What current setting do you use for your C&C games?

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

What current setting do you use for your C&C games?

Post by slimykuotoan »

I think I'm gonna go Greyhawk (the original bowed set) until I can have a look at Ahirde.
For crying out loud, do what you can with the rolls the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

Dragonhelm
Red Cap

Post by Dragonhelm »

Dragonlance, baby!
There's another setting?

pactmaster

Post by pactmaster »

The old Bard Games Atlantean system feel with a tinge of Planescape. I really enjoyed the old Atlantean Bestiary and all of the snippets of flavor text thrown in, which really set the stage for a lot of excellent gaming.

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Re: What current setting do you use for your C&C games?

Post by gideon_thorne »

My own.

Never was too keen on most of the settings out there. So, over the last 20 *mumble mumble* years I evolved my own.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Erde/Airdhe. However I am developing my own area for it just outside of Outremere. The beauty of the setting is that it's so easy to do this and not break any written 'canon' with that setting than it is in other settings.

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Aihrde

Post by Tadhg »

Aihrde/Greyhawk blend with elements of Barovia, Old World, Diablo and Known World. I'm still very interested in the Wilderlands, so I expect to maybe incorporate stuff from that setting as well.

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

philippe tromeur

Post by philippe tromeur »

They're now in the planes (Planescape, "Great Modron March" campaign), but they started in Airdhe ("Rising Knight" + "Lion in the Ropes").

I plan to bring them to Greyhawk (using the recent "Living Greyhawk Gazetteer", but I also own som old AD&D1 and AD&D2 stuff) and/or Ravenloft (thanks to "Domains of Dread" and other AD&D2 books). I'd like to use some Yggsburgh short adventures, too.

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

Currently Dragonlance.

Greyhawk is another favorite.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

I'm unable to game at the moment due to a rapidly aproching move.

I'm working on a home brew -with tons of ideas from here, plus amix of airdhe, tolkin, & historic earth. -wow its hard to type with a fussy baby in one arm- I havn't seen wilderland s before but keep hearing good things about them so I'm sure I'll eventually ad there also

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Eisenmann
Ulthal

Post by Eisenmann »

I'm currently putting together my own setting. Heck, I bought C&C to do just that.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I currently run my own campaign setting for C&C (The Rhuinlands). I also use Greyhawk.

...................................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Fizz
Lore Drake

Post by Fizz »

Birthright. Always loved the setting.

Though, i like Midnight a lot too. And i've some ideas for my own homebrew setting too.

-Fizz

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I'm not running a C&C game, but if I were, I'd be using my homebrewed World of The Doldrums.

Nifelhein

Post by Nifelhein »

Whenever i get a C&C game it will either be Midnight or a Homebrew, but I don't have one, so it will probably come down to midnight.
"We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men; and among those fibers, as sympathetic threads, our actions run as causes, and they come back to us as effects." - Attributed to Herman Melville.

Gnostic Gnoll

Post by Gnostic Gnoll »

I ain't got no players, but for when I do I'm working on a subterranean campaign. I'm not sure if I want all new races, or want it to be a "you have been exiled from the surface" situation la Exile/Avernum (or you know, any similar novel/movie/game).

Scurvy_Platypus

Post by Scurvy_Platypus »

A tweaked around version of Palladium Fantasy.

I've been working off and on at a Dragonstar/Shadowrun type one as well.

I've toyed with the idea of taking the Dragonstar/Shadowrun setting and dropping the magic out of it, and then using it as the base for a Justifiers setting.

I don't know if I'm going to try and do a Providence game or use a different system for that.

I'd originally planned on doing a Nightbane and/or TMNT one, but if I do anything with those, it'll probably be under a different system.

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

Dungeon Crawl Classics 35, The Known Realms/Aereth.
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

Emryys

Post by Emryys »

I'm hoping to do a Lankhmar/Thieve's World game...

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

Breakdaddy wrote:
Dungeon Crawl Classics 35, The Known Realms/Aereth.

How'd that work out; is there alot of d20 stuff to slog through, or is it nice fluff, etc.
For crying out loud, do what you can with the rolls the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

IanTheMoxious

Post by IanTheMoxious »

This may sound really odd... but I run a low magic FR game. It actually works. It does. I swear. The feeling of the Realms is simply beyond compare. But I don't like the idea of PC's disgarding "another +4 longsword".

I just ordered the Codex of Erde. So we shall see what it's like. TLG has already got me on C&C, I hope they can get me on the setting too.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

IanTheMoxious wrote:
This may sound really odd... but I run a low magic FR game. It actually works. It does. I swear. The feeling of the Realms is simply beyond compare. But I don't like the idea of PC's disgarding "another +4 longsword".

I just ordered the Codex of Erde. So we shall see what it's like. TLG has already got me on C&C, I hope they can get me on the setting too.

Hey where's Hillsboro at?

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

IanTheMoxious

Post by IanTheMoxious »

Hello, fellow Missourian. I am about 45 minutes south of St. Louis as the Ford flys. It is the Jefferson County government seat. We have wonderful scenery with the jail right next to the high school, makes for convenient transit for current students.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Ahh, I'm about 2 hours from Arkansas as the crow flys.Nice to see that I'm not the only MO C&C player.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

slimykuotoan wrote:
How'd that work out; is there alot of d20 stuff to slog through, or is it nice fluff, etc.

Defintely would like to hear from the 'daddy himself how this is going? I like the box set pretty well, and had considered it to. But if you could lay some wisdom upon us about some of your thoughts, that would be pretty kind of you.

............................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I'm not using DCC 35 as my setting, but I think it is very good and suggest that it be bought as soon as you can.

Kind of a blend of Mystara, Greyhawk, and others, in a very good way.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

slimykuotoan wrote:

It's currently working out quite nicely. There are less D20 stats than you might think. It's very reminiscent of the old Greyhawk box, but a tad more fleshed out. Most of the D20 stats are for local heroes, which can be converted as needed. There are very few monster stats, but those also can be converted quickly and easily. I just ran an adventure last night and fun was had by all.
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

Treebore wrote:
I'm not using DCC 35 as my setting, but I think it is very good and suggest that it be bought as soon as you can.

Kind of a blend of Mystara, Greyhawk, and others, in a very good way.

Very much so.
-Genghis Khan

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

Omote wrote:
Defintely would like to hear from the 'daddy himself how this is going? I like the box set pretty well, and had considered it to. But if you could lay some wisdom upon us about some of your thoughts, that would be pretty kind of you.

............................................Omote

FPQ

I can recommend it highly as a setting for C&C. As stated, the D20 stats are minimal and easily converted. We are currently playing in the empire of Crieste, which is fun and a bit reminiscent of the Roman Empire. One of the best parts of this set is the fact that it has just enough detail for a CK to take and run with. My group is currently at the Legionary Fortress at High Cross just north of the Mosswood. I have taken the base setting and manipulated it to suit my campaign without really changing anything.
-Genghis Khan

catenwolde
Ungern

Post by catenwolde »

Play has been very slow and piecemeal of late, but I'm hoping the summer will change that.

When we play the classic Basic and AD&D modules, I'm using Mystara for the very first time. This is self-indulgent of me, since I've never used Mystara and simply want an excuse to use the books ... but "Self-Indulgent, Thy Name is GM."
My homemade modules had been set in "Argolis", my fledgling Bronze Age setting situated in the Aegean at the end of the Bronze Age. The idea here is that the ancient and complex Aegean civilizations are dying, thus openng up all those wonderful citadels and tombs for exploration.

However, I've recently become enamored of the idea of a "Morea" campaign setting - no, not "Dwarven Moria", but Morea, the name given to southern Greece by the Frankish crusaders and Venetian lords who fashioned a short-lived but vibrant state there after the 4th Crusade. The basic idea of the ancient citadels and tombs being areas of exploration is thus augmented by the existence of extensive classical Greek and Roman ruins, the fundamental background becomes much more familiar to players, and the outside threats more easily recognizable.

Well, it's a plan at any rate ...

Dragonhelm
Red Cap

Post by Dragonhelm »

IanTheMoxious wrote:
Hello, fellow Missourian. I am about 45 minutes south of St. Louis as the Ford flys. It is the Jefferson County government seat. We have wonderful scenery with the jail right next to the high school, makes for convenient transit for current students.

LOL!

I'm on the other side of the state in the Kansas City area.