Real World to C&C: Some Mythic Materials

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
serleran
Mogrl

Real World to C&C: Some Mythic Materials

Post by serleran »

So, I've started a new personal project which is to take some materials of the real fictional world (that is, things that may not exist but have at one point or another been considered to have) and give a little bit of C&C-style details but without a lot of actual rules... so, really, this is more system agnostic.

I'm not very far along as I'm going back and forth and even these are not certain...

General note: Some specific details, often with reference to range, distance, weight, and such are purposefully vague so the Castle Keeper can adjust to their liking – all others are recommendations but need not be adhered.

Aether (Condensed Space) – very heavy/dense, possibly the substance needed in the manufacture of a sphere of annihilation; working with raw material is extremely arduous and complex, requiring highly specialized tools and knowledge of both alchemy and magic. Very small quantities exist. Appears black and somewhat attractive (as a magnet) but toward any item from a short distance (under 3 feet) – direct physical touch results in “burns” even if otherwise immune to heat/fire or even disintegration, depending on both surface area and overall contact time. Other noticeable effects include time dilation (slowness) and silence, both within a radius, based on amount present. Does not enchant without superior magic (spell level 8; caster level 17+) and often requires multiple applications of the same spell, generally within a short window. Worth considerable sum to an interested party; virtually unknown outside a limited demand.

Aggry (Witch Egg) – lightweight and fragile, nearly glass-like (including transparency), with blue and azure shades prominent, most used in lapidary arts and the making of jewelry but also as trade items when harder currency is unavailable. When enchanted, holds healing and medicinal magics, especially those which relate to poison, mercantilism, or language. Rare variety (less than 1:100) contains precious metals or gemstones, requiring breakage to access – the amount is often significant and based on size, with smaller yielding more. Druids and other holistic hedge magicians theorize object is an actual egg, belonging to some sort of otherwise unidentified avian/reptile. Mostly found in desert and arid climates.

Aglaophotis – herb normally isolated to dark, moist, places similarly to mushrooms but also known to grow on the bodies of certain plant-like creatures or among the remains of occultist criminals, the very act evidence of demonic claims against – in fact, the leaves and roots can be used in the making of ointments that ward evil magic, fiendish attacks, and the like akin to protection from evil, the duration dependent on dosage. Consuming may result in the breaking of fever and hallucinations but has been reported as implanting false memories as well. Highly desired by those who hunt practitioners of fell spellcraft or by those who practice the same; it is spoken in secret that one or more forbidden tome records usage in the summoning of devils.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Real World to C&C: Some Mythic Materials

Post by Lurker »

Nice

Like all 3 but the egg and the herb fit my Masque of Red Death game perfectly.

Consider them yonked

Thanks for sharing :!:
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Philosopher's Stone?

Universal Solvent, which sounds cool, but is just water.

Heavy water, tritium rich water.
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Sun stone
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.