Buying Castles and Crusades in southern Ontario?

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
DaveyJJ
Henchman

Buying Castles and Crusades in southern Ontario?

Post by DaveyJJ »

My two local game stores in Kitchener/Waterloo don't have copies ... anyone in southern Ontario suggest a dealer that might have them?

jman5000
Ulthal

Post by jman5000 »

hairy tarantula in downtown toronto carries it, and if it's not in stock will gladly order it.

I purchased the 1st printing phb from chapters.indigo.ca.

ordering directly from the trolls is great, but I'm finding it harder and harder to actually get product across the border. I'm still waiting for my crusader #4 subscription issue (Steve has mailed it twice to me).. and I had to have the PPP Cairn of the Skeleton King mailed a second time before receiving that copy... have no idea why we cannot get a friggen package sent over the border..

Hey steve. do you want a Canadian distributer? I've got LOTS of basement space??? anything to make it easier to get my ordered products... [more than half serious too!!]

[/rant]

if you are in Hamilton, you can go to Bayshore hobbies - while Rose doesn't carry C&C, she can order it for you.

Hope these suggestions help...

(p.s. do you live in kw?. I'm a burlington boy myself...)

Cheers,

J.

Veritas
Ungern

Post by Veritas »

Which stores do you go to (I used to live in K/W)?

I know the guy who runs Carry On Comics. He should be fine with ordering it for you if it was a guarenteed sale. I'm not sure how much he's into the gaming material these days. It's been a few years since I worked there.

Shadowslayer
Ungern

Post by Shadowslayer »

Ho there from London. The Comic Book Collector @ Dundas and Adelaide in London carries it. They don't have a big supply, but he tries to keep the PHB on the shelf and a couple modules in the "module box"

Sorry, no website to point you to, but you can 411 them and call. Shop owner Tim is one of the good guys. He'll order ya whatever you need.

And if you're into it, there's a cool anime shop next door too.

Shadowslayer
Ungern

Post by Shadowslayer »

double post. Sorry.

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

I initally got mind via Amazon.ca -- both the PHB and M&T are currently $18.23 each (Canadian funds not USD). Mind you it it give 2-5 weeks currently for delivery. I was lucky the first time round... Got them pretty much in 24 hours.

If you happen to be near Ottawa (for whatever reason), the local game shop here (Fandom II) sells C&C stuff as well.

Moriarty the Red

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

keith
Skobbit

Re: Buying Castles and Crusades in southern Ontario?

Post by keith »

I emailed 401 games then when down and picked it up. (Downtown Toronto.)

---------------------------------------
Oakville Gamers
https://www.facebook.com/groups/182127835189913/
---------------------------------------

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

If I remember right Sir Ironside was starting up a campaign to get more canadian stoers to carry C&C stuff it may be worth looking into that

Telhawk
Hlobane Orc

Post by Telhawk »

Jman5000 is definitely correct regarding the Toronto situation; Hairy Tarantula is absolutely the best option regarding pick-ups in this area. The problem is, of course, that it's central downtown and there are traffic issues, parking charges and so forth. If you can get down there on a weekend, things usually work out much better. Leon (owner/operator) has been excellent regarding getting works ordered in.

Regarding the South Ontario situation as a whole...well, I don't know if it would be an idea for us to start writing to and/or calling our MP or MPP about trade issues. If it's just RPG materials - let alone one for a single company - it might be a bit tough to get traction on this, but if it turns out to be a systemic problem (and I think there's every chance that would be the case), then perhaps there's something that could be done about this. Making it clear that businesses on both sides are losing money because of stupid border issues might be a point to hit on to make the issue actually fricking matter.

I remember speaking to Mr. Chenault a few years ago and he mentioned that it was easier to ship TLG work to Poland than it was to push it a few miles across the border. Makes you wonder what those NAFTA guys were smoking when they were actually putting the operational logistics of this system in order...

Fizz
Lore Drake

Post by Fizz »

I was living in London up to a year and a half ago. It was a bit depressing that none of the stores i went to had C&C products. So i always had to order via Amazon or Trolls directly.
Ho there from London. The Comic Book Collector @ Dundas and Adelaide in London carries it.
Bugger- wish i'd known about that while i was there.

-Fizz

madmartigan
Henchman

Post by madmartigan »

Hi there, I am brand new to C&C and am also from Ottawa!

Moriarty, I am curious if you would know of any gaming groups looking for extra players (or at least that wouldn't mind one!) in the area.

I sent you an e-mail to follow up!

DeadReborn
Ulthal

Post by DeadReborn »

Welcome to the Crusade, madmartigan! I found a Meetup group in your neck of the woods. I don't know if they play C&C, but it might be worth looking into.

Link
"My simple card trick has turned you into an ice cream cone!
Which means...I AM A LEVEL TEN WIZARD!"-SpongeBob SquarePants

madmartigan
Henchman

Post by madmartigan »

Thanks! I will try to figure out a way to form a gaming group - I didn't know about Meetup at all so I really appreciate the link!!!

timburns
Ulthal

Post by timburns »

Just wanted to let everyone know that we are currently working on our brand new website which will include and update list and searchable map of retailers who carry C&C products. If you know of a place that does carry our products and is not on the list (to premiere in a week or so), please shoot me an email at tim@trolllord.com and I'll make sure to get them in there. Thanks,

Tim
Troll Lord Games

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Re:

Post by Zudrak »

jman5000 wrote:hairy tarantula in downtown toronto carries it, and if it's not in stock will gladly order it.

I purchased the 1st printing phb from chapters.indigo.ca.

ordering directly from the trolls is great, but I'm finding it harder and harder to actually get product across the border. I'm still waiting for my crusader #4 subscription issue (Steve has mailed it twice to me).. and I had to have the PPP Cairn of the Skeleton King mailed a second time before receiving that copy... have no idea why we cannot get a friggen package sent over the border..

Hey steve. do you want a Canadian distributer? I've got LOTS of basement space??? anything to make it easier to get my ordered products... [more than half serious too!!]

[/rant]

if you are in Hamilton, you can go to Bayshore hobbies - while Rose doesn't carry C&C, she can order it for you.

Hope these suggestions help...

(p.s. do you live in kw?. I'm a burlington boy myself...)

Cheers,

J.
Having visited The Hairy Tarantula in the summers of 2007 & 2008, I can heartily recommend it. Both visits were pleasant and the second time I was able to go home with a tattered but useful copy of the Grehawk Folio (1980).
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax