Minor/Major Dark Chaos Spell

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
mostrojoe
Red Cap

Minor/Major Dark Chaos Spell

Post by mostrojoe »

This spell creates two tendrils from the Illusionist hands. These tendrils attack and, saving throws permitting, do automatic damage.

In your opinion these attacks take an action? Or while the tendrils attack the Illusionist can make something else?

I think that an action should be spent to "point" the tendrils attack, but it's not specified in the spell description.

Grandpa
Ulthal

Re: Minor/Major Dark Chaos Spell

Post by Grandpa »

mostrojoe wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:39 am
This spell creates two tendrils from the Illusionist hands. These tendrils attack and, saving throws permitting, do automatic damage.

In your opinion these attacks take an action? Or while the tendrils attack the Illusionist can make something else?

I think that an action should be spent to "point" the tendrils attack, but it's not specified in the spell description.
without viewing the actual spell description (level, etc.) it is impossible to answer such questions.

mgtremaine
Ulthal

Post by mgtremaine »

Yes takes action. "Use them like whips. Very clearly they require action."

MINOR DARK CHAOS, LEVEl 1 IllUSIONIST
CT 1 R 5 ft. D 2 rds. SV intelligence negates SR yes Comp V, S
A dark pair of smoky tendrils comes from the hands of the illusionist who can use them like whips. They hit automatically and each do 3 points of damage to their victims unless an intelligence save is made. The tendrils last 2 rounds and the victims get a separate saving throw for each attack by a tendril.

-Mike

mostrojoe
Red Cap

Post by mostrojoe »

mgtremaine wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:15 pm
Yes takes action. "Use them like whips. Very clearly they require action."
Thanks a lot :)

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

love this spell, put caster close to harms way, but behind at least one fighter not too bad... but while it lasts, not long, they are melee weapons and thus require all efforts of the caster to make melee attacks.
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Yeah I like this spell

I used it to make a similar spell that last longer but it takes a caster to make a to hit (using their caster attribute as the modifier to hit) .

I think I called it something lke shadow whip or something like that. I'd have to see my home brew notes back at my house to be sure

Like Capk said, love it that it give the caster a melee (with some range) attack that last some rounds but it isn't' an auto hit like MM or danger close range like burning hands (only 5' range on that is way to close for safety for the MU).
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society