Someone has "Adtherpe's Natural Materials"?

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
mostrojoe
Red Cap

Someone has "Adtherpe's Natural Materials"?

Post by mostrojoe »

I have seen this new booklet (with the new C&C fonts).

Someone has it yet? I don't understand, reading the description, if it is a product that has a lot of tables only or if it is something that has some new interesting rules for druids, clerics etc.

Grandpa
Ulthal

Re: Someone has "Adtherpe's Natural Materials"?

Post by Grandpa »

"Adtherpe the Spontaneous collected all sorts of information on the multi-verse, its natural resources and the numerous creatures that inhabit it. Within this small tome he has included knowledge on their locations, composition, and the valuable materials they can provide. Also included are notes and recipes for using and crafting herbal mixtures, alchemical compounds, and guidance on harvesting the valuable materials needed for them. A sample of useful material that will enhance any gamemaster’s table! "

mostrojoe
Red Cap

Post by mostrojoe »

I've read it thanks :)
Still, I'm not sure of what kind of product really is. It is interesting for a druid character, for an example? And a wizard?
There are just suggestions for novice Keepers or there are new rules and tables useful for everyone?

anvil242
Hlobane Orc

Post by anvil242 »

Rules for finding and gathering natural components (plants mostly as far as I can tell). Some specific plants and their uses. Tools for the budding alchemist. Tools and uses for animal parts. Crafting recipes and rules for making your own. 15 pages of stuff, not counting title pages and things.

mostrojoe
Red Cap

Post by mostrojoe »

Ok thanks, it seems fun :)

Rules for finding plants remember me about the old Wilderness Survival Guide, 1st Ed. Good book that one.

Grandpa
Ulthal

Post by Grandpa »

mostrojoe wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:57 pm

Rules for finding plants remember me about the old Wilderness Survival Guide, 1st Ed. Good book that one.
If you have the original AD&D DMG pages 220 - 221 contains a fairly exhaustive list of herbs, spices and vegetables along with their possible uses and/or powers.

mostrojoe
Red Cap

Post by mostrojoe »

Grandpa wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:46 pm
mostrojoe wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:57 pm

If you have the original AD&D DMG pages 220 - 221 contains a fairly exhaustive list of herbs, spices and vegetables along with their possible uses and/or powers.
Nope! I have the 2nd edition one!
But thanks for the info, I will search for those pages :D