John Carter of Mars ... Using C&C

Where Crusaders Gather to Discuss C&C, games they are playing, hook up for conventions and more.
anglefish
Unkbartig

John Carter of Mars ... Using C&C

Post by anglefish »

Loved the teaser trailer.

A few times I've used C&C with great success to do Planetary Romance. My formula was CnC+Adamant's Mars + BadAxes's Slavelords of Cydonia + Fate Points = awesome fun!

Personally, I thought that regular D&D style play fit the genre perfectly with a few name changes. Dungeons = Ruins, Magic Items = Forgotten Tech, and Magic = Psionics. Add in the fact that guns are optional anyway and your set.

One time I even had a regualr C&C group teleported to "Mars." The Druid player was ready for a whole campaign. He was ready to bring water to Arrakis. :)

Slavelords of Cydonia
http://www.badaxegames.com/products/sla ... f-cydonia Mars
http://adamant.rpgnow.com/index.php?cPath=272_4256

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Re: John Carter of Mars ... Using C&C

Post by Relaxo »

I can't believe I've lived my whole life as a scifi geek and only heard of John Carter about 2 years ago... and then POOF! a movie?! Neat o!

I just discovered Soloman Kane too. LOVE THAT GUY.

it's enough to make me want Savage Worlds, LOL.

Big Plus side to the JC movies will be that the books will hit shelves again in pretty new printings, so that's something to look forward too.
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I'd just whip something up based on Warriors of Mars but I realize not everyone has a copy of that work.

Or, if I was really interested in not doing it right, I would rip off something from the ill-fated Dune RPG.

finarvyn
Global Moderator

Post by finarvyn »

I've played Warriors of Mars and love the whole Barsoom setting. I keep intending to put together a C&C Barsoom but never seem to get around to it. :(
Marv / Finarvyn
Lord Marshall, Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
Just discovered Amazing Adventures and loving it!
MA1E WardenMaster - Killing Characters since 1976, MA4E Playtester in 2006.
C&C Playtester in 2003, OD&D player since 1975

Traveller
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Traveller »

Doc on Dragonsfoot already did this for OD&D. Jason Vey (Grey Elf) formatted it into booklet form and has it available here. Do a little on-the-fly conversion and you're done.

mediapig
Ungern

Post by mediapig »

Actually, I'm working on a setting now that is heavily influenced by Barsoom (it's more fantasy than sword and planet, but I;m trying to feature very alien monsters, no orcs or goblins, savage Red Elves in a lost city, dying world kind of feel, etc.)