A question

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
LenaLoyd
Henchman

A question

Post by LenaLoyd »

The best drill to buy

You’re having the best idea about re-decor your house, and it takes the best cordless drills to handle the task. Now is a good time to see what drills there are on the market for you to choose from. Why don’t you take a look at this list for recommendations?

What is the best cordless drill?

First thing first, you need to know exactly what you want to buy. A drill, of course. But what kind? For daily use or for a specific task? To help you determine, we have a summary:
  • Drill driver: it’s designed mainly to drill holes and drive screws, super easy to change from one drill bit to another. If you’re a starter, this is a suitable choice. As long as your project doesn’t evolve hammer action, a drill driver is good to go. That means no hard material like brick or concrete.
  • Combination drill: work just like a drill driver, but better because it has the hammer action. You don’t have to buy drill drivers and hammer drills to work with hard material. A combination drill has both features in it. So it’s more convenient for a complicated project. A beginner may find this difficult to use.
Both of these types should be used with drill driver kits to reach the fullest function. But to decide what is the best cordless drill for you, it still depends on what you want to do and choose the right tool for the job.

Top Rated Cordless Drill

Now that you have in mind what tool you want to buy, take your time to scroll through this list of the best power drill brand:

Bosch PS32-02

This model has a brushless motor, which means more power can be delivered compared to the traditional motor. It also increases the working time and life span. This drill is also lightweight, making handling so much easier. With a three-year warranty, you can feel safe using it and know there is help ready to serve if anything happens.

DeWalt DCD701F2

Famous for its high speed and drill power, this model will satisfy any fastidious customer. With a built-in LED light, working with this drill is the best experience you’ll ever have. Its price is also affordable, make it the best cordless drill for home use.

DeWalt DCD991P2

Here comes the 20 volt super drill, with power and speed up to a whole new level, a perfect fit for heavy-duty tasks. But it has a disadvantage at heaviness and not easy to handle. Professionals would be more suitable for this drill because they will know which speed is made for wood, which speed is easier to work with steel… But we’re sure when you get to know this drill you will love how it performs like a champ.

Makita FD07R1

This is also a lightweight but powerful drill that can alternative some other 18 volt 20 volt models. Short battery life is its only weakness. But it is packed with 2 batteries and a rapid charger, which only takes 60 minutes to fill an empty battery. So if you have a sort-term project that needs a powerful drill, this model can fulfill your demands.

➨➨➨ Visit This Site: What Are The Best Cordless Drills

We hope some of the best cordless drill on the market we have here met your standard. If they do, don’t hesitate and get one right away to start your wonderful project.

mgtremaine
Ulthal

Re: A question

Post by mgtremaine »

By the Book says...

When making a back attack, a rogue must use a close-quarters melee weapon. This weapon must be shorter than the character’s arm. A rogue can only use this attack on creatures with a discernible back.The rogue must be able to see the target well enough to pick out a vital spot, and then must be able to reach it.

So really DM choice on if you want 3rd edition style or something else. I personally do not allow Back Attack on Ooze, Undead or Elementals. Also remember that at 4th Level Sneak Attack becomes an option which is much more flexible (but still no Ooze etc...)

-Mike

DMSamuel
Red Cap

Post by DMSamuel »

In my game I make a judgement call regarding whether the target can get a chance to see/hear the rogue.

1) If the rogue is sneaking up on someone, outside of combat, to strike... if it is reasonable that the rogue could do so, based on the circumstances, then I let the rogue make the attack without having to do any kind of dexterity/concealment (hide + move silent) check

2) If the rogue is attempting this in the middle of combat and the target does not know that the rogue specifically is there, then the rogue has to make a conceal check (as per the Hide entry in the rogue class description) to hide and be silent. This check is made at a -5

3) If the rogue is attempting this in the middle of combat and the target DOES know that the rogue specifically is there, but the target is distracted, then the rogue has to make a conceal check (as per the Hide entry in the rogue class description) to hide and be silent. This check is made at a -10

It sounds way more complicated than it is. Usually I go by gut feeling about whether the target has a good chance of detecting the rogue's presence. Usually I rule in favor of the Rogue - why not let them shine?
~DMSamuel
---

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

In my history, back attacks and assassinations are rare... same for a Monk's Death Touch.

But I'm playing a game where the CK allows the thief to back stab anytime they are in the back or can get at the back, no surprise needed.
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

DMSamuel wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:53 pm
... Usually I go by gut feeling about whether the target has a good chance of detecting the rogue's presence. Usually I rule in favor of the Rogue - why not let them shine?
I lean toward that camp.

Thieves are weak in a stand up strait fight, so let them have their benefit as much as possible. That said, all those thiefy NPCs that the group faces have the same benefit. It is a 2 edged dagger being stuck in peoples back so it should cut both ways :lol:

As for weapons, anything short sword sized or shorter, or anything made for quick attacks (raiper, saber etc)
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Speaking of Cutting both ways,

A) We were just playing a game where the head assassin (Ruke?) came out of a wall, natural 20 on his back attack with powerful poison on the blade, and the CK gave 2x damage (likely the FG machine did this) for everything.... the guy went from full h.p to negative with a slit throat... very dynamic...

B) My 8th lvl Cleric-Assassin (class and a half) half orc Priest of The All Father (Odin) got his first assassination... removed the kidney of a frost giant in a swarm of butterflies (great cover from a wand of wonder), also very cool. When the butterflies cleared he was eating the kidney of his enemies on the giant corpse, "My kill, don't touch." were his first words to sticky fingered battle-mage who always grabs the loot.
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

DMSamuel
Red Cap

Post by DMSamuel »

Haha - nice. That eating kidney imagery is great!
~DMSamuel
---

Traveller
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Traveller »

mgtremaine wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:05 pm
I personally do not allow Back Attack on Ooze, Undead or Elementals.
Why not undead or elementals? Both have defined backs while the oozes don't.

mgtremaine
Ulthal

Post by mgtremaine »

No "vital organs". [But I could see Vampire's being an exception because they have odd kill requirements]

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Wait, Zombies have vital spots, head shot...

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Back attack is many vectors easier than sneak attack.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Disagree as much as you like. Back attack is infinitely easier to achieve in the midst of an existing combat than a sneak attack. It may be the very first strike is simpler as a sneak, but if it doesn't kill, who cares.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Sneak Attack is so weak... might as well let the poor class do it all it can that's reasonable... back attack aka backstab is rare too.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Ask yourself has my mage cast fireball more than my thief back stabs?

Natural 20 on a back stab.... does it do extra damage?

Fizz
Lore Drake

Post by Fizz »

Captain_K wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:40 am
Natural 20 on a back stab.... does it do extra damage?
In my games, yes. Backstabs may be rare, but they are to be feared. Though if you have assassins in your game, you need to be careful to not overshadow their instant-kill ability.

-Fizz

Fizz
Lore Drake

Post by Fizz »

Retrogamer_Meph wrote: See I really disagree there. Back Attack is basically the equivalent of the AD&D Backstab. So the Rogue needs to catch the victim unaware either by hiding in shadows or moving silently....or both depending on the situation. The attack must be from behind, must be small melee weapon, and must the victim cannot know they are there. Once the Rogue has been seen, generally a Back Attack is just about impossible.
serleran wrote: Disagree as much as you like. Back attack is infinitely easier to achieve in the midst of an existing combat than a sneak attack. It may be the very first strike is simpler as a sneak, but if it doesn't kill, who cares.
I don't think it's one or the other. They are two different tools for different scenarios. Sneak attack is less useful in combat situations, as all enemies are alert and wary. But sneak attack gives you many more options outside of combat, since it doesn't require hiding or moving silently. Back attack requires more work, but has a higher payoff.

-Fizz