3, showcasing the SIEGE engine. Are these the same terms for your effort Moriarty? It was a good challenge, but with maps and stats it ended up being a pretty tight fit.

In any case, I look forward to seeing the official contest thread with submission guidelines. I'm sure I'll be able to come up with something.
I have no idea what's on Eric's plate -- I know he can get busy. But you have a good point. Maybe we should just keep the two separate. In any case, the length should be somewhere similar but up to 8 pages would be OK. That page count is just for the text (maps don't count against the page count). That said, those who are digging this idea should not start anything yet -- please wait for an official contest submission guidelines.

M
Image

User avatar
Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 3350
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:00 am

Re: Society Adventure Compilation

Post by Relaxo »

Good points: if this effort merges with Eric's, than sure, I'm in wiht the one I started above. If it doesn't, I'll just have to write up another shortie for yours, Pat.

But I agree, while the contest idea is great, I don't want to piss on Eric's parade.

Aside, Pat, check blog comments.
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

User avatar
Frost
Beer Giant Jarl
Posts: 1324
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:00 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

Re: Society Adventure Compilation

Post by Frost »

Looking forward to the contest rules.

User avatar
dachda
Lore Drake
Posts: 1552
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:00 am
Location: Topsham, Maine

Re: Society Adventure Compilation

Post by dachda »

gideon_thorne wrote:Just a thought, but instead of doing lots of little things, why not do one big thing? Design a dungeon from towers to deep chasms and do it as a group project? Make it an annual or bi-annual thing so people have plenty of time to fiddle with it?

This is a great idea!

User avatar
moriarty777
Renegade Mage
Posts: 3735
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: Society Adventure Compilation

Post by moriarty777 »

dachda wrote:
gideon_thorne wrote:Just a thought, but instead of doing lots of little things, why not do one big thing? Design a dungeon from towers to deep chasms and do it as a group project? Make it an annual or bi-annual thing so people have plenty of time to fiddle with it?

This is a great idea!

It is though it's certainly more of a community thing. :)

I'll gladly participate in this but first, I'd like to do that contest I proposed. I am going to do it and I will post up contest rules sometime this weekend on these forums, Dragonsfoot, and my own blog.

M
Image

User avatar
Piperdog
Unkbartig
Posts: 931
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:00 am
Location: Martin, MI

Re: Society Adventure Compilation

Post by Piperdog »

Just checking in with the gang. I haven't been involved with the Society or with the boards in a few months due to separation and divorce, so I apologize. People have noticed the lack of fan made materials, mainly the Domesday Book compilations, which are were cool, but to be honest, the people who were most involved in the new Society revival all got waylaid by jobs and life, including me. The Domesday Book had to be laid out, which is tough, and took hours upon hours. I did a lot of art for it as well as articles. John "Sir Seskis" Wright was my partner in all that, but he too is busier than a one legged man in an ass-kicking contest. And that is what happens when percieved Society activity falls on the shoulders of a couple people. Robert Doyle, myself, and John Wright all know what it is like to work hard to see the Society grow, only to get too busy with real life to put the hours into it anymore. My hiatus, however, is over and I am back in the C&C saddle. What has changed though is that many folks, myself included, are now working on commercial projects. John Wright and I are working on a long term project for TLG which just so happens to be a book of short adventures. Sooooo anything I write is going in there. Aaaannnnnd I am attempting to write a novel (my ADD will never allow it to be completed I am sure).
As far as the Society adventure compilation idea goes, I had only two submissions after all this time, so I welcome whoever can put together such a thing to do so. You are definitely not stepping on my toes. Whatever is good for the game and fans is cool with me!
One idea I have is to post single adventures to the Society Downloads page as they come in. That way new folks will see at least a couple adventures to play with. If we wait for a compilation, we may wait damn near forever I think. What are your thoughts on this?
Oh, and by the way fellas, I have a new phone, so for those of you who have tried to call I apologize. PM me for my new number.
And yet another thing before I sign off....Julian Grimm....The World of Aihrde is awesome. The Horned God will return and punish you for your insolence. LOL.

User avatar
Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 4514
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 7:00 am
Location: SW Missouri
Contact:

Re: Society Adventure Compilation

Post by Julian Grimm »

As far as the time factor goes I am actually in a good position. Thanks to the events of the past few years I am now working at home on my hobby farm. This is usually about 4 hours of work and will likely increase to only 6 hours this spring and summer. Much of the work I do is spaced out over the day so I have a lot of downtime that I need to fill. It is an idle mind, not idle hands that is the devil's playground.

I have made a blog post on ideas and a couple projects I am working on. And I stand by what I said years ago about my work primarily not being commercial in nature. Not all gamers have the money to keep up with the hobby (Hell, my C&C Core Books are the 2nd print PHB and 1st print M&T) and I want to provide material for them. So I am not actually pursuing serious commercial work.

One of the things I would like to see is the resurrection of the Domesday Book as a quarterly publication. I feel the book would be a rally point for the fan community and a three month time frame is more than enough time to gather material and get it ready for release. Even if we have to forgo using artists and flashy layout a simple newsletter style publication is better than nothing.

That's my 2 cents.
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 2727
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:00 am
Location: The Court of the Crimson King

Re: Society Adventure Compilation

Post by alcyone »

Piperdog wrote:
One idea I have is to post single adventures to the Society Downloads page as they come in. That way new folks will see at least a couple adventures to play with. If we wait for a compilation, we may wait damn near forever I think. What are your thoughts on this?
I think that's a fine idea.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

User avatar
gideon_thorne
Maukling
Posts: 6176
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:00 am
Contact:

Re: Society Adventure Compilation

Post by gideon_thorne »

moriarty777 wrote:
dachda wrote:
gideon_thorne wrote:Just a thought, but instead of doing lots of little things, why not do one big thing? Design a dungeon from towers to deep chasms and do it as a group project? Make it an annual or bi-annual thing so people have plenty of time to fiddle with it?

This is a great idea!

It is though it's certainly more of a community thing. :)

I'll gladly participate in this but first, I'd like to do that contest I proposed. I am going to do it and I will post up contest rules sometime this weekend on these forums, Dragonsfoot, and my own blog.

M
More or less what I was suggesting. Just something that members of the C&CS can work on as a whole as people have time and inclination to do so. 8-)
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

User avatar
Frost
Beer Giant Jarl
Posts: 1324
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:00 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

Re: Society Adventure Compilation

Post by Frost »

Aergraith wrote:
Piperdog wrote:
One idea I have is to post single adventures to the Society Downloads page as they come in. That way new folks will see at least a couple adventures to play with. If we wait for a compilation, we may wait damn near forever I think. What are your thoughts on this?
I think that's a fine idea.
Just a quick thought: If part of our motivation is to bring in/create more C&C fans, we should share this stuff (Domesday, adventures, etc.) with the public. I really like the C&CS Ning page, but you have to sign up to get access.

Perhaps the Trolls can share the goodies via their blog and/or those of us with blogs (Julian, myself, etc.) can help distribute it so that it gets kicked around the Internet. Part of what has fired the popularity of S&W and other OSR games is that the free/fan stuff is so easy to access.

I love the S&W stuff because it is so easy to adapt to C&C. It would be great to show the S&W fans that the C&C stuff can work with their game too.

User avatar
moriarty777
Renegade Mage
Posts: 3735
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: Society Adventure Compilation

Post by moriarty777 »

Aergraith wrote:
Piperdog wrote:
One idea I have is to post single adventures to the Society Downloads page as they come in. That way new folks will see at least a couple adventures to play with. If we wait for a compilation, we may wait damn near forever I think. What are your thoughts on this?
I think that's a fine idea.
Perfectly reasonable and it is a good plan. It also wouldn't interfere with the contest idea I was proposing to try and jump start things. At the end of the day, I can say that I am determined to put out a compilation as a result of the contest and we can all hope it does better. Ultimately, it sounds like a few people want to see the contest to happen though who ends up participating is altogether quite different.

I might not be anymore successful than Piper's efforts but either way, even if support ends up being minimal, something will be produced for this later this year.

As an aside, welcome back Eric -- I didn't know what was going in your personal life but such things can be rough.

M
Image

User avatar
moriarty777
Renegade Mage
Posts: 3735
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: Society Adventure Compilation

Post by moriarty777 »

Frost wrote:Just a quick thought: If part of our motivation is to bring in/create more C&C fans, we should share this stuff (Domesday, adventures, etc.) with the public. I really like the C&CS Ning page, but you have to sign up to get access.

Perhaps the Trolls can share the goodies via their blog and/or those of us with blogs (Julian, myself, etc.) can help distribute it so that it gets kicked around the Internet. Part of what has fired the popularity of S&W and other OSR games is that the free/fan stuff is so easy to access.

I love the S&W stuff because it is so easy to adapt to C&C. It would be great to show the S&W fans that the C&C stuff can work with their game too.
I've done a bit of this in the past off of the Arcana Creations site. Now the site needs an overhaul but I'd be happy to do some more hosting.

M
Image

User avatar
moriarty777
Renegade Mage
Posts: 3735
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: Society Adventure Compilation

Post by moriarty777 »

Julian Grimm wrote: One of the things I would like to see is the resurrection of the Domesday Book as a quarterly publication. I feel the book would be a rally point for the fan community and a three month time frame is more than enough time to gather material and get it ready for release. Even if we have to forgo using artists and flashy layout a simple newsletter style publication is better than nothing.

That's my 2 cents.
Best way to do this IMO is to do it very small scale at first 4-6 pages sort of thing.

I would be happy to step up to do this and insist on laying it out. I just won't write it all. As High Warden of the Society -- I am willing to this. Josh... Frost... and whomever else is interested, have you got my back?

For those who have been following my blog, I have the resolve to do this sort of thing and, yes, we can make this happen!

M
Image

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 2727
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:00 am
Location: The Court of the Crimson King

Re: Society Adventure Compilation

Post by alcyone »

So, Moriarty, in light of the above I'll send you the adventure I'd originally given Piper. I might write a second one anyway if you allow multiple entries though.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

serleran
Mogrl
Posts: 13835
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:00 am

Re: Society Adventure Compilation

Post by serleran »

I think it would be more interesting to limit it to 1-2 pages, but that may be harder than allowing longer submissions. I could even, in theory, do something like that as I once wrote 3 encounter ideas for each of the M&T critters and trashed it for lack of interest by anyone.

cuchulainkevin
Ulthal
Posts: 792
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:00 am

Re: Society Adventure Compilation

Post by cuchulainkevin »

As before, if anyone wants artwork for there fan-made material, I'm available, if not wanted ;)
Morty
Ah room zoom zoom, ah room zoom zoom. gilly gilly gilly gilly, gilly ah sa sa. Come through the magic door with me and see the things you never dreamed you'll see.

User avatar
Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 4514
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 7:00 am
Location: SW Missouri
Contact:

Re: Society Adventure Compilation

Post by Julian Grimm »

If I am correct that is Pat, Morty, Serl and myself. That's almost the band, guys.
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

User avatar
MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal
Posts: 621
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 7:00 am
Location: Texas

Re: Society Adventure Compilation

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

So....bottom line...What ARE the requirements of these contributions? Word length?

And what type? Story? Adventure? Background? Cartoon? Blatant rip-off of Jolly Blackburn?

Is it to be a specific genre? The SIEGE engine can cover a lot of types. (Doesn't the final "E" stand for "Engine," in which case is this like saying "PDF file" or "DC Comics" perchance?)

Inquiring minds want to sweat!
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

Post Reply