View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Crusaders at the Gates of Firestorm Peak! 
Mist Elf

Post Crusaders at the Gates of Firestorm Peak!
Hello, gals and guys! First post here. I am excited to be a part of this civil and gregarious community!
Soo, I am a sucker for all things Far Realm and huge fan of C&C. Has anyone run "Gates of Firestorm Peak" under C&C?
Impressions ,guidelines and tips would be much appreciated!. Thanks in advance!

Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:53 am
Greater Lore Drake

Post Re: Crusaders at the Gates of Firestorm Peak!
Hi & welcome to the forum here !

Personally, I have never ran Firestorm Peak itself. However, it shouldn't be to hard to convert and run.

I'm running a 2e conversion to the Ravenloft Masque of the Red Death using Amazing Adventure as the rules, and the conversion is fairly easy thus far.

Just figure out if the monster is a physical, mental, or both prime. Then figure out the BTH - rough estimate of the monster HD and what class they are closest to. Then subtract the AC from 20 to get the C&C / Siege AC.

That is just a quick rule of thumb, and the numbers may be off here or there by 1 or 2, but amongst friends who is going to argue about 1 or 2 points of AC or to hit.

Other than that everything else in the modules etc is just flavor that you can run with as needed.

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:09 pm
Mist Elf

Thanks for the pointers! I was hesitant, because I've read that the module was made to be used with the "Player's Options"s series. But I see it ca ngo both ways - vanilla AD&D 2E and PO!

Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:22 pm
Lore Drake

Welcome to the community!

In my games, i'm pretty much running AD&D 2nd ed as well, but with the C&C Siege mechanics. I have found it works quite well, so i don't see it wouldn't work for Firestorm Peak or the Player's Option series. So find yourself a copy and go for it. :)

-Fizz

Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:11 am
Mist Elf

Fizz wrote:
Welcome to the community!

In my games, i'm pretty much running AD&D 2nd ed as well, but with the C&C Siege mechanics. I have found it works quite well, so i don't see it wouldn't work for Firestorm Peak or the Player's Option series. So find yourself a copy and go for it. :)

-Fizz

But arent Player's Options considered broken?

Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:43 pm
Lore Drake

Dorf the Dwarf wrote:
But arent Player's Options considered broken?

I don't know about that. I primarily used Skills & Powers for class options / ideas, and never had an issue with those.

I know much less about Combat & Tactics or Spells & Magic. But it probably depends on what you consider "broken". If the game stays fun for everyone, can't be that bad. :)

-Fizz

Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]