C&C Players Handbook, Help Please

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
stoneshape
Hlobane Orc

C&C Players Handbook, Help Please

Post by stoneshape »

Hello everyone

This is my first post, here is my first question. Is there any difference between the players handbook 1st and 2nd printing? If so, what are? Also how can I tell which one I have?

These questions may seem silly or trivial, but please answer if you can.

I just purchased C&C players handbook and Castle Zagyg, also Dark Chateau. I'm looking forward to getting some of the 1st ed AD&D feel again!

One last question, when is Castle Keepers Guide coming out?

Thanks!

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Re: C&C Players Handbook, Help Please

Post by Tadhg »

stoneshape wrote:
Hello everyone

This is my first post, here is my first question. Is there any difference between the players handbook 1st and 2nd printing? If so, what are? Also how can I tell which one I have?

These questions may seem silly or trivial, but please answer if you can.

I just purchased C&C players handbook and Castle Zagyg, also Dark Chateau. I'm looking forward to getting some of the 1st ed AD&D feel again!

One last question, when is Castle Keepers Guide coming out?

Thanks!

Greetings stoneshape and welcome!
The 2nd print book is basically the same with all the errata/corrections applied along with some layout/art/minor font changes. The rules for the most part are exactly the same.

The way to tell is - look for the TLG number on the binding. TLG8010 is 1st print and TLG80102 is 2nd print.

But, don't despair if you've purchased the 1st print. It's fully functional (LOL to myself) and the one I almost always use. You would only need the errata doc and we can easily post a link if you need it.

The CKG is on the way, but not "needed" (see other posts here on this subject) to get started. That book will have lots of rule alternatives and CK optional ways of playing the game.

My group is currently in the Eastmark exploring the Dark Chateau and it's going very well. CZ/DC are fantastic!

Enjoy the game,

Rhu. 8)

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

Metathiax

Post by Metathiax »

Although I do not own a copy of the Players Handbook first printing (and I would get a copy of the second printing if I were you), I have been told that its layout has been significantly revised in the second one. The errata of the first version has been corrected in the updated version (you can compare the extent of the errata of both versions by yourself : first printing vs second printing). The easiest way, you can tell what version you have is with the product code on the side of the book which should read TLG8010 for the first printing and TLG80102 for the second printing. I would also like to point out that the Monsters & Treasure book is also an excellent product (free promotion for TLG ). As for the CK Guide, its release date still remain to be determined but it is not required (although I imagine it will be full of goodies 8) ) to run the game.

Welcome to the Crusade!

Metathiax

Post by Metathiax »

Oops, looks like you've been much faster than me, Rhuvein. Sorry for the redundancy Stoneshape.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Metathiax wrote:
Oops, looks like you've been much faster than me, Rhuvein. Sorry for the redundancy Stoneshape.

Hah, just shows brilliant minds think alike. And hey, were just here to further the cause. We are after all Crusaders and Keepers of the Castle!

stoneshape
Hlobane Orc

TLG 8050??

Post by stoneshape »

hi

mine says TLG 8050... i think its a 1st printing. What do you think?

Another question, I tried registering on Keeper's Den forums, it said my email address was banned (I've never been there before), i'm guessing they don't like hotmail addresses. Anyone know whats up with this?

Thanks.

Metathiax

Post by Metathiax »

The only TLG book which has 8050 for a number is Castle Zagyg Vol. I, I don't know how you could of got a Players Handbook with this number...

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Re: TLG 8050??

Post by gideon_thorne »

stoneshape wrote:
hi

mine says TLG 8050... i think its a 1st printing. What do you think?

The TLG Second Printing will have a number on the bottom of the spine thus: TLG80102

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

grrrowler39

Post by grrrowler39 »

stoneshape wrote:
..snip..

Another question, I tried registering on Keeper's Den forums, it said my email address was banned (I've never been there before), i'm guessing they don't like hotmail addresses. Anyone know whats up with this?

Thanks.

I am registered with Keeper's Den using a hotmail account, so that is not the problem. What is your address in front of hotmail? Perhaps they don't like that for some reason.

Welcome to the addiction!

Master of Animals

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

stoneshape wrote:

Thanks.

We had a spam bot attack recently and probably blocked hotmail accounts, so I can change it. grrrowler probably was registered before we started blocking them. But we've since disabled guest posting, so we can release some of the email service names.

grrrowler39

Post by grrrowler39 »

Rhu,

Thanks for the clarification on this item.

I hate spam bots!

Master of Animals

stoneshape
Hlobane Orc

Post by stoneshape »

hi all

i'm all sorted now. I've got TLG 80102 2nd printing. I looked at the wrong spine in mentioning TLG 8050, of course its CZ.

I tell you, you folks on these gaming forums sure are sharp, patient, and gracious!!!

Thanks BIG!

rabindranath72

Post by rabindranath72 »

stoneshape wrote:
hi all

i'm all sorted now. I've got TLG 80102 2nd printing. I looked at the wrong spine in mentioning TLG 8050, of course its CZ.

I tell you, you folks on these gaming forums sure are sharp, patient, and gracious!!!

Thanks BIG!

We are all fellow Crusaders!