What's the highest level you've played using C&C?

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Re: What's the highest level you've played using C&C?

Post by slimykuotoan »

I think I've been 12th level to date, and it went really smoothly.
For crying out loud, do what you can with the attributes the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

To date? 18th level. It went very smoothly compared to any of my 1E, 2E and 3E games that got that high.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Since the last time this thread was seen, I have since played a 24th level rogue. SICK!

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

Did it work out ok?
For crying out loud, do what you can with the attributes the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

about 6th I think.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

To be fair, it was a 2-shot adventure designed to playtest high-level C&C rules. It worked out well enough, but when fighting enemies of that level, the rogue was only good at two things... saving throws (against level/HD lower than 20), and back attacks. In general combat situations, the rogue with +5 weapons still had a hard time hitting things that had in the upper 20s and low 30s for AC. Since the rogue maxes out at BTH +7 at 24th level, the rogue still had to roll pretty high on the d20. Back attacks, and backstab helped a lot, but those situations don't come up every time an attack roll is attempted.

I guess the saving grace to that is, that if the rogue rolls high enough for initiative, he essentially gets to act twice in the round. But from a pure combat standpoint, the rogue is all but useless in combat. Now give the rogue the ability to do something else, like cast spells from scrolls, or carry magic items that mitigate the lack of combat ability, and you have something going. If you play a rogue by-the-book, and he reaches 24th level with a +5 weapon or two, as long as the rogue is combating lower HD/level opponents, he just can't help against the biggest baddest foes in combat.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!

Greyblade
Hlobane Orc

Post by Greyblade »

6th/7th level and it was seamless to play and GM.

Also

Wow wow wow!

Haven't been on these forums for a while, and when I come back, end up reading a topic full of French cliches & co? When have you all turned into rednecks guys??? Did you all decide to go pump iron at the gym at the same time and transformed into football jocks??? Jesus Mary Joseph & all of the saints what's happening here?

I mean you guys should know better. You're supposed to be the clever ones in this godforsaken country of yours! You know what I am saying? The rest of your countrymates are fat, stupid, ignorant and boorish loots with failing IQs and diabetes type XXXX obesity who think we all should know their grandmum Anna from country Mayo or uncle Frantz from Germany and are surprised when we don't, but hey, at least I knew here I could have intelligent conversations with Americans with a brain. Tell me it has not changed!

Besides, guess you forgot you needed Lafayette & co back in the day to help you sort out your British problem uh? And shall we start chatting about Voltaire & where your constitution takes its roots from?

...Cough cough just sayin'... 8-)

PS = please do not be offended, we can swing jokes both ways allright? Talking about jokes, wanna hear one a good one about you yankee boys?

You know what separates man from the animal?

The Atlantic ocean! :D

PS - And yes, you can use it both ways. Thank the froggy

Re-PS - I am really not offended at all, and I am just tryin' to show you cliches & stupid humor can go many ways. Besides, I'm not the last one when it's time to honestly look at France & Europe. For all its shortcomings, it still is a great country with a long and rich history, and truely, WW2 was really not the "holy shit lets drop everything & run" cliche you've been brought up to believe thanks to Fox & co. Really really not. Come and visit, I'll show you you can have a grand old time here. What locals don't like however is when some of you guys come over with that "move along, peasant, I your American lord demand precedence!" air.

Re-Re-PS - And talking about football, I'm pretty sure that I know more about it than most of you loosers ah ah ;) No, not football the European way, I mean football your way. Try me :)
Durka durka Muhammad djihad

pawndream
Red Cap

Post by pawndream »

6th level here.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Greyblade, if you look at the dates on the first posts of this thread, you'll see that this topic was started 8 years ago. ALL THE GYM JOCKS DONE LEFT YEARS AGO! Haha, was funny to read that.

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Greyblade
Hlobane Orc

Post by Greyblade »

Has it been that long since I came here ? :)

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

The eight year long thread.

Greyblade
Hlobane Orc

Post by Greyblade »

Shoot Doc, I think we messed up our dates again, back to the DeLorean again!!! :)

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Level 11 human paladin/crowner in Lord Seurek's Forgotten Realms campaign.

Level 11 gnome fighter in Treebore's Wilderlands campaign.

maximus
Ulthal

Post by maximus »

No weightlifters & and football jocks allowed? Looks like I'm out...

Dead Horse
Red Cap

Post by Dead Horse »

Last campaign i ran, ended with all the characters ascending. levels ranged from 20 to 27.
The spell casters had incredible ammounts of firepower. but other wise worked well.
Please don't beat me.
Not Worth Any Experiance Points Alive http://nwaepa.blogspot.com/

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

1st to 5th.. all worked swimmingly.. we're really slow.

Other than starting high level characters to play high level stuff we rarely played any DnD over 8th level... been that way since 1980.
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.